PDA

View Full Version : 2019-20 NBA Thread

Phlip
06-16-2019, 07:33 AM
The first salvo has been shot with the Lakers agreeing to mortgage their long term future to maximize LeBron's twilight years.
Now it is time for Kyrie and everyone else to make their own moves. This includes Durant and Klay doing so while on the mend.
The Knicks will continue to be a cursed organization.
Who y'all with?

exitspeed
06-16-2019, 07:39 AM
Go Bucks.

They can only get better.

BOROSUN
06-16-2019, 07:51 AM
The same expectations with the Knicks. Look forward to our players development. Mitch Robinson is the future. I want coach fiz to bring back the hard playing culture and a fucking system.

Can't wait for summer league

enkei2k
06-30-2019, 04:23 PM
The first salvo has been shot with the Lakers agreeing to mortgage their long term future to maximize LeBron's twilight years.
Now it is time for Kyrie and everyone else to make their own moves. This includes Durant and Klay doing so while on the mend.
The Knicks will continue to be a cursed organization.
Who y'all with?

I'm just glad the Knicks drafted RJ Barrett

KD + Kyrie to the Brooklyn NETS

FML

Riq
06-30-2019, 08:43 PM
Damn as much as I hate the Knicks, it sucks that no one want's to play for the franchise. Best they can do is second tier players. That fan base deserves an actual owner instead of whatever James Dolan is.

BOROSUN
07-01-2019, 09:31 AM
Tons of Knicks fans actually wanted randle over kd after his injury. More upside with development and still young at 24. I was in the middle. But, now I'm glad of the choice.

I would still go for kawhi. I doubt Knicks can get him.

I wish Knicks picked up rondo.

jumpman2334
07-01-2019, 10:41 AM
okay now that we know where durant is going and klay is staying, i want to know what kawhi is going to do.

i still cant believe durant signed with the nets, would have never guessed. although 4 years at 164 mil is pretty good, considering you might not ever play at the proficiency he once did due to his injury.

lewisfk
07-01-2019, 07:49 PM
This is amazing how everything is unfolding! Magic Johnson has the Lakers by the balls! The Lakers may lose K. Leonard to the Clippers or Raptors because of their slime ball GM!

Riq
07-02-2019, 12:39 AM
okay now that we know where durant is going and klay is staying, i want to know what kawhi is going to do.

i still cant believe durant signed with the nets, would have never guessed. although 4 years at 164 mil is pretty good, considering you might not ever play at the proficiency he once did due to his injury.

KD's shot will always be there. A KD at 80% is still better than 95% of the NBA. On top of that GS was also offering him the Max. If there was any chance that he would never be the player he was, they would have offered him less than Max like that idiot owner in Manhattan was planning to.

If you listen to all the Laker fans working at Espn, Kawahi to the Lakers is a lock much like KD and Kyrie to the Knicks was. Personally I could see him stay in Toronto.

BOROSUN
07-02-2019, 02:43 AM
im happy knicks just got payton. we needed a a pf and pg bad. i dunno why the media keeps playing the knicks were the losers in this trade. these are great pick ups.

lewisfk
07-02-2019, 05:22 PM
im happy knicks just got payton. we needed a a pf and pg bad. i dunno why the media keeps playing the knicks were the losers in this trade. these are great pick ups.

The reason is simple, the Owner and the Management are garbage! Stephen A explains it the best, and he is a KNICKS die hard fan.

Riq
07-02-2019, 06:58 PM

Tons of Knicks fans actually wanted randle over kd after his injury. More upside with development and still young at 24. I was in the middle. But, now I'm glad of the choice.

I would still go for kawhi. I doubt Knicks can get him.

I wish Knicks picked up rondo.

I don't think it's media rhetoric as much as it's the Knicks for the past 12 months had a plan. They traded away their future because they planned on getting those 2 guy's. When the time came to pitch them on joining the team, the owner shit the bed like he always does.

