PDA

View Full Version : A/C Question

slyblaznbboi
10-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Quick question guys. I did some digging on here and saw a few threads about people getting their A/C to work in their s13s with rb20 swaps. I currently have a 92 R32 GTS-T and my A/C compressor is shot. In the threads, I saw people mention that 89-93 240sx A/C compressors were direct fits into their rb20 a/c compressor brackets. If I were to run an s13 compressor on my rb20, would I literally just need to have A/C lines fabbed up to accommodate the different compressor? Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

JrDarknes
10-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Subbed, I am curious about this too. I thougth only the single cam ka24e compressor would fit (Still not certain). I thought thedual cam ka24de compressor you need brackets?

veprk
10-07-2018, 11:54 AM
thats whats in my rb25det'd s13. Its all there minus one line. Receipts show if functioned before top mount and bigger turbo were added

smoked240
10-07-2018, 12:04 PM
If the ac compressor fits and the belt alignment is straight then it should work! You'll need custom lines of course.You can pretty much adapt any ac compressor to any engine, the only real issue I can see is proper drivement of the compressor( underdrive vs overdrive) which might not even be a big deal.

slyblaznbboi
10-07-2018, 03:23 PM
If the ac compressor fits and the belt alignment is straight then it should work! You'll need custom lines of course.You can pretty much adapt any ac compressor to any engine, the only real issue I can see is proper drivement of the compressor( underdrive vs overdrive) which might not even be a big deal.

Olay cool. That's what I was thinking. I just need to get clarification on if an early 240sx r12 compressor directly bolts to an rb20 bracket.

thats whats in my rb25det'd s13. Its all there minus one line. Receipts show if functioned before top mount and bigger turbo were added

So the S13 compressor directly bolted to you rb25 bracket? I know Rb20 and Rb25 compressors are different, so I'm still stumped on what compressor is a direct fit for me.

veprk
10-07-2018, 04:17 PM
I cant tell, to much crap in the way and I didnt do the swap. just ran the part number on compressor and came back for 240sx

slyblaznbboi
10-07-2018, 05:03 PM
I cant tell, to much crap in the way and I didnt do the swap. just ran the part number on compressor and came back for 240sx
Interesting. So an s13 compressor works on rb25 brackets. Hmm, do you think I could forego my Rb20 bracket and switch to an Rb25 bracket and go from there?