PDA

View Full Version : S13 Brake Swap Sticking (R32 GT-R)

marc-s13
06-16-2019, 02:35 PM
Here's the specs of everything:
1990 S13 Hatch (ABS)
S13 Automatic brake booster
Z32 Master
R32 GT-R non brembo front brakes
Chasebays braided SS conversion lines

I bled the two fronts and the abs module yesterday. There is no air in the lines.

When the car is rolling in neutral and I cut the engine, I can hear the pad rubbing on the rotor. There's no gap between the pad and the rotor ever. The pistons don't want to retract.

I took the pads out, and had a friend press the pedal a bit. The pistons do not compress evenly. I tried greasing the slider pins, but it didn't help, and that's not the issue if the pistons still didn't retract with the pads out.

Few things I think could be the problem:
- I rebuilt them wrong (I don't know... both sides? Seems unlikely to me. I think I did it correctly)
- I was using old brake fluid (not previously used, just sitting for a while)
- Maybe there's still some air in the system? Don't know how this could be... Maybe I didn't let the caliper fill properly.
- Maybe my automatic booster is the issue
- Unadjusted push rod on booster? Still feel some play at the top of the pedal, so I don't know if that could be it.

Any help is appreciated.

nisileighty
06-16-2019, 08:04 PM
Had the same issue, make sure your brakes aren’t upside down (on the wrong side). If I recall correctly the bleeder should be on the top.

marc-s13
06-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Had the same issue, make sure your brakes aren’t upside down (on the wrong side). If I recall correctly the bleeder should be on the top.

Both bleeders on top.