I understand looking at things as the glass half full like most fans would as to not feel like crap. However to have such a loaded FA class and come out of it with players like Randle, Taj Gibson etc is a complete failure. There is no other way around it. Yes Randle has upside and could develop into a good player. However when have you ever known the Knicks developing players and keeping them? At his best Randle will be a mid tier player but he will never be at KD's level nor will he be at Kyrie's. Payton is a good player off the bench but again there were far better options on the board at the start of FA.

I have been living in Nyc for the past 4 years and from what I've seen the Knicks biggest problem is the fans. They stick with the team no matter what. MSG is always packed no matter how bad the product is. Because of this Dolan feels vindicated in his horrible management of the franchise. Therefore he goes into the room with with KD and tries to pull a Pat Riley take it or leave it type of deal.

BOROSUN
07-02-2019, 10:36 PM
Sas sources told him Kyrie was joining the lakers. The Guy, is a idiot.
Join real Knicks fans talk about bball @ nothinbutknicks on YouTube.

The signings were only 2 yr contracts minus randle. This give Knicks flexibility for future moves. The Knicks is actually sticking with the youth to develop. Drafting Knox and Mitch, including undrafted trier was the best thing I seen. Although, we missed on Zion. RJ looks like a solid player and we moved up for a pick for underrated.pf.iggy. this summer league will show case if RJ/Iggy is a bust or legit. Frank was a Phil Jackson project pick. I still have high hopes he will develop to a legit pg or better.

Letting kp go was a better move. Dude kept getting injured and clearly didn't want to be in NYC. He wanted to be treated like a superstar when clearly he hasn't done anything. also we got Dennis Smith Jr out of that trade.

BOROSUN
07-02-2019, 11:16 PM
Ahg5VePyrgI

Riq
07-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Ahg5VePyrgI

I hear ya on this guy saying the Media is bashing the Knicks but I don't consider Max Media. He's more akin to Skip Bayless. He literally took Skip's spot as the villan on that show once Skip booked it to Fox. Max is trolling Knicks fans, for this dude to actually react to it... I mean... I dunno man... That's like Lebron reacting to trolls all the time. Max is going to keep bashing the Knicks no matter what, well... unless Dolan sells the team. That's what Max Kellerman said anyway.

BOROSUN
07-03-2019, 08:08 PM
funny thing is this has nothing to do with dolan. This is all mills & perry and probably coach fiz.

these moves are not like the old knicks management.

old management would have gotten kemba walker/cousins/butler/horford etc. blow the cap space for any additional role players and kill off any flexability for any future moves.

BOROSUN
07-04-2019, 11:06 AM
waiting.....

NXNDv22L0B8

Riq
07-06-2019, 12:08 AM
Kawhi with a huge middle finger to Lebron is headed to the Clippers. Wow that is a pretty big F U. Oh well at least I don't have to see frontrunner Drake talking shit courtside at Heat games. Now he's going back to repping his KD and Steph tattoos lmfao!

He also pulled a Lebron and set things up in the background when he was "thinking really hard" to get OKC to trade PG13 to the Clippers. Damn dude played everyone of those "experts" that said his best choice was the Lakers. Kawhi is just as coldblooded as Lebron is when he leaves a franchise. GG Kawhi

BOROSUN
07-06-2019, 01:11 AM
Pg13 and kahwi ....how's that gonna work?

Riq
07-06-2019, 01:13 AM
Lock down D is how it works, you also have Pat Beverly. That team is going to be a nightmare in the playoffs

I can hear Pat Riley now working the phones with OKC trying to get Russ.

Lakers just paid Danny Green $15M per... hmm feels alittle overpaid plus they need to fill out that roster and only have $11M left. Interesting turn of events

BOROSUN
07-06-2019, 11:22 PM
knicks stay away from russ!!

anyways this my sleeper pick
eXx0Q1Q0Txw

BOROSUN
07-07-2019, 09:40 PM
damn we can't win. lol.

RJ is playing like a bust. i'll give a pass for now.

Riq
07-07-2019, 10:42 PM
It's still summer league Fiz is a great coach. He should be able to develop him. He did it with Josh Richardson.

Very happy with Tyler Herro, the kid is ballin out.

lewisfk
07-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Max K. was 100% right with what he said. The Knicks screwed up when they didn't build around Carmelo. The Knick's biggest problem are the draft picks who under-performed.

BOROSUN
07-08-2019, 11:53 PM
Max K. was 100% right with what he said. The Knicks screwed up when they didn't build around Carmelo. The Knick's biggest problem are the draft picks who under-performed.

what are you talking about....its not just the knicks. its the whole nba. greg oden, anthony bennett, darko..etc. were all bust.

we picked up a 2nd rounder iggy. the kid got a motor and just scored 30pts. last year picks were also great talents. franky and RJ has been under performing. but they're still young and maybe needs a bit more time to develope.

Phlip
07-12-2019, 05:57 PM
Max K. was 100% right with what he said. The Knicks screwed up when they didn't build around Carmelo.

You're joking right?
Carmelo was an offensive black hole with a contract that made him hard to build around, all while having a hilarious disinterest in defense.

Riq
07-23-2019, 03:59 PM
You're joking right?
Carmelo was an offensive black hole with a contract that made him hard to build around, all while having a hilarious disinterest in defense.

QFT some people use revisionist history when they look back at the failed Carmelo project. Had the Knicks waited a few months, they would have Melo and that strong core they sent to Denver to get him in the first place. Dolan also did the dumbest thing ever and payed A'mare all that money when his knees were shot. There are 100 reasons why the Melo thing didn't work out. To say that the Knicks didn't try to build around him is wrong in every way. They tried... but no one wants to play for a Dolan run franchise.

lewisfk
07-23-2019, 06:44 PM
Thank You Riq, these guys are lost. The Knicks are done, jump on the Nets bandwagon!

I don't have a favorite basket ball team, I like great defensive games! I like team ball, not hero ball!

gbaby2089
07-24-2019, 08:21 AM
Go Bucks.

They can only get better.

Except they got considerably worse this off-season.

Middleton is meh. Brogdon was the second best/second most important player on the roster. Re-signing Bledsoe & Middleton killed this team's bright future.

And then the Lopez deal. :picardfp::picardfp::picardfp:

Here's hoping 2019-20 comes to be known as the season Anfernee Simons arrived.

FrankyDub23
08-06-2019, 01:31 AM
Do you guys think Melo will fit in with the Lakers if ever LBJ invited him to come?

I want my Lakers to get Nik Stauskas and Kenneth Faried just to solidify the bench.

gbaby2089
08-13-2019, 08:02 AM
No, they don't need guys who can't shoot or defend.

gbaby2089
08-13-2019, 08:11 AM
I'd prefer they sign a guy like Joakhim Noah to give them energy minutes at the 5 off the bench. 15 minutes a game with him playing something resembling elite defense (which he did in Memphis last year) and being a solid lob threat would be great for the veteran minimum.

BOROSUN
08-13-2019, 06:02 PM
sign noah. lol what?

gbaby2089
08-13-2019, 09:11 PM
Did you see him with the Grizzlies last year? It seems like the fall out with the Knicks humbled him.

MikeisNissan
02-06-2020, 09:19 PM
Can anyone tell me why James harden is wearing Ai’s lol I just think that’s so random lol

exitspeed
02-07-2020, 10:40 AM
Except they got considerably worse this off-season.

Middleton is meh. Brogdon was the second best/second most important player on the roster. Re-signing Bledsoe & Middleton killed this team's bright future.

And then the Lopez deal. :picardfp::picardfp::picardfp:

Here's hoping 2019-20 comes to be known as the season Anfernee Simons arrived.

Hmmmmm, you were saying?

It’s not even debatable that they are the best team in the league and Giannis is on his way to his second straight MVP. The Bucks D is ridiculous. They’ve barely even been contested.

MikeisNissan
02-10-2020, 02:12 PM
Actually didn’t know adidas owned Reebok.

exitspeed
02-11-2020, 05:25 AM
Not only did the Bucks get better, they got significantly better. Giannis was our last night because his first son was born and they were barely contested. They’re 5-0 when Giannis has been out.

ZenkiKid
02-18-2020, 09:56 AM
Actually didn’t know adidas owned Reebok.

