PDA

View Full Version : Live action initial D

dct223
10-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Friend showed me this...

not sure its a repost... i searched and i didnt see anything like it posted...

http://zombie.bigboon.com/eric/multimedia/MakingofInitialD.wmv

WhiteNissanS13
10-24-2004, 11:47 PM
i dont know a word they're saying besides when he said "Action" im guessing there making an initial d movie with real people to be released in 2005?

Drift101
10-24-2004, 11:52 PM
i dont care what anyone says, i like it. yay for real life initial D, i am sure it will be entertaining. and by entertaining meaning its something fun to watch, NO NEED TO BE SUPER REALISTIC WHEN IT IS FUN!

s13driver
10-24-2004, 11:55 PM
so when is the release day.. neither she nor they mention anything about it .

KoukiMonster
10-25-2004, 12:42 AM
whoooop de dooo

twirls index finger...

s13silady
10-25-2004, 12:48 AM
i think its going to be pretty cool

240silvia
10-25-2004, 01:26 AM
WOOT! Those guys are amazing. I love the video game too!

HyperTek
10-25-2004, 02:26 PM
so is this chinese or japanese? Looks really cool I must say, really good camera angles, just like the anime. I wonder how they gonna pull off the "gutter trick"...

Just hope Quintin Terrentino or Tokyo Pop dont try releasing it out here.. hehe

dvdevo
10-25-2004, 03:38 PM
its chinese.

s13driver
10-25-2004, 04:10 PM
i 'm thinking this is just another one of those Shuto Kousoku Trail Series, but with drifting in mind, instead of street racing.

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
10-25-2004, 05:57 PM
o man it looks tyte but i hope its not in chinease. but it looks like it will cuz the kanji is written differnt from japanese

KoukiMonster
10-25-2004, 06:33 PM
kanji is borrowed from china.

a japanese person can read some characters of chinese writing.

that is why japanese people bring a pen/pencil and a notepad to write on when they go to china because they have no other means to communicate, except through the chinese/kanji characters that they share.

steaLthy240
10-25-2004, 07:59 PM
yup, the movie should be coming out sometime next year..

it's going to be in chinese with chinese actors like nicholas tse and edison chen.

can't wait for it! only thing im worried about is more kids will want to drift because of it, just like how they wanted to race after seeing FnF. :bite:

240trainee
10-25-2004, 09:12 PM
I dunno, will have to see it.

psychedelicbeats
10-25-2004, 10:14 PM
it'll probably turn out ot be one of those chinese movies like legend of speed or whatever... pretty low profile

w0nderbr3ad
10-25-2004, 10:36 PM
its defintately on my movies to watch list

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
10-25-2004, 11:56 PM
kanji is borrowed from china.

a japanese person can read some characters of chinese writing.

that is why japanese people bring a pen/pencil and a notepad to write on when they go to china because they have no other means to communicate, except through the chinese/kanji characters that they share.

i know kanji is chinese cuz i am japanese nd iv learned that crap. but im talking about the way the japanese chose the kanji and the chinese are different. i cant read kanji all that well but the title of initial d is written different from the title in chinease. just look at the two. ull see wat im talking about

kazuo
10-26-2004, 01:33 AM
Japanese kanji, while stolen from the Chinese every few years when they sailed across the sea to start some shit, occasionally has different meaning than what it means in China.

Example: What dude pointed out in the Initial D Live-Action tralier. Look at the kanji for the title in the Mandarin (Chinese) version, and compare to the Japanese.

Different.

The basic stuff is the same but from there it all goes downhill.

HyperTek
10-26-2004, 02:59 AM
since its being filmed in another country that it didnt originate from, how legit is it at being an "official movie" based on the series?? thats what im wondering.

urbanimpakt
10-26-2004, 10:02 AM
From what I understand it really doesnt follow the story line 2 well. It has all the characters and cars but shitwill be changed For instance Natsuki is Ryousuke's G/F. I'll still see it tho, if not just for the cars. Im curious to see which engine they start out w/ in the AE86. I also wanna know about if they will still have Mt Akina or what are they gonna do. I know there is a similar road to Irohazaka (sp?) in Japan but thats it.

