PDA

View Full Version : new '05 saleen pics

crioten
10-28-2004, 09:51 AM
not really my thing, but thought id share... there is just something that i dont like about that car....but i cant put my finger on it

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/anashow04/anashow1.htm

old_s13
10-28-2004, 10:02 AM
car looks oh-kay, nothing great.. has a bit of RX8 in it, i like the rear window.. the side of the car looks okay, the front and rear make me confused.. too weird and retro.

the interior is absolute gag, makes me sick.

nrcooled
10-28-2004, 11:30 AM
The exterior is the hottness but so was the origial '69 Shelby 'stang

http://www.carmemories.com/images/dbimages/3967.jpg

When all you do is copy to be "retro" the cars start loosing flair. The 350Z was a good example of retro without coping the originals. The new 'stang is just a knock-off

KA24DESOneThree
10-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Almost everyone loves the new design. Pity, because I think it looks like something a Hot Wheels designer would've thought up.

Don't get me started about the live axle...

MakotoS13
10-28-2004, 11:37 AM
a knock off? this gen is a salute to its HERITAGE. the author of such an ignorant statement can't possibly understand why he might be wrong so in an attempt to save effort i'll quote some old fart:

"SHUT THE FUCK UP"

THE END

nrcooled
10-28-2004, 11:44 AM
a knock off? this gen is a salute to its HERITAGE. the author of such an ignorant statement can't possibly understand why he might be wrong so in an attempt to save effort i'll quote some old fart:

"SHUT THE FUCK UP"

THE END

^^^ Quite a bit of hostility you got there buddy. :rant:

tew photy
10-28-2004, 12:38 PM
makoto, you're an asshole and an idiot. i also think it looks like just a cheap knock-off of the older generations. probably just a lazy attempt by Ford to make sales.

RBS14
10-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Makoto: quit being a dick just to try to be popular for being one. It's getting old real quick. "hey look at me, I'm an asshole and everyone should know it!!" Maybe some useful imput into a conversation would be a nice change once in a while.

TiNMAN
10-28-2004, 12:50 PM
actually the designers of the z33 borrowed some ideas from past z's. have you noticed the curve on the roof of the car is like the z32's? if you read up on it, im sure you'll find lots of other things. ive read a couple articles way back, anyway just look around.

oh and for the mustang, i think it looks pretty cool. :cool:

SW20Racer
10-28-2004, 01:22 PM
i like how they addressed the sunken wheel issue something almost every newer mustang(stock or modified) suffers from

old_s13
10-28-2004, 01:38 PM
you guys do realize that the car is pretty ugly right? throwing on a carbon fiber hood doesnt make it nicer, neither does putting a FMIC (should that ever happen).

btw, the first Z33 was featured at shows with 20" wheels and lots of LED trinketry.. and a very funky cool interior.. but that didnt happen now, did it?

SO.. so much for these show cars. until i see it "IN PRODUCTION" its all a bunch of bullshit brownie talk.

nismo2491
10-28-2004, 01:49 PM
yeah also I remember reading that the first 350z took a lot of design cues from prior z's and that was the whole point of it. to be a nod to its past but not blatantly copy them either.
mike: did the 350z concept scare you that you wouldn't be able to make lights for it because of all the led's nissan had beat you to it?? :P
KEvin

brianglawson
10-28-2004, 02:12 PM
The exterior is the hottness but so was the origial '69 Shelby 'stang

http://www.carmemories.com/images/dbimages/3967.jpg

When all you do is copy to be "retro" the cars start loosing flair. The 350Z was a good example of retro without coping the originals. The new 'stang is just a knock-off

THats like a 67 or 68 NOT a 69, 69 moved to a bigger more muscular body:):):)

WhiteNissanS13
10-28-2004, 03:57 PM
i dont like how it looks from the rear, but i've seen them on videos, the gt beating 350z's and stuff

MakotoS13
10-28-2004, 04:26 PM
Makoto: quit being a dick just to try to be popular for being one. It's getting old real quick. "hey look at me, I'm an asshole and everyone should know it!!" Maybe some useful imput into a conversation would be a nice change once in a while.

hey man, mike told me to do it. this is just a perfect example of why i like to be creative when i slam people making tremendously ignorant statements.

yeah, i guess one could say that this is a lame attempt at ford to repackage their previous item. wait... mustang sales have gone UP lately... so why? oh, yeah, cause people are gonna buy pony cars no matter what, people are gonna piss on it out of blind brand loyalty no matter what, and a few might actually give it an unbiased turn around the block.

saying they're running out of ideas implies lack of innovation. the car is faster and handles better than ever. this is the first completely new chassis since the first fox body rolled off the line.

that's like sayin the ford GT is lame cause it looks similar to the GT40.

no hostility, here gang, that'd be like gettin pissed at a civic owners cause they think 14's are fast...