Yup. They also own Taylormade and Runtastic. They also used to own Rockport because it came along with the Reebok acquisition but sold it to new balance.

Nike owns Hurley, converse, Cole Haan, and UMBRO

Random facts:

Adidas wasnt the first company to develop BOOST technology for use in shoes. Theyre just the first to release it. PUMA was the first company to start fucking around with ETPU (what boost really is) with the intention of using it in shoes.

Lebron almost signed with adidas and they already had a signature shoe ready for him but they retracted their initial offer in favor of a lower paying one. He ended up signing with Nike and the rest was history.

Phlip
04-12-2020, 05:53 PM
I'm losing my shit without basketball

exitspeed
04-13-2020, 05:38 AM
So basically, the Bucks win and Giannis the the MVP.

gbaby2089
04-13-2020, 12:25 PM
Hmmmmm, you were saying?

It’s not even debatable that they are the best team in the league and Giannis is on his way to his second straight MVP. The Bucks D is ridiculous. They’ve barely even been contested.

I was wrong on this one.

I'd 10000000x rather have had Brogdon than Bledsoe, but Middleton is better than I think anyone really realized.

I wish the season hadn't ended, if for nothing else than Lebron taking the MVP from Giannis & winning a championship with a third team.

Dutchmalmiss
04-14-2020, 12:36 PM
Season resume postponed till at least July.

I just wanna see a Lakers Bucks Finals already.

Since it'll basically be 4 months until potentially playing again, you think they'll do something like a 1 week "preseason" prior to resuming? Everybody's rusty at this point.

Phlip
08-09-2020, 08:17 PM
This is among the strangest basketball I have seen in my life

Alex Mcknz
08-09-2020, 08:24 PM
Currently watching the match between Nets and Clippers.

exitspeed
08-10-2020, 11:06 AM
The fans on the screens in the stands crack me up.

Even though this will be a year with an asterisk next to it I still want Giannis to get MVP and a championship.

Dutchmalmiss
08-24-2020, 09:50 AM
Seeing some fun basketball in this first round of Playoffs.

Utah/Denver balling it out

TOR scored 150 in regulation?? I didn't watch that game, but wtf!

Portland giving Lakers a nice little run for their money. Don't see the Lakers losing 4 times to them though. Green and KCP are so cold in this series so far. NEED MOAR THREES!

Nice to see Clippers struggling again, because fuck the Clippers. Luka is something special.

I want to see a Bucks/Celtics ECF because those two match-up best against the Lakers.

S14rebuild
08-25-2020, 02:05 PM
anyone but the lakers to win it all would be nice

Phlip
08-25-2020, 02:17 PM
Portland giving Lakers a nice little run for their money. Don't see the Lakers losing 4 times to them though. Green and KCP are so cold in this series so far. NEED MOAR THREES!
Portland gave the Lakers a run for a game, then reality apparently returned to the building. Especially last night

exitspeed
08-26-2020, 06:34 AM
Giannis wins DPOTY. MVP and the Championship next.

Phlip
08-26-2020, 08:39 PM
Interesting to see what the developments of today will do for the rest of the playoffs.

S14rebuild
08-27-2020, 02:31 PM
So nice to see lebron james, one of the richest black americans, stand up to racism in america! Lmfao..now thats halirous

afishysilvia
08-27-2020, 03:02 PM
Being a diehard laker fan, I’m to the point with this shit let
The clippers and lakers sit their ass out and let’s finish the season without them. It’s ridiculous at this point. Cracks me up when people talk about educated athletes and how they’re so smart to take a stand. Uh..most of these dudes didn’t even go to college, and probably had others doing their homework (with a rare exception of some I will say).

S14rebuild
08-27-2020, 03:10 PM
Being a diehard laker fan, I?m to the point with this shit let
The clippers and lakers sit their ass out and let?s finish the season without them. It?s ridiculous at this point. Cracks me up when people talk about educated athletes and how they?re so smart to take a stand. Uh..most of these dudes didn?t even go to college, and probably had others doing their homework (with a rare exception of some I will say).

Lebron and other popular faces of the nba, dont care.....it more effects other players on the team, ones that are are 1 yr contrracts. Make it or break it years.... this is where it hurts.

