PDA

View Full Version : How my GLI being sideswiped 3 times!!! Turned into an app

silvia13t14
05-01-2019, 11:35 AM
It was like yesterday when I purchased my 2013 Tornado red Autobahn GLI. Brand spanking new from LIC VW in Queens,NY. There is nothing compared to the feeling of buying a new car. I had a 92 MK2 Jetta GL with GLI accessories in the past. Dropped on raceland coils and a straight pipe ( Yea I thought I was 😎 ) But owning a new GLI was dramatically different ( because it was boosted obviously). So I park in a nice residential neighborhood to take the train to Manhattan. In 2016, after a long day of work, I walked to the GLI driver side fender sideswiped. WTF!!! It felt like someone hurt a loved one. My first thoughts were, Did someone see something??? Look around, of course no one. When most of the residents are always home in that area. I paid out of pocket to get it fixed. I didn't want my insurance rates to increase. One year later parked in the middle of the block, driver side fender + door pushed in. (F**K that) I’m putting this through insurance. When going through collision coverage, the deductible cost me $1000 bucks. Call it bad luck, but it happens again in 2017. But this time they left a note. Finally an honest person in this world!!!

It was the owner of the house across the street. I was parked directly parked across a driveway. Don’t ever park across from a driveway. I thought to myself what if someone saw something. How can they let me know? Thousands of people own a Tornado red GLI. But I am the only one with my license plate. BINGO!!! Create an app where you can register with your license plate to receive reports. Pazi (which means lookout in Croatian) was born in 2019. I gave up my full-time career as an Art director to solve this problem. Why should we pay for damages that other drivers cause. We should be able to keep an eye on our cars when we are not around. Pazi is a community based reporting app where you can receive alerts about sideswipes, vandalism, headlights on, flat tires and vehicle stolen. I believe if you look out for someone else, someone will look out for you.

Thanks for reading,
Justin

Learn more
http://www.paziapp.com

DALAZ_68
05-01-2019, 12:27 PM
It was like yesterday when I purchased my 2013 Tornado red Autobahn GLI. Brand spanking new from LIC VW in Queens,NY. There is nothing compared to the feeling of buying a new car. I had a 92 MK2 Jetta GL with GLI accessories in the past. Dropped on raceland coils and a straight pipe ( Yea I thought I was 😎 ) But owning a new GLI was dramatically different ( because it was boosted obviously). So I park in a nice residential neighborhood to take the train to Manhattan. In 2016, after a long day of work, I walked to the GLI driver side fender sideswiped. WTF!!! It felt like someone hurt a loved one. My first thoughts were, Did someone see something??? Look around, of course no one. When most of the residents are always home in that area. I paid out of pocket to get it fixed. I didn't want my insurance rates to increase. One year later parked in the middle of the block, driver side fender + door pushed in. (F**K that) I’m putting this through insurance. When going through collision coverage, the deductible cost me $1000 bucks. Call it bad luck, but it happens again in 2017. But this time they left a note. Finally an honest person in this world!!!

It was the owner of the house across the street. I was parked directly parked across a driveway. Don’t ever park across from a driveway. I thought to myself what if someone saw something. How can they let me know? Thousands of people own a Tornado red GLI. But I am the only one with my license plate. BINGO!!! Create an app where you can register with your license plate to receive reports. Pazi (which means lookout in Croatian) was born in 2019. I gave up my full-time career as an Art director to solve this problem. Why should we pay for damages that other drivers cause. We should be able to keep an eye on our cars when we are not around. Pazi is a community based reporting app where you can receive alerts about sideswipes, vandalism, headlights on, flat tires and vehicle stolen. I believe if you look out for someone else, someone will look out for you.

Thanks for reading,
Justin

Learn more
http://www.paziapp.com

great idea. does it allow for pictures/ video?

silvia13t14
05-01-2019, 12:36 PM
great idea. does it allow for pictures/ video?

