PDA

View Full Version : trade in so cal, my FC for your s14

doh boy
11-13-2004, 03:45 AM
ok... heres a description of my car...

well, when the rain storms hit us (so cal) my car was parked at a particularly low area in the street, and water got in about 2-3 inches in the interior, when i tried to start the car the ecu fried (everything else was untouched).

although while i went to school in riverside (my parents live in garden grove) the car sat at my parents house, and somehow something shorted out, and the harness started melting, it wasn't quite a fire because luckily my dad was able to put it out early. i don't have reason to believe it would be hard to get the car running, but right now, i'm too busy with school and work to deal with the car, and im going to drive my other car until i can get back into a sports car.

the car before this was running perfect, i have a walboro 255lph fuel pump, HKS f-con, HKS electronic boost controller, racing beat down pipe and cat-back, its lowered on tokico adjustable shocks on eibach springs, about 4 months before this i had brand new tires put on the car, dunlop fm901's. oh and i have a vido boost gauge mounted on the windsheild near the a-pillar. i do have to admit i did the occasional street light to street light drag race, and ive beat s2000's and hung with 350z's so the car was running spectacular.

about the condition of the rest of the car, i did dry out the interior the day after the flooding, though it still has a smell in it, its nothing that a good cleaning wont get rid of, i had a crack on the windshield so i just recently replaced the windshield, the hood has a few paint chips here and there, but that is typical. i washed the car every other week, and it was waxed on a monthly basis, the paint is in great condition for the age of the car, the interior has almost no flaws except the common wearing on the driverside seat (no rips) there are no cracks on the plastic parts, not even on the brittle deminister grills, and radio surround. the common worn shifter bushings were replaced 2 months prior to this, and the tranny shifts smooth, the stock clutch LSD was rebuild 25k miles ago.

i used this car only while i was in garden grove at my parents house on the weekends, during the week at school i drove my sc400, that was my daily driver and the rx-7 was my fun weekend car.

*the motor is not blown, from what i can see from inspecting the car, it needs a new harness, ecu, spark plugs, coil packs probably, plug wires woulnt hurt, but i did recently replace them. might need more or less i dont really know. as of now, the car still makes good compression numbers, 120 is perfect compression, right now the car has numbers all over 100, with the front rotor being slightly weaker, the compression numbers from before the flood and after and not different.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/seeminhthedemon/album?.dir=5c80&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/seeminhthedemon/my_photos

im looking to trade for a s14, se preferable, but base is ok, 5 speed manual is a must, prefer white or black, but any color is considered, i will trade your car for my car plus cash, if anyone is interested i will discuss how much cash with the potential trader.