PDA

View Full Version : White S14 Kouki Owner Rear Ended Me

The Hamsterball
06-21-2019, 10:25 PM
Good afternoon Zilvia,

I've been a member here for over 10 years.
I haven't logged in for a while.

I haven't had my 240SX since 2007. I was made to sell it by parents.

These days I drive a WRX now, as do a few others who I used to know who drove S13's and S14's in the past.

Somebody rear ended me recently in SoCal. I am sure he is in the process of sourcing parts for a White S14 Kouki Front End.

This 20-21 year old and his friends refused to exchange insurance and contact information.

If you know of anyone who owns this car, please provide his/her information to myself as a PM.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qxUBNScw4L1AHYP9TgZzq7G9JbLox1W6

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hQMdE9kYWrIhRUP5unHX1j2afCAHHeHJ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bBAlui0E-f3ReAVBlBXumzHXr3WwVsH2

tacotacotaco
06-22-2019, 09:38 AM
So basically a hit and run. Im sure you made a police report etc right?

Green Arrow
06-22-2019, 12:35 PM
You know he didnt, otherwise why make a weird post?

tacotacotaco
06-22-2019, 12:45 PM
You know he didnt, otherwise why make a weird post?

Yeah he has enough info to report it in etc.

Green Arrow
06-22-2019, 12:59 PM
Yeah typically you report a hit and run directly after it happens

silviaks2nr
06-22-2019, 02:43 PM
You have the guy's plate maybe just... call the police>?

danbarnett123
06-22-2019, 04:33 PM
Google tells me it’s a 95 so it’s been Kouki converted.

The Hamsterball
06-23-2019, 02:54 PM
I'm going to be preparing a report with police on one of my day's off.
Probably Monday of this week.

I was hoping on catching him attempting to source parts from this forum from one of the members.

Of course as old as these cars are now, not a lot of people would be willing to purchase brand new aftermarket/oem body parts.

speedgod^s13
06-24-2019, 08:08 PM
I'm going to be preparing a report with police on one of my day's off.
Probably Monday of this week.

I was hoping on catching him attempting to source parts from this forum from one of the members.

Of course as old as these cars are now, not a lot of people would be willing to purchase brand new aftermarket/oem body parts.

Doesn't sound like you are too serious about catching him, since you are taking your time to file a police report.

jumpman2334
06-25-2019, 08:53 AM
why in the hell would you wait to call the cops when you have everything you already need? i would have tried to detain them while you were calling the cops.

FaLKoN240
06-25-2019, 10:02 AM
OP is leaving out some details.

brndck
06-25-2019, 11:16 AM
yeah man, If you didn't make the report right then and there, you pretty much fucked yourself.

i'm guessing the op didn't have insurance or a drivers license?

speedgod^s13
06-25-2019, 08:13 PM
OP is leaving out some details.

Exactly what I was thinking as well. Something is very fishy. :cops:

SR20PWRALTY
07-06-2019, 02:49 AM
Cops don't do reports unless someone was hurt.

Green Arrow
07-06-2019, 04:26 AM
LOL! ^

That comment was so wrong/dumb i read it in the spongebobmeme voice without trying

wanadrift
07-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Seems odd. Was this some kind of brake check/ street race gone wrong?

speedgod^s13
07-06-2019, 10:39 PM
Cops don't do reports unless someone was hurt.

So, property damage isn't a thing and neither is hit and run without injury?

The Hamsterball
07-12-2019, 06:21 PM
You guys don't have the right to accuse me of anything.

When I called the police, they routed me to different offices trying to determine jurisdiction until finally I was told I would have to come into a CHP office in person. The office is only open Mon-Fri 8-5, which happen to be my hours of work.
They're closed holidays as well.

I had some free time after some medical appointment today and went in and finally filed it.

I already did share the information with the insurance company before any of this and they ended up already attempting to go after him with his address and plate information.

If you don't know of this a$$hat or if the car doesn't look familiar, just say you don't know him. Or if you know him and are trying to place blame on me, forget it. He's rear ended me and ran away. That's an arrest right there.

Green Arrow
07-13-2019, 05:13 AM
Nobody accused you of anything, dont get all butthurt.
When there is a accident you call the cops they come to YOU. You then file
a report on the spot, take photos and then leave. Any insurance company would tell
you the same.

Hope you get the guy, noone here wants you to lose. Update us on any news.

brndck
07-15-2019, 12:20 AM
nobody accused you of anything, dont get all butthurt.

Hope you get the guy, noone here wants you to lose. Update us on any news.

+1................

goat_horde
07-18-2019, 11:25 AM
I wonder if he also told police that he's trying to take matters into his own hands and is seeking the individuals whereabouts through an internet forum

Green Arrow
07-18-2019, 12:49 PM
??? I dont see the relevancy. Im not sure if thats illegal either

jumpman2334
07-18-2019, 02:27 PM
You guys don't have the right to accuse me of anything.

We do when you post a thread on the internet that creates more questions than it answers.

you could have saved yourself a lot of headache if you just called 911. a hit and run warrants a 911 call.

The Hamsterball
09-02-2019, 10:40 AM
Well..

I forgot to update this thread.

The other guy had insurance. My insurance went after his insurance.

The guy's insurance didn't accept liability and supported him because he lied about what happened. He said I cut him off and got rear ended by cutting him off.

The police didn't prosecute him for hit and run either, because he had valid insurance. The law is like, if you have valid insurance, even if you don't provide it to the other party it is not a hit and run.

I lost my deductible because of all of it. It's pretty lame.

His insurance payments will probably also increase though. We just got ours renewed and it didn't increase.

Almighty So
09-02-2019, 07:47 PM
And that is why you call the cops at the scene.

brndck
09-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Somebody rear ended me recently in SoCal. I am sure he is in the process of sourcing parts for a White S14 Kouki Front End.

This 20-21 year old and his friends refused to exchange insurance and contact information.

I already did share the information with the insurance company before any of this and they ended up already attempting to go after him with his address and plate information.

If you don't know of this a$$hat or if the car doesn't look familiar, just say you don't know him. Or if you know him and are trying to place blame on me, forget it. He's rear ended me and ran away. That's an arrest right there.

Well..

I forgot to update this thread.

The other guy had insurance. My insurance went after his insurance.

The guy's insurance didn't accept liability and supported him because he lied about what happened. He said I cut him off and got rear ended by cutting him off.

The police didn't prosecute him for hit and run either, because he had valid insurance. The law is like, if you have valid insurance, even if you don't provide it to the other party it is not a hit and run.

I lost my deductible because of all of it. It's pretty lame.

His insurance payments will probably also increase though. We just got ours renewed and it didn't increase.

dude. this still doesn't add up. EVEN if you DID cut him off, its still the following drivers responsibility to maintain a safe distance to the car ahead. aka, still his fault.

if he refused to provide you with his information and insurance, and left the scene, its a hit and run.

sucks you didn't file a report right then and their. sounds like it would have totally saved your ass.