PDA

View Full Version : Eminem political video

TokyoNights
10-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Check this vid out from his new song "MOSH",, I think its a brilliant vid and has a good message
http://www.rapbasement.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1071

and heres a link to dl the song(right click and save as)
http://www.d12world.com/audio/eminem-mosh_(sirius_bizness)_(djgreenlantern.com_and_rapb asement.com).mp3

boro240
10-26-2004, 04:43 AM
just what we need, more mass media doctrine of the sheep. if youre gonna vote, do it on your own opinions, beliefs, and ideas. not what someone else is telling you. the moment it referenced that photoshoped picture of bush reading a book upside-down (first what? 5 seconds?), it lost all credibility. the final message was good, but not how it was conveyed. might as well have added a "kerry" in there after "vote".

i guess sensationalism sells more records though. ill bet anti-bush is a big seller too, seeing as how its soo trendy.

celebrities and so called "artists" (i have nothing against eminem, dont get me wrong) seem to think its their duty to tell everyone how they feel. i for one dont give a shit, and am fairly tired of it. millions of dollars dont make your opinion any more valid or worth hearing.

TokyoNights
10-26-2004, 08:11 AM
ehh, its better that rapping about blunts, bitches, and 40s or better yet making fun of christina aguilera or nsync.

RJF
10-26-2004, 08:15 AM
celebrities and so called "artists" (i have nothing against eminem, dont get me wrong) seem to think its their duty to tell everyone how they feel. i for one dont give a shit, and am fairly tired of it. millions of dollars dont make your opinion any more valid or worth hearing.

:werd:

Well said.

old_s13
10-26-2004, 10:33 AM
eminem is weaksauce newschooler shit.. real rap listeners know better than to listen to his MTV/KROQ ass. might as well call him pop.

KoukiMonster
10-26-2004, 11:28 AM
how many people from the demographics that that video is influencing is actually going to vote?

KA24DESOneThree
10-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Historically? Less than 50%.

KoukiMonster
10-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Historically? Less than 50%.

and how many people make up that group?

TokyoNights
10-26-2004, 02:15 PM
eminem is weaksauce newschooler shit.. real rap listeners know better than to listen to his MTV/KROQ ass. might as well call him pop.
Well Im a real rap listener and I can tell you that I have songs by him from back in 96 and even older so I wouldnt really consider him new school,,he even had a underground album called INFINITE before he blew up. He is faar from my favorite and I dont listen to him much anymore because he fell off,,but theres no denying he has talent.

KoukiMonster
10-26-2004, 02:17 PM
you like real rap? thats good

you should check out a guy named immortal technique, specifically his song 'dance with the devil'

TokyoNights
10-26-2004, 02:22 PM
you like real rap? thats good

you should check out a guy named immortal technique, specifically his song 'dance with the devil'
^haha I allready have revolutionary vol 1 and 2 :D

KoukiMonster
10-26-2004, 03:04 PM
hahaha good tastes

KA24DESOneThree
10-26-2004, 04:27 PM
"brilliant vid and has a good message"

Right, if you're a hater. If you're a follower. If you're an idiot, a buffoon, a moron. If you're uninformed, unintelligent, unreligious. If you're willing to listen to the blatherings of a man who I used to listen to, but now I boycott. That side of Eminem should've never come out, that side of rap should've stayed on the streets. Bringing stuff like that to the mainstream will just reinforce me. Em, you're a liar. You're a deceiver. You are no better than scum. Go off and die somewhere, quietly.

If that video influences one of you to vote against Bush, I will no longer regard you as a human. You are but an automaton, getting your ideas and calls to arms from the mainstream. Do not vote. Do not leave your house. I don't want you near me.

old_s13
10-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Well Im a real rap listener and I can tell you that I have songs by him from back in 96 and even older so I wouldnt really consider him new school,,he even had a underground album called INFINITE before he blew up. He is faar from my favorite and I dont listen to him much anymore because he fell off,,but theres no denying he has talent.

never once did i say he doesnt have skills. but, i'll take old eminem over new KROQ eminem ANYDAY. when people lose their hunger for success and trade that in by selling themselves for riches, is when they forget about talent and focus on mass producing themselves.

dont take what you have and ride it out, keep innovating. i am sure people will say whatever they want to say, but i think artists like madonna, ll cool j, sade, and michael jackson are kickass because they keep trying new things.

