PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent coolant temp gauge problem, help?

pjurisprudencia
06-05-2017, 10:34 AM
So I finished up my swap last month, for the passed few weeks I have been trying to figure out why my coolant temp gauge in my factory cluster doesn't want to work. I have replaced my coolant temp sensor 3 times now, 1 used from a spare SR I had and 2 new from "import direct" from an Infinity G20 since a KA one doesn't fit. it's worked once and then quits, and on my second sensor it started to move my needle then stopped right at the first line and died again when I turned my car off. I will be adding an aftermarket gauge but would like all my gauges to work on my factory cluster and this just puzzles me. I checked the harness as best I could and don't see anything out of the ordinary and the cluster worked perfectly fine prior to me pulling my KA out. It's a red top SR of it matters, not stock by any means. Hate making threads like this but I gave myself a few weeks.

LayNLow
06-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Which sensor are you replacing? The two wire or one wire sensor? Your dash uses the one wire sensor, needs to be one for your year/chassis/engine that came in the car.

pjurisprudencia
03-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Which sensor are you replacing? The two wire or one wire sensor? Your dash uses the one wire sensor, needs to be one for your year/chassis/engine that came in the car.

Yeah I’m familiar with the two separate sensors for the gauge and the ecu.
I was replacing the single wire one. I really think I got a bad ground somewhere or a faulty cluster. My speedo doesn’t work either and I used to smack it and it would work but now it’s dead dead.