After all this protest in sports, jersey names, owners spending millions..what has it done? Nothing! No reform, no new laws nothing. Leave the politics out of sports!!! Nba is all time low for viewers(when people were begging for sports to come back) wonder why?!

Atleast the nhl is still going!

Edit...nvm nhl canceled 2 games today too..smh

Phlip
08-28-2020, 05:41 AM
So nice to see lebron james, one of the richest black americans, stand up to racism in america! Lmfao..now thats halirous

Loud Noises exists for this kind of shit

S14rebuild
08-28-2020, 07:30 AM
Loud Noises exists for this kind of shit

Thanks for the neg rep boss! Lmao

Last time i checked lebron is an nba superstar. And this is the nba thread..... and didnt the nba pause play due to social issuses....philp tell lebron to just play basketball...no politics in the NBA

Phlip
08-28-2020, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the neg rep boss! Lmao

The first deleted post apparently wasn't enough of a warning.

S14rebuild
08-28-2020, 07:52 AM
No warnings anywhere eles given in the thread either.... great u follow suit with everyone.....

Phlip
08-29-2020, 11:06 PM
Bucks and Lakers finish business...

Giannis is his own brand of a monster out there.

Phlip
09-01-2020, 10:29 AM
It seems that small ball is the hill that Houston insists they will die upon.

exitspeed
09-01-2020, 12:32 PM
Bucks started off ballin the first quarter and slowly fell apart the rest of the game. That last quarter was pretty rough. They’ll regroup.

e30gangsta
09-01-2020, 09:07 PM
Heat bringing that trophy home!

Phlip
09-03-2020, 04:53 AM
Milwaukee is not playing like the best team in their conference.
Or Miami is doing a bangup job of punching above their weight class.

Dutchmalmiss
09-03-2020, 07:59 AM
Yeah from the looks of it, that could be a 7-game series. Miami's role players are all effectively doing their roles.

The two game 7's in the past couple of days were more defense-driven aka more fun to watch. LAL vs HOU would be a more fun to watch match-up anyways.

LAC vs DEN also might be a fun series to watch.

Phlip
09-03-2020, 08:23 AM
If Houston is willing to live and die with small ball, LeBron and AD will both average 30+ point double doubles in this series

Dutchmalmiss
09-03-2020, 09:31 AM
If Houston is willing to live and die with small ball, LeBron and AD will both average 30+ point double doubles in this series

Yeah I'm calling lakers in 5 on that one.

Clips in 7 (could be way off on this one, i actually don't know how these two match up)

Celtics in 6

Bucks in 7

Phlip
09-04-2020, 07:08 PM
Look, if the Bucks didn't wanna win, all they had to do was say that

exitspeed
09-04-2020, 08:23 PM
Honestly they look like a different team. Their heads don’t seem in it.

Phlip
09-04-2020, 09:26 PM
Damn
If the Lakers didn't want to win a championship, all they had to do was say that

SimpleS14
09-06-2020, 08:27 AM
Time for Giannis to leave Milwaukee? I'm thinking he'll go to Toronto.

Phlip
09-07-2020, 11:06 AM
So the Lakers figured out that they are the Lakers and the Bucks needed a miracle to live another day.

exitspeed
09-08-2020, 11:22 AM
Time for Giannis to leave Milwaukee? I'm thinking he'll go to Toronto.

Fucking better not. All this damn money these owners and city put into this trash franchise because of him.

Phlip
09-08-2020, 11:36 AM
Fucking better not. All this damn money these owners and city put into this trash franchise because of him.

Times have changed... Y'all better get ready for the jersey burning parties.
Blame the franchise though. Jason Kidd shouldn't have been let go and "Giannis or bust" should not have been the game plan.

exitspeed
09-08-2020, 07:47 PM
Well that sucked.

Go Pack Go.

Phlip
09-09-2020, 05:53 AM
I went to sleep at halftime. LeBron had 29 and "only" finished with 36?

