PDA

View Full Version : Need to find a replacement battery

vazquez130
02-29-2020, 03:27 PM
So my current battery isnt holding a charge any more and im looking to find a replacement for it here in the states ive tried all my local auto parts stores with no luck. Here are some pictures of the battery information. The current battery i have isnt a full size battery its smaller thats why im having trouble finding a replacement.

https://imgur.com/a/mGtVsB9

S14rebuild
02-29-2020, 06:45 PM
Well uve given us no information on what year make and model ur car is....so i have no idea.

But from ur pick id try a mazda miata battery like 1991

jedi03
03-02-2020, 10:51 AM
optima all the way!

TheRealSy90
03-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Optima's are straight garbage nowadays.

You can get an AGM battery from Interstate with the same specs as a red Optima for literally half the price with a better warranty. And they're made in the same Johnson Controls factory.

vazquez130
03-02-2020, 01:54 PM
I Actually did end up getting a miata battery lol it was the perfect fit

S14rebuild
03-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Glad i could help

JrDarknes
03-03-2020, 04:24 PM
Optima's are straight garbage nowadays.

You can get an AGM battery from Interstate with the same specs as a red Optima for literally half the price with a better warranty. And they're made in the same Johnson Controls factory.

Yea they are absolute garbage now. My dad had one last for years that he switched from car to car. I bought a redtop 2 years ago, it Died in a year. Bought a yellowtop and it just died on me. Waste of my money.

What is the interstate battery you're talking about. I'm gonna try to pick one up next week

TheRealSy90
03-03-2020, 07:49 PM
Yea they are absolute garbage now. My dad had one last for years that he switched from car to car. I bought a redtop 2 years ago, it Died in a year. Bought a yellowtop and it just died on me. Waste of my money.

What is the interstate battery you're talking about. I'm gonna try to pick one up next week

It’s just an Interstate AGM, absorbed glass mat so it’s fully sealed and doesn’t need a battery box if relocated. Find your nearest local interstate store and ask for their AGM and they come in different sizes.
I always asked if they have any “Blemished” batterys as they are always cheaper and nothing wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk