PDA

View Full Version : S14 KA / S13 Trans Questions

shoottothrill
01-26-2020, 03:19 PM
Been reading the forums for a long time, first time posting. Please let me know if this isn't in the right area, so I can take it down and/or move it.

I recently bought a Zenki S14 KA, which is an automatic. Someone recently posted on one of the FB groups for AZ about selling an S13 SR manual trans. I know that the SR trans and KA trans are basically the same (off of what I've seen on different threads on here), with slightly different gearing, and a different bell housing. I also have read on here that the S14 and S13 speed sensors are different, though I believe they are a direct mount up.

I looked through tons of stuff on here and haven't seen anyone doing this swap before, putting an S13 SR 5 spd trans on a S14 KA. Has anyone done this before? Am I missing anything other than a different bell housing and speed sensor? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

S14rebuild
01-26-2020, 05:55 PM
U need to swap bellhousing, s14 ka has a crankshaft sensor located in the bellhousing, besides from that, swap over sensors for 5th gear and reverse and ur speedo and u should be good togo

JoelC
01-30-2020, 01:46 PM
U need to swap bellhousing, s14 ka has a crankshaft sensor located in the bellhousing, besides from that, swap over sensors for 5th gear and reverse and ur speedo and u should be good togo

He is correct, you CAN use an s13 bellhousing however, you'll have a CEL for the missing sensor. You're going to have a CEL no matter what if you use the auto ecu anyway so if you're willing to deal with that it is an option.

kyral
02-02-2020, 12:57 PM
+1 the trans just needs a bell housing to work, if yo use s13 its doesn't have a crank sensor hole, but sensor is only used to detect misfires. and s14 speedo with bolt right up