S14DB
10-28-2004, 04:32 PM
put some trim parts on a '05 mustang and rape people for way over the GT's cost.

MakotoS13
10-28-2004, 04:37 PM
intake, exhaust, headers = easy 12's

i wouldn't be surprised if a head and cams put it in deep 11's

Xren17
10-28-2004, 04:41 PM
I have to say that I like the look for the new Mustang but I just can't get myself to purchase one. I feel the same way about the 300C and Magnum. Awesome looking cars with alot of power but just not for me.

-Ren

exitspeed
10-28-2004, 05:56 PM
I like'em too. My dads looking into etting one. I'm trying to get heim to wait and get a Cobra.

psychedelicbeats
10-28-2004, 07:02 PM
i saw this car being driven on the street by M.O.B.'s body shop. eye-catcher.

old_s13
10-28-2004, 07:33 PM
yeah also I remember reading that the first 350z took a lot of design cues from prior z's and that was the whole point of it. to be a nod to its past but not blatantly copy them either.
mike: did the 350z concept scare you that you wouldn't be able to make lights for it because of all the led's nissan had beat you to it?? :P
KEvin

No, because every car can be further customized and glamourized. We are currently working on an LED tail light for... guess what car? G35-Coupe. Say goodbye to the factory LED tail light, say hello to one that looks BETTER.

- Mike / ClearCorners.Com

old_s13
10-28-2004, 07:36 PM
hey man, mike told me to do it. this is just a perfect example of why i like to be creative when i slam people making tremendously ignorant statements.

hey bish, dont blame that shit on me.. take responsibility for your words.

if its up to me, EVERYONE can use a healthy dose of "shut the fuck up"

even you.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

thanks.

ps: who cares about domestic cars? fast or not, they're still domestic. much like my taste in beer and women, i'll keep looking elsewhere. domestic = common and not exotic.

ThatGuy
10-28-2004, 08:02 PM
TEW PHOTY and RBS14 you are pinked till the end of the month. Hopefully you'll learn how to express yourselves without feeling the need to belittle others. If a simple 3 days isn't enough to show you the light, rest assured I will make it longer next time.

MakotoS13
10-28-2004, 08:12 PM
mike- not shuckin any responsibility, i was makin a point, and a dang good point if i do say so myself.

rawkorz

Chernobyl
10-28-2004, 09:13 PM
that is one ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly car.

Sanchi
10-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Personaly i dont like it, the front and rear are ugly just look at it. :mepoke:

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/anashow04/IMG_3640_JPG.jpg
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/anashow04/IMG_3648_JPG.jpg

Yes the original is sweet but the new is NOT...

MakotoS13
10-28-2004, 10:12 PM
lets not forget jack roush's offerings to the mustang gods:

http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/special/05/05_roushfinal800.jpg

http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/special/05/05_roush800.jpg

http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/special/05/05_roushrear.jpg

nightwalker
10-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Fuckin 'rustangs suck. Why the heck did Ford decide to continue to use a live axle on it's signature Sports car. SPORTS CAR!!! They even gave the explorer an independent rear! But, you know what? It's not hard to find the problem with these cars. They circle it and even highlight it in blue for you.

zanos
10-28-2004, 10:34 PM
i like the new design,its cool they went to the roots of mustang.The car looks pretty cool to me,and im in no way am a fan of modern american cars............They the should've made the interior more retro looking though,but on the other hand,all modern american cars have fugly interiors.....so no surprise here.

citizen
10-28-2004, 10:42 PM
i forgot where i saw it but somone was talking about the new rear suspension on the stang as innovative. lolol once i remember where it was im gonna go show them how innvatoive my new foot-up-yo-ass is.

live axle should be dead.

