PDA

View Full Version : 240sx rust repair

Waggzz
05-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Hey guys new to the forum and I have 240 with lots of rust and I’m wanting to eventually put in ls in it. I have fallen in love with the car but someone has ruined with spray foam and welding floor patches with no gas. I have the skill to fix it and not really the extra money to go buy a clean rolling 240. So I’m really just looking for advise from some of the more experienced 240 guys on steps to go about my repairs and tips for doing them. Or if the car is even worth the trouble? Again I’m in love with the car and would like to get it sitting pretty again! Thanks in advance!

brndck
05-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Hey guys new to the forum and I have 240 with lots of rust and I’m wanting to eventually put in ls in it. I have fallen in love with the car but someone has ruined with spray foam and welding floor patches with no gas. I have the skill to fix it and not really the extra money to go buy a clean rolling 240. So I’m really just looking for advise from some of the more experienced 240 guys on steps to go about my repairs and tips for doing them. Or if the car is even worth the trouble? Again I’m in love with the car and would like to get it sitting pretty again! Thanks in advance!
if you have the skill and the time, what exactly do you need OUR advice for?

my opinion is, there are still more than enough CLEAN shells floating around that you won't need to spend a month fixing rust just to save one from the junkyard.

if you want actual reasonable valuable advice, you need to provide us with actual photos of the extent of the rust. one man's idea of "some rust" is another mans idea of "this is trash"

jumpman2334
05-13-2019, 05:40 PM
has 'skills' to fix it, asks for zilvia's help, doesnt include any pictures.

also cant afford a shell, but has a planned LS swap down the line. #priorities

Thursday7
06-03-2019, 07:15 PM
if you have the skill and the time, what exactly do you need OUR advice for?

my opinion is, there are still more than enough CLEAN shells floating around that you won't need to spend a month fixing rust just to save one from the junkyard.

if you want actual reasonable valuable advice, you need to provide us with actual photos of the extent of the rust. one man's idea of "some rust" is another mans idea of "this is trash"

While I agree with your notion, I wouldn't necessarily say there are "more than enough" floating around. Also fixing a very cancer ridden car in a month would be super impressive.

Kingtal0n
06-03-2019, 08:55 PM
pics
year
pics of everything

then we say what do

SupaDoopa
06-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Wouldn't expect anything less from a 2019'er from a corn field. Google must be blocked on his computer.