Dutchmalmiss
09-09-2020, 08:11 AM
AD took over offensively and Rondo somehow became a 3-pt shooter. Lebron played D because no one else was. Big win. Last night's game was Houston's "give it everything we've got" game.

Phlip
09-10-2020, 12:26 PM
It seems Boston has positioned themselves directly on the precipice of embarrassing themselves.

OliverCarrie
09-15-2020, 04:09 AM
Man, I'm still rooting for the Celtics to win this year, Denver at close second.

Phlip
09-15-2020, 04:50 AM
One thing is for certain, Boston will not be able to play down to Miami. The Hear are either playing like they have nothing to lose or Milwaukee was never what they were crowned as.

afishysilvia
09-15-2020, 10:39 PM
Ahahaha fuck the Clippers. Let’s go lake show! As much as I’m glad the Clippers lost, they would have been an easier opponent for the lakers in the WCF. However, the nuggets will
Be fun to see jokic and Davis.

OliverCarrie
09-16-2020, 02:24 AM
Man, Jokic vs Davis. That's what I call battle of the titans!

Phlip
09-16-2020, 04:23 AM
Damn
The Clippers spent all that money just to wind up still being the Clippers in the end.

Dutchmalmiss
09-16-2020, 08:53 AM
Damn big respect to Murray after witnessing this playoff run by Denver. That Clippers is real though I love it hahahaha.

Lakers in 5 though.

Goofs
09-16-2020, 09:48 AM
The 07-08 Nuggets were the team that really got me into the NBA
Hoping they can get some redemption for the 2009 matchup

Jokic is a superstar, love to see a center dominating like that

Phlip
09-17-2020, 06:53 PM
If the Celtics mess around and blow this game you can stick a fork in them.

S14rebuild
09-17-2020, 07:39 PM
Heat up 2-0.....

afishysilvia
09-17-2020, 08:39 PM
The 07-08 Nuggets were the team that really got me into the NBA
Hoping they can get some redemption for the 2009 matchup

Jokic is a superstar, love to see a center dominating like that

Davis is going to have the better performance I think. We play better d on the perimeter than clippers did. He won?t have as many uncontested 3?s as he did the last two series.

Goofs
09-18-2020, 12:00 PM
Davis is going to have the better performance I think.

Probably true, I went on Basketball Reference and saw AD averages 29ppg against Jokic in his career

Pretty sure he dropped 50 on them not too long ago too. Nuggets deserve to be there though, I'm hoping for a good series. I'd also love to see JR get some run in this series, he played in the 09 one!

Phlip
09-19-2020, 03:08 AM
The Nuggets were clearly outplayed last night. I don't see this lasting long at this rate

exitspeed
09-19-2020, 06:13 AM
So lover lining, 2 time Giannis MVP.

Phlip
09-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Don't y'all see it?
The best story remaining in this playoffs is the Heat vs the Lakers?

You have a former LeBron team against the current one.

And yes, Bam Adebayo did his high school ball right here in the county I currently live in. Like to the point where he is friends with my stepdaughter through AAU ball.

afishysilvia
09-19-2020, 07:02 PM
You sir have an opinion there...I don’t see much battle. Lakers all day if we get the heat. JB is good along with Drajic but no one has depth like LA right now.

Phlip
09-20-2020, 08:49 AM
Then there is the redemption story for the Lakers after Kobe Bryant.

Look at what happens to cities soon after tragedies. The Red Sox won it all after the bombing at the Marathon, then the Patriots did the following. Vegas Golden Knights damn near took it to the house in (their first season!) following the shooting out there. The Saints FINALLY became a non-joke of a franchise right after Katrina.
I'm bullshitting, lol.
As a Lakers fan, I will take it

Phlip
09-20-2020, 08:21 PM
I think the Lakers just removed the Nuggets soul with that one

Goofs
09-21-2020, 08:15 AM

Hopefully not...
Was rooting for the Jokic comeback last night, really thought after Caruso bricked it and Murray got the block the game was over

afishysilvia
09-21-2020, 09:53 AM

Man what a game!!!! The nuggets are tough and vigorous. However, no one should ever disrespect or underestimate THE BROW!!!!

