PDA

View Full Version : This 240 is destroying me

oLemurs
09-30-2017, 05:20 PM
so i bought an sr20 240 a month or two ago, engine was put in but swap was never finished. i finally got it running and it should be able to drive but im having the biggest problem with the motor, basically while cold the engine needs starting fluid, and it needs a jumper wire for the EGI pump relay, after i get it started i shut it off put the relay back in, it turns on after like half a second of cranking, and the engine runs amazing until it gets warm, while its warm it wants to die down when i hit the gas,if it dies i try to start it up and it just wont start, i try to put the jumper wire in the EGI pump and spray loads of starting fluid, itll sputter but wont catch, i got a new ECU and that fixed nothing, what else could it be??? i checked the timing today and the TPS and the timing was good, the TPS was .45 which is good. :tardrim:

tuzzio
10-01-2017, 07:12 AM
Check your MAF, and replace your coolant temp sensor.

brandon519
10-04-2017, 07:53 AM
I had these issues and it turned out to be a bad ecu.

oLemurs
10-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Check your MAF, and replace your coolant temp sensor.

Coolant temp sensor is next on my list of things to replace, to check my maf do I just unplug it?

oLemurs
10-04-2017, 09:47 AM
I had these issues and it turned out to be a bad ecu.

Good to know, unfortunately I just bought another ecu and there is no change :(

brandon519
10-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Good to know, unfortunately I just bought another ecu and there is no change :(

Sorry I don't know how I missed that.

S14kouki805
10-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Welcome to owning a 240 lol

xnyc
11-12-2017, 11:36 PM
if u havent gotten it figured out. i would check pressure in fuel rail with key on engine off and running. also check voltage at the pump connector between cold start and warm/on throttle. sounds fuel related im guessing a bad fuel pressure regulator or failing pump. a maf could possibly cause this as well. stay away from aftermarket mafs if u decide to swap it out

apex128
11-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Mass air flow sensor or bad ecu. Make sure your ecu is tuned for the maf you are using.

Oh Em Zee
11-22-2017, 09:02 AM
I want to mention also to change your fuel filter. (Checking fuel line pressure will also confirm this)
symptoms you have that point towards it:
- need to turn fuel pump on early to get the rail up to pressure before starting the car
- if you shut the car off when the rail is at pressure, it starts up fine right after
- if you give it gas when its running fine, it bogs/dies, can't supply fuel fast enough

really the best way to figure out what's going on is to get a fuel pressure gauge and read your MAF values / plug into consult and see whats going on.

nissansrdub
12-31-2017, 02:55 PM
Is your MAF grounded to the chassis? If so try rewiring it so it gets ground from the ECU. I think frsport has a write up.
I had this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk