PDA

View Full Version : 1993 240sx in midwest (WI to be exact) $2500 OBO

Mustangs Suck
10-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Up for sale is a 1993 240sx Maroon Hatchback 5-Speed.

The car has 167,500 miles on it.

The good: It has very new rear and front tires, a new front main seal, very minimal rust (especially for the midwest), and has been maintained very well. Also has a new radiator.

The bad: The front/rear rotors will need replacing soon - I bought used rear rotors to replace my blown ones, but it's time for them to be replaced again in the near future - The rear brake pads are new, and I have a set of brand new front brake pads as well. There is a small oil leak, now I replaced the front main seal, so that's taken care of, but now it seems to be dripping from the driver's side of the motor - I mainly think it's from the oil pan gasket, which is a cheap/easy fix. The previous owner spliced some factory wires when installing the alarm - the alarm was pretty crappy, so I took it out...so now the two lights indicating the A/C and the re-circulate air are on - don't light up (but the functions still work, A/C blows cold) and the rear defroster doesn't work (but the light indicating it's on does) - so you'd have to just dig up the wires and connect them to fix that - not a big deal, just want to make sure EVERYTHING is known to the buyer. The emergency brake doesn't work - when I replaced the rear rotors, I might of knocked a cable loose, or it might of just been it's time to go - either way another cheap fairly easy fix, and not that terribly big of a deal since you can always just park in gear. And lastly, the guy also spliced into the fan wires, SO now when you leave the car running idley for about 20-30 min. it overheats, so to fix that you'd have to find the wires to the fan and look what to do with them to hook it back up to the factory specs. When you drive the car - it sticks to normal operating temp. ONLY when you leave it sitting idley for a good half an hour does it overheat.

Mechanical wise - The car runs well, as I said it leaks oil but does NOT burn it, so it's something with the gasket(s), not the internal engine parts. When it's cold sometimes it's hard to get into reverse, but nothing terrible, when it's warm it shifts smoothly and well. Engine still performs very well.

Interior - Pretty clean, the carpet/seats could use a shampooing as it's a little dirty, but nothing out of the ordinary with an 11 yr. old car. The ONLY tear is about 3 inches long where you put your right foot in the driver's side. The dash is very clean, NO cracks NO dings, and all the vents are in and NONE of them are cracked.

Exterior - Paint still shines when it's washed, but it does have a good handful of dents and dings and a few scrapes (again an 11 yr. old car). VERY minimal rust...only two small bubbles (one on each side) on the bottom of the a-pillar, and two medium bubbles (one on each side) in front of the rear tire on the side-skirt. It's been a WI car all it's life, and considering that, has barely ANY rust.

Performance:
Bee*R Type III 3" full stainless exhaust system (Warning: VERY loud exhaust)
Breather Filter
Cone Intake Filter

Suspension:
Rear Strut Bar

Accessories:
Clear turn signal bumper lenses
Diamond Cut Headlamps with H4 Hyperwhite Bulbs
Red Nismo Seatbelt Pads
Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
Nismo Titan Oil Cap

Stereo:
Sony MDX-8800 Deck

I am located in Franklin, WI

Email at: [email protected] if you want pics or have any other questions.

The asking price is $2500 OBO - I know it's a *little* high, but considering it's in the midwest (which is hard to find) and barely any rust (which is VERY hard to find) it might be worth it to someone, but please remember the OBO - Offer me what you got, even if you think it's a lowball, and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks!

P.S. I don't have the internet right now so bear with me if I don't get back to you right away - still settling in after a move, hopefully be on the internet by the weekend.