PDA

View Full Version : Electrical clicking sound with engine cutting out

95se
12-26-2019, 12:08 AM
I tried to upload a file of the noise but not able to. For a while i've had this clicking sound behind the dash that occurs with the engine cutting out. Started about a yr and half ago but only happened ever so often. Lately it's gotten much worse where I'm afraid it's going to die but hasn't. Used to it never really did it on the highway but w it's doing it at any speed. CEl came on before this started happening with codes knock sensor and egr. When this started happening no new codes came up but when I started it one time the air bag light started flashing. This same clicking (glitching noise) also occurs when I start it but it starts fine. Then a few weeks ago the CEl went off came back on then went off again. Any ideas. It's stock ka manuel.

coupesallday!
12-26-2019, 12:31 PM
Check all the fuses and relays, I had a problem one time where my s14 would make a clicking noise and wouldn’t start, it turned out to be the 75A fuse for the alternator

jedi03
12-30-2019, 12:51 PM
if you have clicking noise could be wire grounding out...

95se
01-04-2020, 11:22 AM
Check all the fuses and relays, I had a problem one time where my s14 would make a clicking noise and wouldn’t start, it turned out to be the 75A fuse for the alternator

Took it in and they saId the fuel pump relay was doing the clicking noise but it still did it when they swapped it out. They checked other things and are going to swap the ecu and see.

95se
01-04-2020, 11:26 AM
if you have clicking noise could be wire grounding out...

They found the fuel pump relay to be clicking but swapping it out couldn't fix it. So they are going to swap in another ecu and see if it stops it.

S14rebuild
01-04-2020, 11:31 AM
Sounds like a bad ground

95se
01-04-2020, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a bad ground

Maybe, swapping the ecu didn't stop it.

S14rebuild
01-04-2020, 03:06 PM
Pull up the fuel pump wiring diagram on the fsm...see where it grounds...probly loose or corrosion

95se
01-04-2020, 03:44 PM
Pull up the fuel pump wiring diagram on the fsm...see where it grounds...probly loose or corrosion

I'm sure they'll check everything. This shop specializes in 240''s and knows them as well as anyone.