PDA

View Full Version : PW: The Kerry Nightmare

RJF
10-20-2004, 01:01 PM
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=7267

The Kerry Nightmare
By William Tucker
Published 10/19/2004 12:09:28 AM

Last night I had the strangest dream. I guess it was a nightmare, really. I remember most of it, except how it ended.

First I dreamed Kerry won the election. That wasn't so bad in itself. He seemed Presidential enough for the job. He had a dignified bearing, spoke well, didn't mangle his phrases. People were weary after four years of uncertainty under George Bush and ready to try something new.

Kerry started off well. On January 22, in a burst of world optimism, he went to the U.N. and laid down his mea culpa. America had gone it alone too long, he said. We were ready to cooperate with the rest of the world. The General Assembly gave him a 15-minute standing ovation. His speech was cheered wildly in cities from Paris to Berlin to Peshawar. A new day had dawned. Peace was at hand.

The only concrete result that came out of his U.N. visit, however, was that Poland decided to accelerate its troop withdrawal, already scheduled for 2005. Other allies said that since Kerry was throwing in the towel, they were going to leave sooner than later as well. Everyone but Great Britain packed up and headed home. Meanwhile, Kerry visited France and Germany to hold long talks with President Chirac and Chancellor Schroeder. The main outcome, however, was that they told him Iraq was his problem and wished him well. Meanwhile, terrorists in Iraq stepped up their operations

By the time President Kerry got back from Europe, things had taken a turn for the worse. Both Sunni and Shi'ite leaders announced that, despite the January election of Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, both now regarded his victory as illegitimate. Democracy was a foreign system that America was trying to impose on the Muslim world. Both recommended a return to the Ummah, with religious leaders at the helm. Since each sect claimed to the rightful heirs of Mohammed, each claimed the right to the position.

The opposition became bolder. Several suicide bombers penetrated the Green Zone and American casualties started to rise. With our allies pulling out, our soldiers were also required to take over key positions in the South. Suddenly we found ourselves stretched way too thin. Rioting broke out in several cities of the Sunni Triangle.

All the pretty plans of the campaign were evaporating and President Kerry now found himself facing the basic contradiction of his position. Was Iraq the wrong war at the wrong place and the wrong time? Or were we actually undermanned? For two long weeks, Kerry mulled the problem while fierce debate was waged in Congress. Half of Kerry's constituency called for a pullout and peace demonstrations took place in New York and Washington. Many Democrats in Congress said our troops were endangered, however, and call for a draft.

Kerry solved the problem by going to the United Nations. A high level conference was arranged in Baghdad with all sides attending. A truce was called and for three weeks an international panel debated the issue. Finally, it was decided that 140,000 American troops would be given safe passage out of the country. They would leave in an orderly fashion and then Iraqis would continue to meet under U.N. supervision to decide how they would govern themselves.

Like the Indians watching the British march out of Fort William Henry, however, once the terrorists saw their enemies defeated they could not restrain themselves. Before the American soldiers had even begun to pack their bags, they were under daily attack. General fighting broke out in several cities, even as the U.N. panel continued to meet. Then a suicide bomber rammed the home of Prime Minister Allawi and killed him. The elected government collapsed. Civil war broke out between Sunni and Shi'ite militias, both claiming religious authority, while the Kurds withdrew completely, declaring their own state..

Like so many a President before him, John Kerry found himself at the mercy of events. All the pretty plans of his election campaign -- the diplomacy, the conferences with our allies -- were forgotten. Suddenly he was a commander-in-chief trying to rescue a stranded army.

Events didn't wait. Now convinced that America was abandoning the Middle East and no longer content to watch Iran develop a nuclear weapon that in two years would be able to hit Jerusalem, the Israelis sent a fleet of F-16s to drop bunker-busting weapons on three nuclear complexes at Bushehr, Natanz, and Arak. Rioting broke out in every Middle Eastern capital. Terrorists streamed into Baghdad from every direction. Syrian and Egyptian armies prepared for a retaliatory attack against Israel.

That's when I woke up.

I've been walking around in a cold sweat all day thinking about these things. But that's silly, I suppose. After all, it was only a dream. The American people couldn't possibly elect John Kerry President, could they?

William Tucker is a frequent contributor to The American Spectator and a contributing writer to the American Enterprise.

KA24DESOneThree
10-20-2004, 03:24 PM
... I tell everyone who cares that I am honestly very hesitant to even consider a United States of which Kerry is president.

AKADriver
10-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Wow, what a steaming pile of bullshit. This is possibly even more meaningless than all those stupid partisan photoshop threads. It's a work of fiction... unless William Tucker owns a time machine, this article belongs in the trash. Horrible things could result from either major candidate's policy - and horrible things probably WOULD happen if either one lived up to their high and mighty (and unworkable) promises.

RJF
10-20-2004, 04:20 PM
It's an editorial...but probably not too far from what may happen.

SilviaNinja240
10-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Right, and pigs fly.

aa87
10-20-2004, 04:38 PM
And why is this going to happen because of Kerry, it may as well happen while bush is in, hes creating more enemy's than there were, and continues to piss them off.

