PDA

View Full Version : what are my chances?

tew photy
10-21-2004, 02:29 PM
ok, so i've been sort of a jackass with my driving record in the past months. i know it was dumb, and i have no clue why i was an idiot, but i know there are probably a bunch of people here in the same boat.

so right now i'm serving a 30 day suspension for doing 104 on the san mateo bridge here in the bay area. that was a 2 point violation, so i have 3 points on my record now, all from this year. in addition, i have to go back to court in a week or so for doing 68 in a 35. also, i am not eligible to clear a point through traffic school. on top of that, on 5/28 of this year, i got arrested for "street racing" my friends rav4 to 40 mph in a 40 zone, which also got my car impounded. i think the street racing one is b.s but to this day i have heard nothing from the county at all. everytime i've been to court to check up on it, they say it's not in the system yet and all. the 68 in a 35 happened in august, and thats only in the system because it was entered manually by the clerk when i check up on that one, something that was never done for me in regards to the street racing one. im wondering if this street racing charge was forgotten about? it's been nearly 5 months, with no word or anything.

but on to my question. i have the 3 pts, and going to court for the 68 in a 35, so that could be 1 more, and if the street racing one stands, maybe 1-2 more. so that's 4-6 points on my record. i voluntarily have not driven in 2 months just to chill out, and i think my speeding days are over, but does anybody know the vehicle codes involving any further suspensions? im 18, with all those points...im just hoping to get a max of 3 months total suspension, but im not sure on the rules. any info would be appreciated.

cliffs notes:
18 years old, currently serving 30 days
3 points on record currently
1 more point for sure going on soon
possiblilty of 1-2 more for b.s charge
no traffic school possibility

any ideas on how long i will be without a license? thanks guys.

TiNMAN
10-21-2004, 03:55 PM
bahh, so that explains why i always see your car everytime i pass by on regents! :nono: sorry man, cant offer any help. good luck dude

phrozen
10-21-2004, 04:41 PM
oh crap u got caught on the san mateo... i always drive like 125 on there...

tew photy
10-21-2004, 05:05 PM
yea the cop was waiting at the toll booth. when he saw a slightly modded car pass by, me, he hid behind a truck then popped out behind me...

NI_YON_Zenki
10-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Going to court to rectify that 68/35 catch, you should've already been notified about that point against you, as far as the street racing ticket, just take that and leave it, go get your driving record printed out at the DMV, doesn't matter which one, check back over all prior stops. If there is no record of it by now, ask about when your court date comes, make sure you speak to the proper individual, not the judge. . . . Be easy main, good luck.

mrmephistopheles
10-21-2004, 05:32 PM
this is OT, doesn't belong in Chat.

JDMark
10-21-2004, 05:37 PM
in general, how much is a "street racing" ticket? i got one last week following my friend in the mountains, going about 50-60 (in a 30) following eachother (never crossing the line) and an undercover going the other way stopped us and got us for street racing. still havent gotten the ticket in the mail yet. going to try and get that down to just a speeding ticket or something.

but 5 months is really long for it to not show up, probably never will. let us know what happens though.

-mark

Phlip
10-21-2004, 05:44 PM
That is why I actually LIKE living in NC... I would have given my lawyer 100.00 each for the 104 and 68 (both 15 over the speed limit) provided there was nothing else added to the 104 for being reckless or some shit like that... I'd have been riding continuances when that "street racing" (synchronized acceleration TO the speed limit as you described it) and he'd have called it "malarchy," as he has twice said in reference to shit I have presented him with, taken it for 75.00 bucks and he goes to court while I sit on my fat ass and play video games, not even needing to appear, he pulls his strings as former distric court judge (there's a reason, I picked this one) and BAM, speeding tickets are improper equipment and prayer for judgement respectively, "street racing" is thrown out as the bullshit it is, and no points, valid license...

tew photy
10-21-2004, 05:44 PM
mr meph..sorry bout that, figured it was driving related so yea, thanks for correcting it.

anybody have a similar record or experience? if so, what eventually was your punishment

meatish
10-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Holy shit you're 18 and you already have that many points!? Well at least you admit to driving like a jackass. You're lucky that you are only getting a ticket for street racing. Nowadays they just take your car and feed it to robosaurus..

