PDA

View Full Version : Genuine S13 dash still available - info inside

mav1178
02-13-2020, 12:34 PM
After a few weeks of back and forth, I am told that brand new, genuine Nissan S13 non-HUD dash (instrument panel, the thing that is cracked on everyone’s car) is still available to order.

Some info:

genuine Nissan OEM product
not made in Japan, but has "Genuine Nissan Parts" tag on it
current estimated price of $1400-1700, pricing will vary based on quantity ordered.
lead time of 150-180 days to produce, plus additional 45-60 days inbound shipping. currently it would be arrival in October 2020 if I placed a PO today.

Any interest for this? Only black dash available.

-alex

S14rebuild
02-13-2020, 02:11 PM
U have it ordered already?

brndck
02-13-2020, 02:43 PM
so this is a new reproduction, not N.O.S.?

EFITTZY
02-13-2020, 02:45 PM
Both this and the metal fenders could be big wins. Will fallow for updates

mav1178
02-13-2020, 03:30 PM
U have it ordered already?

No, but even if I did order, it'll take 6+ months. The real question is how many, since these are much more expensive than fenders.

so this is a new reproduction, not N.O.S.?

If it was NOS I would not quote a 6 month lead time.

JDM240z
02-13-2020, 05:00 PM
There are a few US companies that can restore dashes for half that. Had my 240z dash done for a reasonable price. Heated and vacuum formed vinyl. Great quality and USA made baby. I’d hate to by a corona tainted dash.

mav1178
02-13-2020, 05:11 PM
I’d hate to by a corona tainted dash.

good for you.

super.trick
02-13-2020, 05:20 PM
Used, crack-free LHD dashes still come up for sale somewhat regularly for $200-$400. Not sure why anyone would go this route if not to flex.

In any case, RHD dashes are still available new as well. $830 + $100 shipping. $905 for HUD. 2-3 weeks from Japan to your door, so they are actually in stock.

S14rebuild
02-13-2020, 06:19 PM
Used, crack-free LHD dashes still come up for sale somewhat regularly for $200-$400. Not sure why anyone would go this route if not to flex.

In any case, RHD dashes are still available new as well. $830 + $100 shipping. $905 for HUD. 2-3 weeks from Japan to your door, so they are actually in stock.

Was bout to come back and post this info.

I see where the op is going with this but just not at the right cost..

CrimsonRockett
02-13-2020, 09:21 PM
My problem would still be the material used.

If it’s still the same as what’s currently in our cars, that means they’ll still end up cracking down the line.

Im cool with the sub $1k price tag. $1500+ would make me consider custom/other options.

feito
02-13-2020, 09:55 PM
new old stock? I mean, you still got to get it properly packaged and shipped overseas for cheap, wouldnt that alone take months? 'cause it would suck to get a 1k+ new dash only to have it crack a few months later:mepoke:

SupaDoopa
02-14-2020, 07:50 AM
For what a local shop would charge to restore a cracked dash to almost OEM-standard, that makes no sense. It'll take a fraction of the time, cost a fraction of the money and you'll have a fraction of the chance of contracting some sort of disease where your toes turn into penises.

brndck
02-14-2020, 08:35 AM
http://www.justdashes.com/
they do great work for around $1k

uncracked dashes do still pop up for $3-500, (but obv they will eventually crack as well)

If someone wants a $1400 brand new dash, awesome, but the large majority of 240 owners wont even spend the extra $100 for SPL over ISR, so. . . . . .

mav1178
02-14-2020, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the replies. I can see clearly the target audience for this isn't on Zilvia, but I still have to respond to some of these posts.

Not trying to sell RHD dashes, and I'm aware some people still have stock of it in Japan. The main thing is, the actual part number is discontinued, it's just new old stock lying around via sellers in Japan.

I see where the op is going with this but just not at the right cost..

Like you said in the other thread about the $20k S14, there's always someone willing to pay more. I'm mostly letting people know this is available and will put up a purchase link, but until someone wants to commit to buying, I won't bring any in.

My problem would still be the material used.

If it’s still the same as what’s currently in our cars, that means they’ll still end up cracking down the line.

There was an original owner 1993 S13 that sold for $20k on BaT with a mint original dash.

