PDA

View Full Version : New to CA - Registration Q's etc..

sentradude
01-22-2018, 05:19 PM
Delete - THX!

sentradude
01-28-2018, 02:37 PM
Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supremexnoah
01-28-2018, 06:46 PM
https://www.dmv.org/ca-california/car-registration.php

Smog check is every 2 years. The average registration cost ranges from $50-$120 depends. Check the website/link i provided

jumpman2334
01-31-2018, 11:51 AM
im sorry is all I have to say. this place sucks.

sentradude
01-31-2018, 05:24 PM
Lol... nah, I left phx and I’ll never go back!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMigs
03-27-2018, 09:42 PM
I recently renewed the registration on my s14...cost was $103

turboshoebox
12-28-2018, 03:26 AM
im sorry is all I have to say. this place sucks.

If california is not for you...you can easily relocate to another state. This is not north korea

lewisfk
12-28-2018, 04:47 PM
Are you a student or military? If so don't register your car there! Save yourself the headache.

dizzariot
12-30-2018, 05:26 PM
Are you a student or military? If so don't register your car there! Save yourself the headache.

Yeah if you're military you can register your car in South Dakota. They don't require you to have a matching license since you're in the military and you don't know where your job will take you (that's it in a nutshell).

Some officer told me about this when I was stationed there. You can call the DMV (shocking, but they answer and are super friendly) and you mail them all the shit to register your car (cash, documents), then they'll mail you the plates and even the fucking change down to the last cent lol. I love them.

I had an SR'd car with Dart Izumi blast pipes so I was worried about my car being sniffed. What this 'military loophole' allows you to do is have a different license from the state the car is registered in. When/if you get pulled over you can tell them you're in the military and they can't force you to match your car to your license.

...and if you're not in the military none of this applies to you. Thought I'd try.