Phlip
09-25-2020, 07:21 AM
Looks like we getting a Heat and Lakers finals
I am not a gambler, but I would damn near bet money that there is no way in hell the Nuggets are winning three games before the Lakers win one. Same applies to the Celtics coming back from 3-1.

Goofs
09-25-2020, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure if the Nuggets have any down 1-3 Meme Energy left. Hoping they do

That Jamal Murray layup was bonkers, on LeBron too

afishysilvia
09-25-2020, 09:17 AM
Biggest disappointment of the east is the Celtics.

Nuggets may win another, but not three.

Dutchmalmiss
09-25-2020, 10:19 AM
Yeah was really pushing for a LAL vs BOS finals match up. But Brad Stevens is getting outcoached. Kuzma needs to not play a single minute in the next game.

Nonetheless, Lakers should win game 5, then beat the Heat in 5 as well.

S14rebuild
09-26-2020, 06:52 AM
Doesnt matter...lakers will be champs. Was set that way from day 1 of the season.

Phlip
09-26-2020, 07:06 AM
Actually, everyone crowned the Clippers when they made their moves and even up until they were all over the Nuggets.
The Clippers, as an organization, are fucking cursed.

afishysilvia
09-26-2020, 09:36 PM
Fuck yes we’re back in the finals baby!!!! Let’s go lake show!!!

Phlip
09-27-2020, 08:06 PM
Lakers and the Heat in the finals

S14rebuild
09-27-2020, 08:35 PM
We would all like to congratulate the 2020-2021 lakers as your nba champions.

afishysilvia
10-02-2020, 09:35 PM
Fuck yes!!! Lakers!!!!

Also wtf zilvia, how do we go about buying this site and running it better so it doesn’t die?

Dutchmalmiss
10-02-2020, 10:31 PM
Fuck yes Lakers. Game 3, Frank should just start the bench to make it interesting.

As for the site outage, seriously. Is it just upkeep that's not being done? Not enough premie accounts?

Phlip
10-03-2020, 09:29 PM
As a Lakers fan, I really thought this would be a gentlemen's sweep.
Miami didn't even get game one. This is looking more like it will be a conventional sweep.
And considering that the new season would NORMALLY be starting in about a month, I don't know how I feel about that

S14rebuild
10-04-2020, 05:29 PM
Wonder who lebrons gonna dedicate the championship too? Hmmm

Phlip
10-04-2020, 06:33 PM
Wonder who lebrons gonna dedicate the championship too? Hmmm

Has he "dedicated" any of the previous ones (other than the Cleveland one) to anyone?

Phlip
10-04-2020, 06:54 PM
The Lakers are oddly close in this game, for a team who has spent the entire first half beating themselves.

Goofs
10-05-2020, 09:37 AM
Great game last night, let's hope that's not the only one in this series

Dutchmalmiss
10-05-2020, 09:42 AM
Butler had an amazing night last night.

Lakers' only adjustment is to box the fuck out for Game 4. Too many turnovers as well. Hope Vogel is showing them looped video of that "snarl" thing that Herro did over and over again. Not worried though. Not often you see a game where AD scores less points than Kuzma.

Phlip
10-07-2020, 05:18 AM
So what do you folks think, is this over on Friday or not?

Dutchmalmiss
10-07-2020, 07:48 AM

I think it's over by Friday. Even if they have Dragic come back.

afishysilvia
10-07-2020, 08:37 AM

I think so, Friday they?ll have more rest. Davis has been off, but man he?s making up for it with defense and being all over the paint.

Whether lakers win in 5 or 7, Davis will get finals MVP for sure. Sorry bron bron

Dutchmalmiss
10-07-2020, 08:58 AM
Davis will get finals MVP for sure. Sorry bron bron

I think it's still up for debate. You got a both-ends-of-the floor player regardless of size in AD, and a year 17 player still capable of 30pt triple-doubles in Bron.

Given the scenario that the Lakers win a chip, got a few questions:
- Who can we deal Green for? We're not getting our money's worth when it matters
- Do you re-sign Dwight? or sign Cousins? or both?

