PDA

View Full Version : clutch options for SR20det (drifting)

doridoridori
10-14-2019, 10:30 PM
Quick question, what clutch kits/brands do you guys prefer for drifting?

I usually take the car to events once a month, I was currently using the white bunny kit 6puck clutch w/flywheel. Broke it in the 500mile period then started drifting on it. I don't heavily rely on clutch kicking 24/7 while drifting but i do use it. I only went to 4 events and the clutch just started slipping before the event was halfway done. Other than events i park the car usually so im not putting a ton of miles on the clutch but thought i'd get more longevity out of it than 4 events.

What are you guys using/suggest? also would i get more longevity out of a full faced disc vs a 6 puck or is it apples vs oranges?

any info would be appreciated

p.s. - i have a Redtop SR, T28 on 10psi (for power reference)

TheRealSy90
10-15-2019, 08:27 AM
For your setup which is pretty standard, I'd recommend:

ACT "Xtreme" sprung 6 puck clutch disc, and ACT "Heavy Duty" pressure plate. I ran this clutch for 6-7 years daily driving and drifting and it never slipped, and many others have ran this combo. It works great, pedal isn't super stiff, and lasts forever.

Don't get a solid or unsprung clutch disc.

doridoridori
10-15-2019, 10:58 AM
For your setup which is pretty standard, I'd recommend:

ACT "Xtreme" sprung 6 puck clutch disc, and ACT "Heavy Duty" pressure plate. I ran this clutch for 6-7 years daily driving and drifting and it never slipped, and many others have ran this combo. It works great, pedal isn't super stiff, and lasts forever.

Don't get a solid or unsprung clutch disc.

msg'd you .....

msg'd you