PDA

View Full Version : Sr20de Standalone Ecu Questions

Cesar240
01-23-2020, 07:51 PM
Ive got an s13 and it has a sr20de that was turbo'd. Its currently running on a piggy back ecu but I would like to get a standalone ecu. Im curious if any standalone would work for my setup or if i would have to get a specific one since it was non turbo before. Ive been searching online but ive found no information.

OnTheChip
01-24-2020, 09:17 AM
Have a look at the NismotronicSA (https://nismotronic.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fnismotronic-sa-tuning-package) system.

jedi03
01-27-2020, 12:38 PM
they should pretty much all work, how much money do you want to spend and do you know how to tune are some better questions...if you aren't going to do the tuning, I would suggest locate a tuner, find out what they prefer and go from there...

AndrewS13
02-20-2020, 04:01 AM
It really depends if youre going to be tuning yourself or taking it to a tuner. If you're taking it to a tuner just get whatever they want to work with. If you're doing it yourself, research the different options and decide what would be easiest for you to work with. They all do the same things in the end.

Kingtal0n
02-20-2020, 02:05 PM
What the hell is an sr20de?

Wait, naturally aspirated? What is there to even tune?
Just use a stock computer, you are looking at maybe 6% difference between 'tuned' and 'factory tune' and it comes at the cost of reliability and safety.

AndrewS13
02-20-2020, 02:26 PM
What the hell is an sr20de?

Wait, naturally aspirated? What is there to even tune?
Just use a stock computer, you are looking at maybe 6% difference between 'tuned' and 'factory tune' and it comes at the cost of reliability and safety.

The engine is a turboed sr20de. Definitely needs a tune.

Kingtal0n
02-27-2020, 08:16 PM
The engine is a turboed sr20de. Definitely needs a tune.

Oh. Dear god what have you done. I would just use an sr20det harness and computer at that point. Put a CAS on it if that is even possible.

Otherwise what? If nismotronic will have you, then sure use that. It sounds like the only option at that point?

I would not invest in a serious stand-alone for an DE style engine. Does it even have piston oil squirters? Did you lower the compression somehow? You will need to do something about the cast piston heating and high compression if not.

I've never seen a factory DE engine support a turbo for very long. But I haven't seen many of them in the first place, so good luck !

TheRealSy90
02-28-2020, 10:33 AM
People have been turbocharging the fwd sentra de's for decades now with no issues when tuned right.

It will be fine if tuned right.