Phlip
10-07-2020, 11:49 AM
I think it's still up for debate. You got a both-ends-of-the floor player regardless of size in AD, and a year 17 player still capable of 30pt triple-doubles in Bron.

Given the scenario that the Lakers win a chip, got a few questions:
- Who can we deal Green for? We're not getting our money's worth when it matters
- Do you re-sign Dwight? or sign Cousins? or both?

Re-sign Dwight for what he is worth, and re-sign cousins for vet minimum or MLE on a one-year feeler contract to see if he can be back to normal.

Goofs
10-08-2020, 07:36 AM
It's over Friday, and LeBron takes the Finals MVP is my bet

Phlip
10-08-2020, 09:09 AM
It's over Friday, and LeBron takes the Finals MVP is my bet

LeBron will have to have one of those monster 35+ triple doubles in the closeout game tomorrow. If he and AD are close in stats and they win it, AD is getting it.

S14rebuild
10-10-2020, 03:28 PM
Dam lebron and davis...disrespected the black mamba jersy with that loss.....

afishysilvia
10-10-2020, 03:33 PM
I have to give credit to jimmy B and the heat. They’re definitely out playing LA. They want it far more and it shows. I’m a die hard Laker fan, and that shot by Danny Green was hard to watch. I hope we get it together soon, I don’t think bron will live with losing 3 straight no way.

exitspeed
10-10-2020, 10:46 PM
Jimmy B went to my HS. Pretty dope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phlip
10-11-2020, 06:28 PM
Something we forgot to notice when he played behind three hall of fame players and whole he pretended to be shitty for a better situation is that Rajon Rondo is a REALLY good point guard

S14rebuild
10-11-2020, 07:25 PM
Miami didnt bother shown up tonight

Phlip
10-11-2020, 07:48 PM
LeBron has a triple double and no turnovers.
Miami never had a chance

afishysilvia
10-11-2020, 09:19 PM
Love it, finally. Welcome back LOB

Dutchmalmiss
10-11-2020, 10:07 PM
Damn. Congrats Lakers. We winning #18 next year or what???

afishysilvia
10-11-2020, 10:34 PM
Golden state will be back, but I’d say we add a few pieces and get rid of a few and we could definitely be contenders. This year is for Kobe and Davis. Yea Lebron got us there but we already know that’s what he’s about. I’m impressed with Rondo the most, I hated him when he was a Celtic but man he’s a damn good point guard.

Phlip
10-12-2020, 05:56 AM
Lost in all of this is that Klay and Steph will be back next year, along with a VERY good draft pick, and a free agent or two who are also aware of that.

S14rebuild
10-12-2020, 01:25 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/10/12/lebron-james-and-anthony-davis-dedicate-la-lakers-nba-title-win-to-kobe-bryant-13406605/amp/

HERES FOR THE NEG REPPING IN THIS THREAD!

WAS Probably KING PHILIP THOUGH....

Phlip
10-13-2020, 07:30 AM
I don't know what anyone was doing to miss it, but apparently the draft lottery was in August and the draft will be taking place on Friday?
No rules have been laid for how to handle free agency or next year's schedule. If the chaos currently ravaging the NFL that was missed by the NBA and NHL is any indicator, I imagine the NBA will have something workable in place sometime soon.
This thread dies on Friday, or whenever I log back in after Friday.

SimpleS14
10-15-2020, 06:56 AM
LaMelo Ball is a top 3 draft pick :hide:

Phlip
10-15-2020, 07:33 AM
LaMelo Ball is a top 3 draft pick :hide:

From what I have read and seen, he should be.
I just hope for his sake that his father doesn't fuck it up for him

S14rebuild
10-16-2020, 04:29 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-commissioner-adam-silver-says-social-justice-messages-largely-left-delivered-off-floor-next-season

Oh noooooooo

Phlip
10-18-2020, 06:49 PM
The link I read was early and wrong. The draft is November 18th. This thread will give way to the 20/21 one then

afishysilvia
10-18-2020, 07:17 PM
I’ve met the younger two ball brothers, they’re both douche bags as you would assume. They come to my gym in chino hills and ball out don’t get me wrong, but they’re clowns.