PDA

View Full Version : No 12v power when car key isn't turned

Overdonebacon
04-19-2018, 01:50 PM
So I just picked up 1992 240sx with a ka24de. I'm brand new to this chassis let alone the brand.

So my question is, why is there no 12v power when the car is off. Radio resets, seat belt sliders don't work, map light and dome light dont work. Nothing. Though once I turn the key atleast 1 click everything comes to life.

Is there like a relay that's gone bad? I can't seem to find the issue.

Thanks

potatomonkey99
04-19-2018, 09:06 PM
Just hook whatever you need as 12v directly to the battery. Invest in a 24 pin breakout.

tuzzio
04-20-2018, 08:06 AM
Just hook whatever you need as 12v directly to the battery. Invest in a 24 pin breakout.

Although this is an alternative to further bastardizing wiring, some people like the oem function of a lot of things.

I'd probably start by inspecting the wiring under the column. Sounds to me like someone crossed two wires where they shouldn't have.

Overdonebacon
04-20-2018, 09:28 AM
Although this is an alternative to further bastardizing wiring, some people like the oem function of a lot of things.

I'd probably start by inspecting the wiring under the column. Sounds to me like someone crossed two wires where they shouldn't have.

Yeah XD. I'm trying to keep it OEM unless worse comes to worse. I'll check again to see if anything got crossed.

tuzzio
04-20-2018, 10:21 AM
Also, check all the fuses in the driver side kick panel. Those do some funny things, sometimes.

Wondering if your TCU is burnt out as well.

Overdonebacon
04-20-2018, 10:32 AM
Also, check all the fuses in the driver side kick panel. Those do some funny things, sometimes.

Wondering if your TCU is burnt out as well.

I feel so stupid. It was just a fuse BUT it was the room lamp fuse.

tuzzio
04-21-2018, 08:02 AM
I feel so stupid. It was just a fuse BUT it was the room lamp fuse.

Don't stress it. We've all done the same thing before.