PDA

View Full Version : s13 hatch alternate one goes up one goes down

s13marine
04-10-2019, 07:42 AM
here is my issue when i use the headlight button next to the wheel my headlights keep alternating the left will be up and the right down. they will also alternate when i flash my brights. the headlight switch does nothing which is probably just the stalk switch which i haven't cleaned yet but i plan to once i get the motors on the same page. any help would be appreciated ive read about 40 forum threads not one can i find where the pop up button operates headlights fine but just opposite each other.

jedi03
04-11-2019, 10:32 AM
its been a while since i had this issue...iirc i manually opened the closed one and it fixed it...

brndck
04-11-2019, 10:49 AM
have you tried turning if off then on again???

seriously tho i would agree with what jedi said. turn the headlight motor adjuster, eventually it will "reset" and go full up, full down, then see if they still do the dumb shit.

s13marine
04-12-2019, 03:10 PM
tried moving it to the same position when i turn the car back on it just goes back down. when i move it with the car on it will either fight against me or when i reach a certain point it cycles all the way through. ive metered all of the pins on the motor connectors and made a temp fix that slaves the motors together i just connected the pin that gets 12 volts when the motor is down on the headlight that isnt working correctly to the up pin on the working motor and did the same thing with the other pin for the opposite position. i would like to return to normal eventually but still havent figured out what is actually causing the issue