PDA

View Full Version : Holy Mother Of Ebay!

Journer
10-26-2004, 10:36 PM
lol...i was going to bid on this nice little ecu on ebay..it was runing at 52 bucks..i was planning on waiting till there was like 10 secs left and bid...so..im watching and stuff..within the LAST 20 secs of the auction...like 10 ppl go at it and jack it up to 91 bucks before the last dood bids, lol...rediculous...anyways, first ebay bid war ive exp...so..i thought it was funny :p lol

rainier
10-26-2004, 10:41 PM
haha thats ebay for yah.

Ritz S14
10-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Yeah. I'm one of those people who bid when there are 4 seconds left.

It's funny cause as soon as it hits two minutes remaining. My hearts starts beating haard :bite: . Lol. Huge sign of relief when you win. But when you loose... :bash: :wtc: :mad:

What's even worse is when you bid at the start of the last min, and you start a huge bidding war. Which makes you even more pissed, because when you win, you pay a lot more than you ever would. Just bidding to win, and for bragging rights that you're a dumbass... :tweak: -Just my experience.

Journer
10-26-2004, 11:08 PM
lol...ashh sucks man, hope u find another

240silvia
10-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Sorry man, you'll find another.... I don't know what I'd do without E-Bay.... lolol.

andrave
10-26-2004, 11:51 PM
what I hate is when you click bid and something happens...
like you didn't log into your ebay account so you have to enter a password, or the page doesn't refresh fast enough, and then you realize you were 5 s too late and lost by 50 cents...
and if it was real life you could just say to the seller "I'll give you 5 bucks more." but its ebay, and they can just keep bidding till they beat your price. its a different world.
I always try and search for auctions that weren't listed properly and are hard to find (fewer people will find them, easier to win) and those that end at 3:30 or 4 in the morning (I don't mind staying up, but apparently a lot of people do).
Or if you don't mind paying a little extra for shipping, bid on shit from australia, great britian, and new zealand. I've got lots of sweet parts from those countries that went for a lot less than the would normally go, just because people were intimidated. And most of the time shipping is only a few bucks more (and we can get favorable exchange rates in aussie country.. not so in GB tho).

psychedelicbeats
10-27-2004, 01:06 AM
that's why u use cookies and multiple windows with increments of prices so you can click away.. ahahah

blue109
10-27-2004, 01:41 AM
Yeah. I'm one of those people who bid when there are 4 seconds left.

hahaha, i love it. i use a stopwatch.....2 seconds left [SUBMIT]
my friend has a program that does it for him, waits till the last possible instant and places your highest bid.
ebay snipers unite!

andrave
10-27-2004, 10:36 AM
damn multiple windows I never thought of that. thats sick shit.

Ritz S14
10-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Yeah I do that too ^^

JaeTea
10-27-2004, 12:25 PM
I fucking HATE Ebay snipers!!!!!!

KoukiMonster
10-27-2004, 12:41 PM
so is that what they are called?

e-bay snipers? haha that made me laugh

im sure there must be sites on the net for like strategys and stuff to win in a bid war lol

Ritz S14
10-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Yeah. Ebaysniper. It's an actual program..orwhatever you want to call it. You get 3 free "snipes".

You enter your bid amount at the sniper's site. and they will bid that amount at the last second... You don't even haveh to be around.

andrave
10-27-2004, 01:22 PM
they are called "bidsnipers."
thats what we've called em for years, before all these programs and shit.

evilimport
10-27-2004, 01:27 PM
I don't know what I'd do without E-Bay.
This is the truth....I buy and sell so much stuff on there its rediculous....

exitspeed
10-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Yea I lost 2 times trying to bid on a damn shift boot. The one I finally one, not a single person bud on and I got it for $5 less then the ones I lost on. So I actually one all 3 times.

Lurkable
10-27-2004, 01:38 PM
I always try and search for auctions that weren't listed properly and are hard to find (fewer people will find them, easier to win) and those that end at 3:30 or 4 in the morning (I don't mind staying up, but apparently a lot of people do).

Gee, that never occured to me. I'll bet it makes a big difference if you're sellign something to have it end at a time when most people are likely to be home...sunday afternoon perhaps? I've only sold something once on ebay but I'll be doing more in the near future, this is good to know :)

SirWarrior
10-27-2004, 03:56 PM
I usually forget about the shit I bid on till its time to pay for it.
But than again I am a cheap bastard.
no way I am paying more than half of what I can buy it for new at any webstore.
Not worth the hassle to deal with used shit.

-E-
10-27-2004, 05:28 PM
haha thats ebay for yah.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/smilies/werd.gif

mrmephistopheles
10-27-2004, 05:30 PM
off fucking topic.

Paragon
10-28-2004, 11:02 PM
that's why u use cookies and multiple windows with increments of prices so you can click away.. ahahah

a friend of mine did that and actually ended up raising the price about 5 bucks because he outbid himself in the last few seconds.