PDA

View Full Version : Missing Drifter

DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
01-30-2018, 10:24 AM
Hey guys not sure if this has been posted but didn't see it. Don't know the guy personally but can only imagine what family and friends are going through. Just trying to spread the word and if our Mexico members can keep a look out that would be great.

https://jalopnik.com/help-us-find-this-car-enthusiast-missing-in-mexico-for-1822551039

simmode1
01-30-2018, 10:28 AM
Whoa. That's crazy. Hope the dude is ok.

DALAZ_68
01-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Guys, he is a Premium Member here SUPERSTAR

Not Very active here anymore but definetely an influencial part of current SoCal drifting. Me and other Zilvians acyually had dinner with him in Japan 2 weeks ago during Tokyo Auto Salon.

Dude is amazing, and the fact that this is happening to such an amazing dude is just horrible...

His wife is currently managing his accts on Fb and IG. Fred lump lump is the name.

OutlawLui
01-30-2018, 05:26 PM
Yea hope he turns up Safe. Shit sucks

enkei2k
03-12-2018, 01:31 PM
UPDATE:

He's been found...

https://jalopnik.com/drifting-enthusiast-found-after-being-missing-for-weeks-1823699783

PatPs13
05-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Was there ever an explanation as to what happened?

OutlawLui
05-22-2018, 09:55 AM
No clear explanation, more like beating around the bush....

jumpman2334
05-22-2018, 11:45 AM
I wasn't going to touch this with a 10 foot pole, but im honestly shocked this thread didnt blow up after he was found as zilvians love some good drama.. after he was found his IG (and I believe FB) was abruptly deleted.

this caused all sorts of speculation, things like it was a scam for money (there was a gofundme for a PI), he was in jail in mexico. etc. all I know is that everyone donated didn't get any sort of explanation and he just disappeared. i dont believe anyone got their money back either.

some people allegedly called the tire company he was meeting with south of the border and they confirmed there was never any sort of meeting supposed to take place with him. again, I don't know him, I was just closely following the story hoping that he would be found safe and sound.

PatPs13
05-24-2018, 10:52 AM
I wasn't going to touch this with a 10 foot pole, but im honestly shocked this thread didnt blow up after he was found as zilvians love some good drama.. after he was found his IG (and I believe FB) was abruptly deleted.

this caused all sorts of speculation, things like it was a scam for money (there was a gofundme for a PI), he was in jail in mexico. etc. all I know is that everyone donated didn't get any sort of explanation and he just disappeared. i dont believe anyone got their money back either.

some people allegedly called the tire company he was meeting with south of the border and they confirmed there was never any sort of meeting supposed to take place with him. again, I don't know him, I was just closely following the story hoping that he would be found safe and sound.

+1, this was all swept under the rug so fast..

There was also a @fredlumpsum account a while back on Instagram that was posting all of the information you mentioned, but it seems to have been removed since.

Why is it so difficult to give a public explanation?

brandon519
05-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Why is it so difficult to give a public explanation?

Especially when there are people donating money.

jumpman2334
05-24-2018, 03:16 PM
If the gofundme was a scam, I would hope there are some sort of provisions to give money back to the donors. I still cant believe how he just disappeared like that once he was found and there was no further discussion. it also looks like his IG is back.