PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody ever used or heard of this Guy....

dreimers
11-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, move if nessecary.

I am looking to buy a S14 SR20DET. I put up a thread in the WTB section and I got a pm from jsuther about a S14 SR20DET motor. He said to email Brad at
[email protected] So I did he has a great deal on a motor for me. When I asked him for some pics he sent them over. He said that he only takes payments in form of a Bank Wire Transfer (red flag#1 for me), ok a little uncomfortable w that, but ok. He is located in Charlotte NC and said that is where the motor will ship from. I looked at the pics he sent over and they are the exact same pics from an Ebay listing in AZ (red flag #2) When I asked for different pics he said that he had no other pics and was done sending pics (red flag#3)
The reason I am writing this is
A: Has any one ever used this guy for a motor or anything else or dealt with jsuther
B: If it is a scammer(which I am pretty sure he is) that no one else fall victim to it.

RalliartRsX
11-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Walk away.

RalliartRsX
11-09-2017, 03:53 PM
You can also catch him in his own lie by sending him the eBay link and ask him to price match :)

sidewaysil80
11-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Nice of you to post this, hopefully mods ban person who pm'd you as he is clearly in on it or the same person.

FaLKoN240
11-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Walk away as the other users have said.

He doesn't have any activity on his account but he's fairly new. Without screenshots or any actual proof of an attempt or previous scam i don't think I will be banning him but I will keep an eye out for any other suspicious behavior.

FaLKoN240
11-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Walk away as the other users have said.

He doesn't have any activity on his account but he's fairly new. Without screenshots or any actual proof of an attempt or previous scam i don't think I will be banning him but I will keep an eye out for any other suspicious behavior.

dreimers
11-10-2017, 12:42 PM
I emailed him one last time about the ebay listing and if he would go through Paypal. He said he got scammed using Paypal and he will never use it again.
Yes, please keep an eye out for any activity from him.
I hope this will keep anybody else from buying from this guy.

dreimers
11-10-2017, 12:44 PM
I have for sure. I am still looking for a motorset