PDA

View Full Version : Transmission issue! Please help!!!!

Kouki1998
12-29-2017, 11:48 PM
yesterday i had added a quart of gear oil to my ka24de transmission and while driving the car shut down on me. I had not lost electrical power, it was more mechanical failure. I then proceed to drain the transmission to find it full of black burnt gear oil. I then refilled the trans but now my car wont run for more than a couple minutes.. so i am wondering if this is a result of overfilling the transmission? Any help is appreciated!! I need to get my car running asap because this is my daily and I am left with no car now..

Bird
01-03-2018, 08:48 AM
Doesn't sound plausible honestly, I would jack the car up, have someone push the clutch pedal down and see if you can turn the crank pully with a ratchet then see if you can turn the driveshaft (with back wheels off the ground and clutch still pressed in). Make sure it's really your transmission that is the issue.

Kouki1998
01-05-2018, 09:29 AM
I'm new to working on cars, but coincidentally the day I changed my transmission oil my alternator had given out, that is why I had thought it was my trans..