Previous Zilvia thread about it (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=60353&highlight=initial+movie)

Link w/ some info (http://www.flora-fleur.net/envy/liveact.html)

KoukiMonster
10-26-2004, 10:57 AM
i see well that was my understanding since my japanese teacher told us about the history of kanji and what japanese people do when they go to china.

ZK
10-26-2004, 02:22 PM
since its being filmed in another country that it didnt originate from, how legit is it at being an "official movie" based on the series?? thats what im wondering.

The same way as The Ring and The Grudge were American remakes of Japanese titles, the Chinese make of Initial D is kinda like that. Just enjoy it for what it is, I don't expect it to follow the Japanese story much but it should be entertaining in itself.

And if you follow popular Chinese cinema, it stars some of the hottest actors in HK today.

kazuo
10-27-2004, 01:24 AM
And if you follow popular Chinese cinema, it stars some of the hottest actors in HK today.

Like CHICKEN!

CHICKEN is in it. That's SO fucking dope.

And is that TAI FAI as Bunta?!

aznpoopy
10-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Like CHICKEN!

CHICKEN is in it. That's SO fucking dope.

And is that TAI FAI as Bunta?!

ugh... i read about this on rx7club. i predict this movie will be a disaster.

i heard they use the real japanese locations to do the shooting and saw some pics of the cars. they could've at least upgraded them a bit... when the 86 corners there is some INSANE body roll. maybe fitting for itsuki's car but not a car tuned by bunta...

HyperTek
10-27-2004, 07:10 PM
well as long as it has the music right, and it did look like some pretty nice camera angles, im sure it will be entertaining.

Edit - 4th stage episodes 7 & 8 are out.. i dled a english subbed 7 last night... anyone know if a subbed 8 is out?

s13driver
06-26-2005, 12:05 AM
watched the theater version a little bit probably no more than 20 mins due to the quality. just enought to find out how the movie turns out. in my opinion, the music SUX. the dialog is somewhat stupid. the battle is TOO SHORT. and it didn't fully follow the original story if you didn't know.

sLip techniques
06-26-2005, 12:08 AM
where did u watch it?? ;)

s13driver
06-26-2005, 12:09 AM
home infront of my pc. got it off bit-torrent

sLip techniques
06-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Oh nice ill be doing the same then. You think FaF3 will be better ? :ugh:

s13driver
06-26-2005, 12:17 AM
is possible. but i wont know it until i watch some trailer or the real thing.

m0rex
06-26-2005, 12:32 AM
That one you downloaded off torrentspy aint it. It still hasent even came out yet anywhere. This is the official site http://hk.initialdthemovie.com/index_en.html. It has all the cars, dates, trailers, and shit. I think the movie is gonna be pretty good.

That gutter trick aint impossible. Keichi does it with his ae86. I saw it on best of motoring. Never tried it or even thinked about trying it though.

Edit: nevermid it did come out already somewhere in asia. I heard it sucks. :smash:

s13driver
06-26-2005, 12:34 AM
u wanna bet ?

FaLKoN240
06-26-2005, 04:24 AM
Why Did You Bring This Stupid Thread Back?!

max_misawa
06-26-2005, 04:49 AM
should be good for 90 mins of fun/ zone'ing out

Max

kuramaya
06-26-2005, 05:21 AM
Chinese remaking a Japanese Manga and Anime into a movie :rl:

sLip techniques
06-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Chinese remaking a Japanese Manga and Anime into a movie :rl:

yeah thats the kicker right there.....

matchgrade
06-28-2005, 12:45 AM
I just saw the live action Initial D at the theater in Taiwan with dball33. It was dubbed in Mandarin with English onscreen subtitles; the original is in Cantonese. It's not too bad, but they crammed Stages 1-3 into 2 hours and everything suffers of course. {edit} in retrospect there were actually a lot of "what the HELL??" moments.

