PDA

View Full Version : 1990 240sx No Cluster Illumination Or Running Lights

Dorikato
11-21-2019, 03:54 PM
Alright, so I'm tearing my hair out here trying to figure this out. I have NO cluster illumination (besides dummy lights, clock, high beam & turn signal dash indicators) nor do I have DRLs, headlights and BRAKE lights work, as well as my reverse lights. I've tried 3 different TCU boxes, 2 different light switches (stalk/multi function switches), and two different dimmer switches. No blown fuses, replaced them ALL just to be sure. The ONLY way I can get gauge cluster illumination is to feed 12v to the red/yellow wire that is attached to the dimmer switch. I've tried grounding the red/yellow etc to bypass it with no luck. I'm fine with running it that way, but it still does not solve my DRLs not coming on at all.

Any insight into what could be the problem?!

S13loverdrift1
11-28-2019, 02:05 PM
Have you traced the voltage and seen if you get voltage out of the light switch maybe it’s not making contact anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h3avy.t
12-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Alright, so I'm tearing my hair out here trying to figure this out. I have NO cluster illumination (besides dummy lights, clock, high beam & turn signal dash indicators) nor do I have DRLs, headlights and BRAKE lights work, as well as my reverse lights. I've tried 3 different TCU boxes, 2 different light switches (stalk/multi function switches), and two different dimmer switches. No blown fuses, replaced them ALL just to be sure. The ONLY way I can get gauge cluster illumination is to feed 12v to the red/yellow wire that is attached to the dimmer switch. I've tried grounding the red/yellow etc to bypass it with no luck. I'm fine with running it that way, but it still does not solve my DRLs not coming on at all.

Any insight into what could be the problem?!

I have a similar issues in my 180SX, it is intermittent. Sometimes I will have to hit the/tap the light stalk in order for my dash + tail lights to come on....rarely but sometimes while driving over a bump the lights will go off, but again a hit will bring them back.

I have yet to do something about it...