I hate checking the lounge, and seeing about 300 threads that belong to RJF and the right wing agenda. Your not gonna sway votes on friggin zilvia.net. T

The american Spectator,blahahaha, almost as bad as the drudge report.

the head
10-20-2004, 05:23 PM
>
> John Kerry
>
> RESIDENCE: 7 mansions, including one in Washington DC, worth
> multi-millions. I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> EXPERIENCE:
> Law Enforcement. In my career as a U.S. Senator, I've voted to cut every
> law enforcement, CIA, and Defense bill. I ordered the city of Boston to
> remove a fire hydrant in front of my mansion, thereby endangering my
> neighbors in the event of fire. I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> MILITARY:
> I served in Vietnam (four months). I used three minor injuries to get an
> early discharge from the military and service in Vietnam (as documented
> by the attending doctor). I served in Vietnam (four months). I then
> returned to the U.S., joined Jane Fonda in protesting the war, and
> insulted returning Vietnam vets, claiming they committed atrocities and
> were baby killers. I served in Vietnam (four months). I threw my medals,
> ribbons, or something away in protest. Or did I? My book "Vietnam
> Veterans Against the War: The New Soldier", shows how I truly feel about
> the military. I feel so strongly about this book that I legally blocked
> the
> publisher from reprinting it in the United States.
> I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> COLLEGE:
> I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. Unlike my
> counterpart George Bush, I sought no higher education and was not
> admitted to Harvard nor graduate with an M.B.A.
>
> PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
> After College and Vietnam, I ran for the U.S. Congress and have been
> there ever since. I have no real world experience except marrying very
> rich women and running their companies vicariously through them. I
> served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
> As a U.S. Senator I set the record for the most liberal voting record,
> exceeding even Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton. I have consistently
> failed to support our military and CIA by voting against their budgets,
> thus gutting our country's ability to defend itself. Although I voted
> for the Iraq War, now I am against it and refuse to admit that I voted
> for it. I voted for every liberal piece of legislation. I have no plan
> to help this country but I intend to raise taxes significantly if I am
> elected. I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> My wealth so far exceeds that of my counterpart, George Bush, that he
> will never catch up. I make little or no charitable contributions and
> have never agreed to pay any voluntary excess taxes in Massachusetts,
> despite family wealth in excess of $ 700 million. I served in Vietnam
> (four months).
>
> I (we) own 28 manufacturing plants (Heinz) outside of the U.S. in places
> like Asia, Mexico and Europe. We can make more profit from the cheaper
> cost of labor in those Countries, although I blame George Bush for
> sending all of the other jobs out of Country. I served in Vietnam (four
> months).
>
> Although I claim to be in favor of alternative energy sources, Ted
> Kennedy and I oppose windmills off Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as it
> might spoil our view of the ocean as we cruise on our yachts. I served
> in Vietnam (four months).
>
> RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
> None. However, I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> PERSONAL
> I usually practice my Catholic faith whenever cameras are present.
> I ride a Serotta Bike. I love to ski/snowboard. I call my Gulfstream V
> jet
> the "Flying Squirrel". I call my $850,000 42-foot Hinckley twin-diesel
> yacht the "Scarmouche".
>
> I own several "Large" SUVs including one parked at my Nantucket summer
> mansion, though I am publicly against large, polluting, inefficient
> vehicles and
> blame George Bush for our energy problems. I served in Vietnam (four
> months).
>
> PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING IN 2004.
>
>
>
>
>

SilviaNinja240
10-21-2004, 12:42 AM
wow, that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Bush's experience

sykikchimp
10-21-2004, 06:29 AM
wow, that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Bush's experience

hahahaa.. exactly..

you guys seriously need to give it up. Your desperation is starting to really get annoying.

RJF
10-21-2004, 08:38 AM
I hate checking the lounge, and seeing about 300 threads that belong to RJF and the right wing agenda. Your not gonna sway votes on friggin zilvia.net. T

When the Bush bashing and insulting threads, along with other users (Blu808 - asking about his situation) legitimate threads turn into a Bush-bashing thread, I'll stop posting the TRUTH.

driftstyre
10-21-2004, 09:15 AM
How are you posting the truth? You just posted some fictional story. I hate politics and I hate bush. You need wings to stay above the pile of sheite he has created and continues to feed to this country (and the world).

Bbandit
10-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Strange.. the more you bash Kerry... the more I hate Bush..

sil40sx
10-21-2004, 09:48 AM
i dont think were supposed to trust any politician. at least thats what ive heard.

RJF
10-21-2004, 10:13 AM
There goes the PETA vote. :D

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041021/capt.ohgh10510211406.kerry_ohgh105.jpg

Damn! I broke a nail....better schedule a manicure for this afternoon.

KoukiMonster
10-21-2004, 11:58 AM
bagged and tagged

RBS14
10-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Yea, RJF you need to give up man. This is getting old. Everyone here knows how you feel, thanks to the 54684992819385 other threads you've made about this kind of stuff. You are preaching to the choir of all the bush supporters and making the rest of us want to bang our thumbs with a hammer. getting tired of seeing every other thread be political.

just my thoughts.

speeddreamz
10-21-2004, 06:35 PM
I second that.

evilimport
10-22-2004, 04:37 AM
... I tell everyone who cares that I am honestly very hesitant to even consider a United States of which Kerry is president.
Same here... I love this country and I know Kerry doesnt have what it takes to run it....

SilviaNinja240
10-22-2004, 10:43 AM
http://www.pitt.edu/~connelly/grafx/BushElection.jpg
DEMOCRATS FIGHT!! RAAR!

wootwoot
10-22-2004, 11:39 AM
i love how those who support bush never give reasons to vote for him, just reasons to not vote for kerry. the same thing is going with kerry supporters though. you all fucking suck

AKADriver
10-22-2004, 02:30 PM
i love how those who support bush never give reasons to vote for him, just reasons to not vote for kerry. the same thing is going with kerry supporters though. you all fucking suck

It's truly frightening. I only know a few partisan ideologues that will say with a straight face that either man is a great leader. Most everyone you talk to basically says, "well, I know who I'm not voting for." It's even worse than the 2000 election. It's just sad that our electoral system has broken down to picking the lesser of evils instead of the best person for the job.