PDA

View Full Version : Need help with push button start install

millerchamp
08-10-2017, 09:04 PM
Ok so i have the steering covers off exposed the key tumbler housing and wires to the ignition. There are 6 wires. Black/green, White/Red, Red, Blue, Black/white, and Black/yellow. Now i know that the Black/Yellow is the starter wire. But what are the other 5. I have looked every where and can not find a solid answer. Even the wire diagrams are not telling me, or im not reading them right. All i need to know is what wire is what. 12V constant/ ACC/ On start ready, and start. that is all that i need to know here is a picture of the back of the key tumbler.

mechanicalmoron
08-10-2017, 11:12 PM
I feel like it says on the switch...

Why a push-button?

millerchamp
08-13-2017, 08:34 PM
i had my stolen or lost not sure. So instead of paying 130 USD for a new tumbler and matching keys i payed 30 USD and install a few securtiy switches and main switch.

millerchamp
08-13-2017, 08:39 PM
Update, i have a friend that has a test light that can send power to grounds by connecting directly to the battery with the test light device that has clamps. Touched all the 6 wires on the back of the key tumbler. and sent power to all the grounds found out that the red blue and black/ white wires needed to be connected together as those are the ACC main On/ Dashlights then the black/Yellow wire ran the starter. Kinda funny forgot to take it out of gear and thank god i put the E-Brake on the starter tryed to pull the car haha. i have a video that i will post soon of what i did for install. Took me 5 hours to wire every thing up and drill holes for switches.