The material isn't the problem, it's how you keep it maintained. I never had any problems with my S13 dashboards when I cared for it, but the last S13 I owned (2005-2010) had a dash that split overnight after I sold it because the next owner used it primarily as a drift car (and it sat overnight in the desert for days)

I figured that a brand new dash from the same material as stock means you get 10-15 years out of it with proper care. Most people buy cars that aren't taken care of by the previous owner...

new old stock? I mean, you still got to get it properly packaged and shipped overseas for cheap, wouldnt that alone take months? 'cause it would suck to get a 1k+ new dash only to have it crack a few months later:mepoke:

It's brand new production. The only "proper packaging" I need to worry about is a box to ship it in once it arrives stateside.

For what a local shop would charge to restore a cracked dash to almost OEM-standard, that makes no sense. It'll take a fraction of the time, cost a fraction of the money and you'll have a fraction of the chance of contracting some sort of disease where your toes turn into penises.

I know it makes no sense if you compare it to restoring a dash. That isn't why people buy a new dashboard or new parts in general.

uncracked dashes do still pop up for $3-500, (but obv they will eventually crack as well)

If someone wants a $1400 brand new dash, awesome, but the large majority of 240 owners wont even spend the extra $100 for SPL over ISR, so. . . . . .

My friend used them for a quote for his RHD S13 dash a couple years ago.... $1200-1600 was what he was quoted for.

As for the rest, see above.

brndck
02-14-2020, 11:21 AM

SupaDoopa
02-14-2020, 02:47 PM
If you can justify spending that much for a new Chinese knock off dash that has Nissan stickers on it, you must have a lot of good shit going on in your life because that's a stupid fucking financial decision comparing it to the alternatives.

Initial Drift
02-14-2020, 04:12 PM

HAHAHA. Love the exact same message like 4 hours later.

S14rebuild
02-14-2020, 04:30 PM
HAHAHA. Love the exact same message like 4 hours later.

So confused by the double post...:bowrofl::wtf:

super.trick
02-14-2020, 04:46 PM
Not trying to sell RHD dashes, and I'm aware some people still have stock of it in Japan. ...

Yup, neither am I, just sharing information. I thought that's what this thread is for, hence "info inside" in the title.

I know it makes no sense if you compare it to restoring a dash. That isn't why people buy a new dashboard or new parts in general.

As I said earlier, IMO the 'why' in this case is just to flex, since it's otherwise irrational.

"Check out my $1700 dash, freshly imported*, BNIB OEM Genuine Nissan Official Parts** 2020 production, brah"

*from China or Mexico
**officially outsourced

I can see clearly the target audience for this isn't on Zilvia...

You're right, you're looking for people with more money than sense. Try an old logo nismo appreciation group

Initial Drift
02-14-2020, 04:55 PM
If your implying that I don't understand what a double post is.... :fawk2: Being that the time difference between the initial post and secondary was ~3 hours, it didn't appear to be "just a double post"

I inferred that he was repeating himself implying that the stuff mentioned in OP's followup comment didn't really matter. If it was "just a double post", well then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

While I do think its cool and awesome that OP is looking to get stuff made for these cars, I feel that there might be more valid items to go to when there is already a solution that is cheaper and just as good as his method.

mav1178
02-14-2020, 08:26 PM
Christ, you people are dense.

These are brand new, genuine Nissan parts. They are ordered from a Nissan dealer outside of Japan and aren’t some type of knock-off part. Nissan still has it available to order in their global system, just not within US or Japan systems.

There’s no need for me to order anything. These are made to order and the unit cost is the same, whether it’s 1 or 100. The only variable that is reduced is shipping cost.

The price reflects a full retail + shipping to US type of pricing. But since you guys know more than I do, I’ll let this die.

Alex

Standard
02-14-2020, 10:45 PM
Not sure what all the hate is for, just a gentlemen sharing this information for those of us that adore these vehicles. Am I going to buy one? No, but it's very cool to see that it's possible to have a brand spanking new OEM dash for our old ass cars. +Rep OP

S14rebuild
02-15-2020, 05:25 AM
Just sayn, might be best if u acually spent the $ and brought 1 in first..acually show this is true... the wait time is real and dash can acually be had... u know pictures are worth a thousand words