PDA

View Full Version : SR20DE AC compressor rebuild info

Joes13Silvia
07-09-2019, 09:05 AM
I have a 92 S13 Silvia Q with a SR20DE, when I hit the AC button the fuse for the power mirrors blows, from reading I think its a seized compressor (verifying today) I just had my AC converted to R134a and id rather not drain it if I can.

I have been told then exist but can not find any AC clutch rebuild kits. Does anyone know if all Nissan or All SR20 compressors are the same? I can find AC compressors for FWD nissan and infiniti SR20s. Or do I just need to convert to a KA24 ac compressor with the adapter?

finally I saw some people just rebuild by updating the shims / washers.

does anyone have any hands on experience fixing the AC?

Thanks

Mikester
07-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Going to a KA24 compressor, even with CodyAce or other adapter kit could be problematic due to JDM lines and RHD. Maybe try searching for a direct replacement (i.e. 180SX, 200SX etc).

Joes13Silvia
07-15-2019, 02:10 PM
Going to a KA24 compressor, even with CodyAce or other adapter kit could be problematic due to JDM lines and RHD. Maybe try searching for a direct replacement (i.e. 180SX, 200SX etc).

I have looked extensively, there alot of close options, my current best option appears to be a 1992 KA24de AC compressor. From a few posts and looking at photos I have to modify one hose (suction side) and the loom should work as is.

going to be using a bracket from https://www.240sxmotoring.com/ka24de-ac-compressor-to-sr20det-conversion-bracket-kit/

Mikester
07-15-2019, 02:13 PM
Cool and good luck- if you get it sorted, Please post a pic or two of your mod to the line- could be helpful to others.