PDA

View Full Version : Greddy KA24DE Header

TheRealSy90
10-24-2017, 11:14 PM
Been looking for the Greddy KA24DE header that I believe they sold for the S14 as a carb legal whatever.
Trying to find one to swap the head flange to an SR flange and use it for an sr20de swap.
Let me know if you know the whereabouts of one of these. Thanks.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5587/30383775884_eb22f69e93_b.jpg

marveluz
10-24-2017, 11:18 PM
That’s beautiful. From the looks of it if a fabricator followed the lines and moved the collector further down past the frame rails you can have along tube headers that clear the steering column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRealSy90
10-24-2017, 11:59 PM
That’s beautiful. From the looks of it if a fabricator followed the lines and moved the collector further down past the frame rails you can have along tube headers that clear the steering column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe there is room to run the four pipes further down and clear the steering shaft, seeing as how most "long tube" headers like ISR and DC barely clear the steering shaft as is and they merge from 4 to 2 early on.

ZenkiKid
10-25-2017, 12:00 PM
Good luck finding one.

IIRC Greddy liquidated them because they were trash build quality wise.

TheRealSy90
10-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Good luck finding one.

IIRC Greddy liquidated them because they were trash build quality wise.

Meh, there's always ways around that with repairs etc. I'm sure good mounts and a flex pipe right after would go a long way.
Too many people install exhaust on rubber hangers with no flex and wonder why their manifolds break...