SilviaNinja240
10-21-2004, 07:13 PM
I saw the robosaurus on the discovery channel, looked really awsome! There's even some dude in the robosaurus driving it around and stuff

tew photy
10-21-2004, 07:28 PM
blah...philip do you think getting a regular lawyer around here would help at all? anybody else have any experience or suggestions? cuz yea...i know i drove like a jackass but i think paying all these fucking fines and 30 day suspension+ the 2 months of me choosing not to drive is enough. any ideas you guys have for keeping my license, or at least getting it back sooner..

Ghst 01
10-21-2004, 08:25 PM
4 points will get DL supended for 6 months... (happened to me when i was 18yrs old)

also once they decide to give u back ur DL's.... you will be required to optain a SR20, which is a form of insurence ontop of you regular car insur..... which is gonna costa like around $1200.... if you fail to maintain the supplemental insur.. u will loos ur DL again

now i have a lawyer that takes care of all my tickets... he charges about 100-150 per ticket... and he garantee's that you will not get a point for it....... but you will end up paying alot in court fees and what ever they want to charge you for the ticket.. .. so basicaly is on you... what is more important... i do it cause i dont want my insurence to go up cause of the points...heres his info

Samara, Majeed S
Address: 700 El Camino Real, Millbrae, CA 94030
Phone: (650) 871-5666

he handle san mateo county and all surrounding counties

good luck...........................

speeddreamz
10-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Lawyer, and plea bargain/Agreement with DA office. I had a violation for speed contest for spinning donuts in an area where noone drives. Anyhow I also had a speeding ticket. They got me to lower the charge from speed contest 2 pts, to aiding and abeting speed contest 1 pt with 3 yrs on record instead of 2 pts for 10 yrs. Also got my speeding ticket dismissed as part of the plea bargain...oh forgot 750 dollars.

Heartwork
10-21-2004, 10:40 PM
i might be stretching this, but theres a rumor of some sort that if the county does not take care of your driving violation within a year, your charges get dropped....by saying taking care, i mean that they should provide a ticket, court date, etc... for each violation....

i had a speeding ticket a few years back and it took the cop a damn near 10 months to finally go to court.....

Andrew Bohan
10-21-2004, 10:51 PM
mr badlose got pulled over by chp and got the hood pop. they took pics of his SR and everything. but they didnt' impound it.
he sold his spec d and painted his fmic black, and moved his a-pillar gauges. he never heard from the courts about it, and it's not in the system.
i think they just like to scare people

old_s13
10-21-2004, 11:14 PM
tickets dont always get processed immediately, some can take quite some time before they get processed. however, there IS a law that states how long the city has to input the citation, 6-12 months, i cant recall exactly.. but thats what lawyers are for.

second, you can risk going to court hoping the officer doesnt show.. that may reduce your risks, or better yet, pay a lawyer.. its more expensive but in this case, its worth it.

last, you're an idiot.. a rav4? shit, you got a heavy foot. chose your battles.

ps: they only DESTROY cars that participate in organized drag racing on city streets.

Heartwork
10-22-2004, 02:05 AM
second, you can risk going to court hoping the officer doesnt show.. that may reduce your risks, or better yet, pay a lawyer.. its more expensive but in this case, its worth it.

i've also heard some shit to schedule your court hearing (if your going to contest it) near or on a holiday...most likely the cop wont show up to court and your ticket will get thrown out

tew photy
10-22-2004, 10:15 AM
haha olds13...yea i know man, thats why the "race" was such a joke. it was just 2 buddies mesing around, none of this fast and the furious bullshit.

ghst01...that lawyer does not do alameda county, and i just took care of the san mateo one, so he can't do anything about it now. dammit. does anybody have any good traffic lawyers in alameda county? i cannot get another point on my license. i know some east bay person's gotten in trouble for shit.