PDA

View Full Version : Nissan S14a / Kouki Help

Beej
06-25-2017, 05:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on the availability of the S14a over here, I believe it's called "Kouki" and "over here" referring to San Diego.

I moved to SD last year from England, mostly for the weather and it generally being a better option compared to a pretty miserable England. But I did have 2 awesome S14a's / Kouki style Nissans that both cost me under £3k. They both had the sr20det engine and I seem to be struggling to find one over here.

The ones I have found are all NA engines, which really confused me because I didn't realize they even made an NA style S14a. All S14a's in England as far as I know were the turbo sr20det engines. Did they only produce them as NA in the West?

Almighty So
06-25-2017, 05:58 PM
Jeez I understand being from another country and all but its hard to believe you've owned a few of these cars and didn't know they were sold with different options in other parts of the world.

Try Wikipedia and then local Craigslist.

lunchmeat
06-25-2017, 06:13 PM
The US only got na ka24 engines, because Nissan hates us.

Beej
06-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Jeez I understand being from another country and all but its hard to believe you've owned a few of these cars and didn't know they were sold with different options in other parts of the world.

Try Wikipedia and then local Craigslist.

What's so hard to believe. I had no reason to check the different variants of S14's were produced in other countries when I owned them in England. And I have tried Craigslist, nothing but NA.

Almighty So
06-25-2017, 06:40 PM
Right, and I've lived in the USA my whole life with na KA s14s but somehow I'm aware that they were in fact sold in different countries with a different motor that even included a turbo! Mind blowing.

Zero_Cool
06-29-2017, 12:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on the availability of the S14a over here, I believe it's called "Kouki" and "over here" referring to San Diego.

I moved to SD last year from England, mostly for the weather and it generally being a better option compared to a pretty miserable England. But I did have 2 awesome S14a's / Kouki style Nissans that both cost me under £3k. They both had the sr20det engine and I seem to be struggling to find one over here.

The ones I have found are all NA engines, which really confused me because I didn't realize they even made an NA style S14a. All S14a's in England as far as I know were the turbo sr20det engines. Did they only produce them as NA in the West?

Ah from across the pond i see. well zilvia if not craigslist will be your best bet. facebook has a few pages for s13/14A, etc. im sure you know that the prices on these vehicles are escalating on a regular. keep frequently looking and youll find what your looking for and you may find a good deal. good luck mate and welcome to California!:)

S14kouki805
06-29-2017, 02:15 PM
You are in for a huge disappointment...Nissan pretty much shafted the US with S14's in only KA24DE guise. You will not find a factory equipped S14 with an SR20 here. All will be swapped and you will need to find a shop willing to pass your smog in CA.

Welcome to California!

FaLKoN240
06-29-2017, 07:43 PM
There's a pretty decent one in your area...

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p=6209997#post6209997

JC831
07-08-2017, 10:54 AM
a sr swapped kouki isnt that hard to find. just gotta find one with a clean swap. looking to buy one?

EDacIouSX
08-31-2017, 12:45 AM
The US only got na ka24 engines, because Nissan commiefornia hates us.

corrected. california emission laws are the most strict in the world.