TokyoNights
10-26-2004, 05:41 PM
"brilliant vid and has a good message"

Right, if you're a hater. If you're a follower. If you're an idiot, a buffoon, a moron. If you're uninformed, unintelligent, unreligious. If you're willing to listen to the blatherings of a man who I used to listen to, but now I boycott. That side of Eminem should've never come out, that side of rap should've stayed on the streets. Bringing stuff like that to the mainstream will just reinforce me. Em, you're a liar. You're a deceiver. You are no better than scum. Go off and die somewhere, quietly.

If that video influences one of you to vote against Bush, I will no longer regard you as a human. You are but an automaton, getting your ideas and calls to arms from the mainstream. Do not vote. Do not leave your house. I don't want you near me.
If you watched it all the way to the end it says get out and vote on nov 2,,I believe that is a good message. It does not say vote for kerry anywhere in that song,, just fuck bush :) and I agree with that. IMO its a creative video.

Old_s13 I know what you mean many artists sell out and go comercial which is one reason I dont really listen to Em anymore buuut he allways bounces back with at least a couple good songs here and there.

KoukiMonster
10-26-2004, 06:39 PM
yes but the connotation of the song is to not vote vote for bush and then we see the vote scene which goes hand in hand with voting for kerry..or nader.

TokyoNights
10-26-2004, 10:20 PM
yes but the connotation of the song is to not vote vote for bush and then we see the vote scene which goes hand in hand with voting for kerry..or nader.
true, but if people wanna be sheep who cares..I dont make my decisions based on others opinions.

zero.counter
10-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Has anyone considered that some people that may have watched the video already had their minds made up on the election and may just share a direction of voting with the artist in question and not necessarliy the points of views. Not everyone voting against bush is spineless or unknowledgeable in the forthcomings of the current presidency.

Overanalysing the video is like wathcing a Simpsons episode and trying to extract a moral out of it. It's just entertainment. Just like all of the mudslinging.

devonkyle77
10-26-2004, 10:36 PM
i wanted to see what all the fuss was about, but neither link worked for me

TokyoNights
10-26-2004, 11:35 PM
i wanted to see what all the fuss was about, but neither link worked for me
bandwidth was propably exceeded

fastbacchris
10-27-2004, 03:59 AM
even before i saw this video i never liked bush, hope he doesnt win the election

silvarshootin
10-27-2004, 03:51 PM
I agree with the fact that you should vote with your own opion and not a celebrities, and that eminem is a sell out. But I liked the song and the video alot, though I hope that people are smart enough to use more than rap videos and celebrity propaganda to make up their mind on who to vote for.

urbansith
10-27-2004, 03:53 PM
even before i saw this video i never liked bush, hope he doesnt win the election
i want kerry to win, but i have a bad feeling that bush will win.

KA24DESOneThree
10-27-2004, 03:59 PM
This is about Em's politics, not ours.

If you want to express your political opinion, please do it in my "How should one vote" thread... that paper's due in less than a week.

keepitmovin
10-27-2004, 07:32 PM
anti bush is the new trend. move over trucker hats...

Lurkable
10-27-2004, 08:00 PM
1. "You've been re-assigned to Iraq." Riiiiiiight......
2. Make Bush a soldier in this war...?
3. STFU about "blood for oil" already, god....

KoukiMonster
10-27-2004, 09:47 PM
i think i heard incidents of soldiers being reassigned to iraq very quickly.

lets see what snopes has to say

theronin
10-29-2004, 04:52 PM
eminem is a coward

TokyoNights
10-30-2004, 01:15 AM
The link is back up for those that missed it,,

eminem is a coward

WTF you mean?