PDA

View Full Version : Weird Battery Relocation Problem HELP!!!

hatch4life
06-07-2017, 07:22 PM
I relocated my battery to the trunk of my s13 to make room for intercooler piping, but when I go to turn the key, nothing happens, the ONLY things that work is my headlights, (just the lights themselves not the flipups, turn signals etc) and the fuel pump will prime and the battery light on my dash

Things I have tried/tested so far:
got 12.6 volts from both battery and the power distributor
checked all fuses are still good and made sure everything is plugged in
redid all grounds and connections several times
'jumped' the battery with my truck
borrowed the battery out my brothers jeep to try that
TEMPORARILY removed circuit breaker and power distributor to hardwire it to make sure somehow they didn't go bad

but no luck... can anyone help??

https://imageshack.com/i/po8Y14J7j

tuzzio
06-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Did you check power at the starter? Does your starter relay click?

hatch4life
06-08-2017, 08:28 AM
I will check power from starter when I get home today, not sure about the starter relay clicking
I still need to weld the IC and DP so it's not ready to start yet, however I turned the key to the start position really quick to see and it sounded like it's cranking like normal..

hanzbrady
06-08-2017, 08:35 AM
So just a quick question, is that distribution block just a chunk of "hot" metal with no cover waiting to ground on something? As for some of your accessories not working make sure nothing came loose in the fusebox.

hatch4life
06-08-2017, 08:39 AM
So just a quick question, is that distribution block just a chunk of "hot" metal with no cover waiting to ground on something? As for some of your accessories not working make sure nothing came loose in the fusebox.
there is a clear cover plate, I just took it off for the picture. correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you want a ground off the power distributor right lol

hatch4life
06-08-2017, 09:32 AM
I'm assuming I misunderstood you hanzbrady and you meant that something could rub against it and ground it.. sorry it's been a long night lol

The only somewhat similar issues I can find are the 75A fuse in engine bay which I'm pretty sure was fine or the TCU by the driver side kick panel..

nisileighty
07-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Hey, I ran into similar issues on my coupe.

It turned out that the person I bought my swap from had given me a broken ECU and it wasn't until I plugged my power FC in that it would start.

Check the indicator lamp on the ECU and make sure it's coming on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hatch4life
07-05-2017, 08:31 AM
It turned out that the person I bought my swap from had given me a broken ECU and it wasn't until I plugged my power FC in that it would start.
that's fucked up... anyways it works now, I think some wires were pinched in the fusebox or something.. although I can't be sure because I did a bunch of things at once, I replaced the 75A fuse even though the original one looked fine, ran new wire, ran extra ground wires etc.