PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE Frankenstein

240sxTuck
07-25-2017, 11:01 PM
Hey guys, I've scoured google and the forum already, and haven't found any useful information on this.

I have a 1992 hatchback I'm trying to smog and register (:fawk2: California emissions...), and I think it has some sort of Ka24de frankenstein. The block is for sure out of a S14, its serial number matches up with S14 numbers, plus the EGR solenoid is in the s14's location, and it has an s14 intake manifold and tubing. The problem is that the valve cover is clearly a S13's, and I haven't noticed any empty bolt holes in the head, and everything seems to be matched up cleanly. It's running on OBD1, with all the vac lines and EGR parts properly hooked, I'm confident it'll pass smog & get registered without having to be BAR'd. I'd just like to know what the hell I have going on here, and if this is a common thing (despite the lack of relevant info online). Since i bought it last year, it's been puzzle after puzzle, and a bigger pain in my ass than a broken coccyx.

djdryon
07-26-2017, 12:48 AM
Yeah, it's fairly common, because the blocks are interchangeable

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

240sxTuck
07-26-2017, 12:51 AM
Ok i kinda figured that was the case. Whenever i looked it up, all i found was ka24e head on a DE block

3NDLESS
07-26-2017, 11:17 AM
Shouldn't this mean s14 block + s13 head? S13 valve cover doesnt work on s14 head. Oh and the s14 intake mani doesn't have secondary butterflies. Regardless '92s come w DEs so its fine anyways.