PDA

View Full Version : WTB: S13 silvia hood

NJs13_1993
02-06-2020, 11:09 AM
Im looking for a good condition silvia hood in AZ, Socal, or Vegas. I ordered one through Fineline Tuning over a month ago and havent received any updates or shipping info despite my emails and fb/ig messages. Let me know what you have.

Im pressed for time now so I need something in the next 2 weeks.

EFITTZY
02-13-2020, 01:49 PM
This won't be helpful but I went through the same thing October 2019... After trying every means I could think of I finally got a reply from Alex on IG.

Unfortunately when I received my hood I was quite disappointed in the overall quality. I had always heard decent things about Fineline. All aftermarket fiberglass requires work, but for the price I paid I expected better. Guess it's another case of koguchi fitment.
- Honestly seen better duraflex crap

I'm still blocking it out and trying to get it smooth because it is so wavy. All edges and vent holes needed major attention. Another thing that bothered me is that the rivnuts don't work with the oe hardware. I was under the impression that it would work with factory hinges and hardware but I was wrong. Will have to pull my fenders in as much as possible to close up the almost 3/4" gap on either side.

I was pressed for time as well. I had my car scheduled for paint, but that has all gone out the window. Hope to have it painted end of March now Anyways good luck OP, you are not alone :ughug:

https://ibb.co/HDcXFXL
Pic for reference

NJs13_1993
02-17-2020, 10:15 AM
Yea I wish I wouldve done more research sooner. In trying to find other ways to contact them I found all the bad reviews.

I got an email saying it would be another week to get done, well that week was last friday and now I havent been able to get an answer from them again. So if anyone has a hood for sale please let me know.