Yes it does! Download it in the apple app store!

jumpman2334
05-01-2019, 12:48 PM
i understand wanting a nice car. but you shouldn't be parking something equivalent to a 'loved one' in busy cities. it will eventually get dinged, stolen, or fucked with. this is the world we live in, people are the lowest of the low.

buy a beater car that you dont care if it gets dings or stolen. fun cars are for the weekend or any other time i feel like it.

finally, i think your app would work in a perfect world. if im understanding what you are trying to convey, its a great concept, but everyone would have to use it to make it effective as possible. 5 people in a neighborhood arent going to see everything, although its better than nothing i suppose.
How can they let me know?
a piece of paper and a pen.

DALAZ_68
05-01-2019, 01:01 PM
Yes it does! Download it in the apple app store!

BOO... droid user. lol

silvia13t14
05-01-2019, 01:14 PM
BOO... droid user. lol

Sorry!! We are working on this!

DALAZ_68
05-01-2019, 04:20 PM
i understand wanting a nice car. but you shouldn't be parking something equivalent to a 'loved one' in busy cities. it will eventually get dinged, stolen, or fucked with. this is the world we live in, people are the lowest of the low.

buy a beater car that you dont care if it gets dings or stolen. fun cars are for the weekend or any other time i feel like it.

finally, i think your app would work in a perfect world. if im understanding what you are trying to convey, its a great concept, but everyone would have to use it to make it effective as possible. 5 people in a neighborhood arent going to see everything, although its better than nothing i suppose.

a piece of paper and a pen.

the man bought something he is proud of. not all of us can afford 2 cars let alone in condense city area.

stop trying to put him down for at least trying to do something of a very common issue.

I cant tell you how many times something like this could have been useful to a friend or even stranger.

keep going OP. at least try to be part of the solution.

jumpman2334
05-02-2019, 10:18 AM
while it may seem like it, im not trying to put him down. im just merely stating what i see frequently here on the west, im sure where he is at is much worse. take what you will of it.

i got a huge door ding on my black CC from a white car last month. now it looks my door got in a fight with a bottle of white out and lost. i was mad for a couple of days and then i realized why i bought this car, for shit like that and so my lexus can sit in the garage away from the meth heads that occupy my bus stop during the day while im gone at work. i had a cat cut out of my tuck last year as well at a (commuter) bus stop. as previously stated, people are the lowest of low; i cannot stress this enough.

with that being said, OP how do you plan to advertise to get the word out? any social media advertising? i would download it and utilize it, although i live in a rural area so i doubt others would use it or see any of my 'updates' because they likely would not know about it (my one and only concern about this app).

if you have plans for physical advertising and have a small flyer, let me know. i can put them up on all of the bus stops in my area.

collegekid
05-02-2019, 10:39 AM
I remember another app on here that a member was talking about developing. It was kind of like a google maps except for slammed cars. You could basically plan out a route that would “avoid potholes”.

Once again it depended on the community as a whole participating for it to be successful.

OP, this sounds good. I would contact local police departments to see if they would want to get involved.

Another thing you might want to look into is installing cameras in your car, if this is such a serious problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvia13t14
05-02-2019, 10:44 PM
while it may seem like it, im not trying to put him down. im just merely stating what i see frequently here on the west, im sure where he is at is much worse. take what you will of it.

i got a huge door ding on my black CC from a white car last month. now it looks my door got in a fight with a bottle of white out and lost. i was mad for a couple of days and then i realized why i bought this car, for shit like that and so my lexus can sit in the garage away from the meth heads that occupy my bus stop during the day while im gone at work. i had a cat cut out of my tuck last year as well at a (commuter) bus stop. as previously stated, people are the lowest of low; i cannot stress this enough.

with that being said, OP how do you plan to advertise to get the word out? any social media advertising? i would download it and utilize it, although i live in a rural area so i doubt others would use it or see any of my 'updates' because they likely would not know about it (my one and only concern about this app).

if you have plans for physical advertising and have a small flyer, let me know. i can put them up on all of the bus stops in my area.

Thanks for the feedback! As for now we will be marketing through social media. We are also trying to get featured news websites and radio. I will definitely reach if we decide to advertise through print. Thank you!

jumpman2334
05-03-2019, 09:10 AM
cool. ill keep an eye on this thread.

silvia13t14
05-25-2019, 07:09 AM
Follow me:

www.facebook.com/pazicarsafety

Instagram: @pazicarsafety
Twitter: @pazicarsafety