It's a star vehicle for one of Taiwan's biggest music stars, Jay Chou...unfortunately he can't act. If you've seen Infernal Affairs, you'll recognize some of the other stars. If you haven't seen Infernal (not internal) Affairs...rent it...it's good and a black R33 GT-R Skyline makes a brief appearance. It's being remade by Scorsese with DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Matt Damon.

Anyway, I can give yall some facts about the movie and you guys decide. I must say it's weird that it's set in Japan but all the actors speak in Chinese. If you don't like spoilers, don't read any further.

The movie is set in Japan, shot on location on Mt. Haruna aka Akina. Akina is actually the mountain's nickname. The new Itsuki character is a combination of the original Itsuki, Iketani, and Kenji, drives Iketani's lime S13 Silvia, and later buys his own AE86 too (not an AE85) in which Takumi beats the white Evo. Itsuki's dad owns the gas station that they all work at.

Bunta is an alcoholic father whose wife ditched him, beats his son, and visits hostess bars, and there's only one Takahashi in the film: Ryosuke, driving the white FC. Nakazato with the black R32 GT-R is also in the film and is beaten by Takumi of course :P. It's interesting to see the GT-R actually drifting in the turns with visible countersteer. The Natsuki subplot with her Benz-driving "papa" remains in the storyline. The guy seems to own at least two Mercedes...a new E-class and an older S-class.

The AE86 does blow its engine and have a 20-valve put in, causing everyone riding shotgun in the "reborn 86" to spew chunks...literally and quite disgustingly.

The gutter trick shows up at least twice, including in the last race which is between Fujiwara, Takahashi, and the Emperor's Sudoh in the black Evo (all three at the same time!?). Ryosuke actually blocks the Evo for Takumi, calling it a "race strategy," after which the Evo flys off the course and lands upside down. All in all, a good two hours of silly entertainment. The driving scenes were actually quite decently filmed and were performed by lower ranking D1 drivers.

Funny how Takumi is first shocked that it took a long time--"a WHOLE 1 month" for Bunta just to find the right suspension for the AE86, but later Ryosuke says that Bunta took so little time to tune the suspension, he must have been a genius.

aznpoopy
06-28-2005, 02:24 AM
interesting...

thanks for the review

imma have to check it out.

Giant Robot
06-28-2005, 04:25 PM
It's a star vehicle for one of Taiwan's biggest music stars, Jay Chou...unfortunately he can't act. If you've seen Infernal Affairs, you'll recognize some of the other stars. If you haven't seen Infernal (not internal) Affairs...rent it...it's good and a black R33 GT-R Skyline makes a brief appearance. It's being remade by Scorsese with DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Matt Damon.

what a coincidence, i just watched part 1 for the 3rd time today...I did notice Anthony Wong in the Initial D movie and is it Andrew Lau (not Andy Lau) directing it?

i'll probably be picking the foreign release Initial D movie in a couple months when it comes out.

matchgrade
06-29-2005, 02:03 AM
what a coincidence, i just watched part 1 for the 3rd time today...I did notice Anthony Wong in the Initial D movie and is it Andrew Lau (not Andy Lau) directing it?

i'll probably be picking the foreign release Initial D movie in a couple months when it comes out.

Yes, Andrew Lau directed all three Infernal Affairs, and yeah you're right he is NOT the same person as Andy Lau.

Dunkee
06-29-2005, 07:56 AM
I just saw it...wasn't bad. Some of the characters were a little annoying. You can download the bittorrent off of thewirdsdomain.

ZK
06-29-2005, 10:47 AM
I watched it yesterday... they seriously need some English subtitles and the video quality sucked as expected from a camcorder.

I'll wait and watch the official release DVD.