PDA

View Full Version : trouble with V6 the pathfinder I just bought

transient
10-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Ok, now, i'm writing this after I couldn't get this thing going before work today. UGH! So... here's the deal. It starts pretty easily after I've driven it once in the day, but every morning it's a bitch to get going. If I just turn the key and keep it going it eventually catches a few cylinders and then about 20 cranks later it catches up and gets going and it's fine for the rest of the day and that night. Well, that's what usually happens anyway. This morning it caught a few cylinders but they just stopped firing. I haven't had a chance to check spark on it, but I'm thinking it must be good if it eventually starts right? Maybe a coil is bad or something though? I dunno... any help would be appreciated as I have to get this thing to work and back every day :(. Thanks.

transient
10-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Ok, I went back again during lunch and it didn't start then either. I noticed something, however... I think it's being affected by moisture. Overnight there's dew and today's been really rainy. What could moisture affect like this?

transient
10-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Ok, so I stopped in at autozone (hesitantly) to grab a bottle of starter fluid. I talked to the guy behind the counter for a minute and he confirmed my suspicions that while it may help the car start it's not the safest way to go about it. After explaining the problem to him, however, he seems pretty sure that it's got somethign to do with the cold start valve. It all made sense after he mentioned that, because the times when the car's had trouble starting all have something to do with moisture. Every morning there's dew, and today when it really had trouble starting, it was a really rainy nasty day out. So anyway, I think I'm going to see what I can do about getting that replaced. I'm going to give it one last try to start it tonight, otherwise I'm going to have to take a taxi to work tomorrow or something. That would truly suck.