PDA

View Full Version : Street Drifting in 2018

EDacIouSX
06-09-2018, 12:31 AM
I didn't immediately see a thread on this but look at these idiots... it's pretty much impossible to drive fixed up cars on the street anymore b/c of this. 9k racing had a instagram post on this and it's super sad to see this happen to car culture in los angeles, let alone the world...

BoVGs_9Qv54

exitspeed
06-09-2018, 05:24 AM
Yeah that’s embarrassing.

BOROSUN
06-09-2018, 11:46 AM
This is just a sideshow. Street Drag races are more dangerous.

It's no different from Japan when bikers block cops for drifters.

When cops chases it becomes more dangerous.

feito
06-09-2018, 12:39 PM
the result of immaturity plus social media fame

tuzzio
06-10-2018, 06:15 AM
The things people do on the internet to get likes/comments is ridiculous. This is lame.

drfftn
06-10-2018, 08:53 AM
This is just a sideshow. Street Drag races are more dangerous.

It's no different from Japan when bikers block cops for drifters.

When cops chases it becomes more dangerous.

Do the guys on bikes in Japan shoot fireworks at cops? Or have a group of them destroy an cop car like a pack of wild animals.

I live in Norcal and have to deal with this shit on the weekend. I had my hood popped on my daily for having a modified exhaust because of this shit

afishysilvia
06-10-2018, 09:01 AM
Makes me scared to drive the 240 man :(

BOROSUN
06-10-2018, 09:56 AM
Do the guys on bikes in Japan shoot fireworks at cops? Or have a group of them destroy an cop car like a pack of wild animals.

I live in Norcal and have to deal with this shit on the weekend. I had my hood popped on my daily for having a modified exhaust because of this shit

That's just California in general with mod cars.

The concept is the same. Last one I saw was at 580. Maro, ws6, g35, bikes, etc slowed and stop traffic. Did some weak donuts and then split. I didn't think anything of it. It did lighten my mood

The Fireworks is someone's bad idea. That's just assult on a officer.

drift freaq
06-10-2018, 12:16 PM
This saddens me. Its just stupid. Of course I avoid Hollywood Blvd to begin. Though ya I can’t think of a dumber place to do a sideshow. Of course sideshows are really not street drifting either.. This is amatuer city.

It does suck for modified car owners as well. Glad my M3 and FiST are badass but flly under the rader as well the Z thats coming soon.

P.S. M3 is going up on the Auction block soon. Boston Green/ Modena 4/5 Slicktop! Only 4/5 Slicktop in this color combo in the U.S.!

EDacIouSX
06-10-2018, 03:33 PM
pretty sure this is not like japan at all... it's kind of ironic. we used to make fun of florida all the time, guess florida got the last laugh.

scroll to 8 min 30 seconds and then to 11 mins.

GXSq3hcR03M&t=646

!Zar!
06-10-2018, 07:04 PM
A sideshow isn’t street drifting.

But speaking about sideshows, there was a freeway takeover on 880 after the GSW won the finals.

afishysilvia
06-10-2018, 07:52 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen...is that turboshoebox there? Maybe he’s a fan instead of FD.

LoneStarSilvia
06-10-2018, 09:41 PM
You Kalifornia guys are fuuuuuuuuuucked.

-The guy in an emissions-free area surrounded by road legal golf carts and Polaris'

Corbic
06-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Who the fuck would want to live in California... fuck that nonsense.

drfftn
06-11-2018, 01:19 AM
That's just California in general with mod cars.

The concept is the same. Last one I saw was at 580. Maro, ws6, g35, bikes, etc slowed and stop traffic. Did some weak donuts and then split. I didn't think anything of it. It did lighten my mood

The Fireworks is someone's bad idea. That's just assult on a officer.

Sorry, should have gone into more detail. When I was pulled over the cop asked me if I participate in side shows and also stated that they're stepping up enforcement on modded vehicles due to the side shows. Just the other day not even 2 miles from my house they have SMOG checkpoints. Yes, smog checkpoints, so I hope if anyone gets caught in one they reg is up soon and needs one lol.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180611/69e0fb97025afe3e2081c23b25f3f52b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180611/11e7f3f759a0884d8e2980dc3bc8f472.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180611/4568aeef46457e4cecf1989007cdda2b.jpg

Tempo
06-11-2018, 03:01 AM
It's embarrassing that it happened and even worse to be considered part of this scene and devolution of car culture just based on the way our cars look.. But I can't blame the police for the crack down, especially if they're being directly attacked and insulted. It seems like an endless supply of fuckboys are pumping out of the woodwork and jumping into the car community and doing the dumbest things in front of the camera for likes and follows nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOROSUN
06-11-2018, 11:52 AM
Sorry, should have gone into more detail. When I was pulled over the cop asked me if I participate in side shows and also stated that they're stepping up enforcement on modded vehicles due to the side shows. Just the other day not even 2 miles from my house they have SMOG checkpoints. Yes, smog checkpoints, so I hope if anyone gets caught in one they reg is up soon and needs one lol.
]

nonsense. sideshow took off in the 80's. this is more of oakland culture thing.

pacotaco345
06-11-2018, 01:36 PM
This is just getting blown out of proportion like everything else these days. Drive your car on the street like you did before, just don't be a dickhead and you'll be fine. Media wants some stupid shit to report on, so obviously they're gonna report misleading, half-researched information and lead people to believe that anyone with a modified car is in a gang.. OP mentioned 9k, when really they're one of the shittiest businesses in the industry, so take anything they post with a grain of salt. And IF you do manage to get pulled over, just be polite to the cop, and you'll probably walk away with a ticket for something you were doing wrong anyways at the worst. There's always been a risk driving a modified car in California, this is nothing new.

LoneStarSilvia
06-14-2018, 02:33 AM
Who the fuck would want to live in California... fuck that nonsense.

To their credit, its a beautiful piece of land with some great weather........

...that's been ruined by a bunch of fucking idiots.

Dolph_KYAS13
06-14-2018, 05:42 AM
The things people do on the internet to get likes/comments is ridiculous. This is lame.

Haha, Has FHRITP guy as profile picture. The irony.

b-s14
06-16-2018, 11:30 PM
so this is whats happening in the car scene now? sheesh.

xschylerx
07-23-2018, 02:55 AM
not sure what people really expected to be honest. when you take something like drifting and shove it down everyones throat this is what you get. don't get me wrong it sucks, but its not surprising.

fitbmx180
10-07-2018, 08:21 PM
wow, im surprised noone got smoked.. this is unbelievable