West
10-29-2004, 12:26 AM
They did the front end ok.... but they totaly fucked up the rear end of these cars. Dosent flow with the rest at all.

MakotoS13
10-29-2004, 06:33 AM
Fuckin 'rustangs suck. Why the heck did Ford decide to continue to use a live axle on it's signature Sports car. SPORTS CAR!!!

they listened to what people wanted and almost everyone WANTED to keep the liveaxle.

"it's not about what YOU like it's about the consumer." joe dirt

maybe they should listen to people that would never buy the car based on it being a ford but i don't think so.

nismo2491
10-29-2004, 10:46 AM
there are a couple of reasons they kept with liveaxle, and this is from a videoconference with some of the r/d team for the car so its accurate.
1) power holding. the live axle holds power from mods and stuff better than independent rear. look at what all the 03/04 cobra guys are doing, switching out to live axle.
2) cobra - the cobra gets the independent rear end
3) cost - they need to keep cost down. and the independent rear isn't the cheapest thing in the world

KEvin

old_s13
10-29-2004, 10:57 AM
IRS = handling
non IRS = drag racing

thats why. what appeals to us doesnt appeal to everyone in america... IN AMERICA

crioten
10-29-2004, 11:39 AM
it just seems like the front and rear is just too BIG...looks like a plow on a train or something...

the other day i got to check out a v6 version (my buddy and i got done seeing team america, and parked next to his car was the '05 v6)

it seems like it would look a whole lot better lowered about an inch and a half (believe me, im not a fan of lowering cars for the hell of it)

WhiteNissanS13
10-29-2004, 11:49 AM
so we keep seeing pics of these 05 mustangs, always GT, Saleen, Roush. what about the Regular V6 mustang in weird pea green

http://www.mustangphotos.com/photopost/data/511/1naias4.jpg

Chernobyl
10-29-2004, 01:53 PM
barf.

hey, does anyone know how the '05 live axle is mounted? Torque arm with panhard rod or what? Or is that awful 4-link from way back?

Nothing wrong with a live axle. Keeps the largest footpring on the ground at all times. You just have to make sure it doesn't bind under loading (like fox body stangs and first get rx7's).

nismo2491
10-29-2004, 02:02 PM
think its torque arm with panhard bar. I'll have to swing by the old dealership tomorrow and check it out.
KEvin

Chernobyl
10-29-2004, 02:07 PM
yea let me know. I'm interested, but too lazy to even google it haha.

I see an 05 every day at the dealership by college. It looks like total ass, IMO.

I bet you can get a pretty sweet deal on a loaded '04 right now though...

90RS13
10-29-2004, 02:10 PM
I have to say I like it. I think they are one of the only companies that have done retro right.

MakotoS13
10-29-2004, 03:07 PM
i've always liked roush better than saleen. a trend that doesn't seem to have changed with this gen. the V6 stangs have been and always will look puny compared to the big brothers. that roush just looks... musclebound.

KoukiMonster
10-29-2004, 05:15 PM
the body style that ford is using for the new saleen mustang, is the 67 GT500E...

nightwalker
10-29-2004, 08:26 PM
they listened to what people wanted and almost everyone WANTED to keep the liveaxle.

"it's not about what YOU like it's about the consumer." joe dirt

maybe they should listen to people that would never buy the car based on it being a ford but i don't think so.

that's why they don't pick up new customers, and instead lose them to other car manufacturers. :goyou:

MakotoS13
10-29-2004, 09:53 PM
if they don't pick up new customers why have mustang sales increased recently? riddle me that hotshot ;)

nightwalker
10-29-2004, 11:50 PM
statistics statistics. Anyone can make stats lie. You should know that. Plus, if you give them away, people will buy them. It's not like people are clamoring to wait in line to buy a 'rustang. Just visit your local Ford dealership. That shit might be hot for a couple months, but after that, it's just another rustang.

MakotoS13
10-30-2004, 01:06 AM
so they somehow magically decided that they're makin MORE in mustang sales than previous years by playing with statistics? dude, it isn't a scientific study with variables... just numbers.

but yeah, i guess nobody likes mustangs, that's why it's been around so long... i bet you're one of those people that thinks the C6 vette is just a C5.5 since the body style didn't drastically change.

too bad your mouth doesn't follow suite with your mind.