PDA

View Full Version : G is a SKyline?

mjjstang
10-14-2004, 02:55 PM
ok so i was watching this show and guy goes yah ive got a skyline, well it is a inifiniti g35 but he put a nissan emblem on the front, and skyline rocker strips (is that right, well its the metal strip that goes in your door jamb area, factory ones are plastic) but hes like yah its basically a skyline, I am not into infinities and im not much of a skyline enthusiast but is this guy on crack or am I,

ThatGuy
10-14-2004, 02:57 PM
USDM LHD Infinity G35 = JDM RHD Nissan Skyline. It is not a GTR, but yes it is the new Skyline. Nissan has plans for a new GTR in 2008. Top Secret is already working on one of their own. G35 Chassis, Cima 4.5litre V8, Forced Induction to over 800hp, AWD.

sr240mike
10-14-2004, 02:58 PM
I've seen a bunch of g35's wearing skyline emblems here in the Bay Area.

mjjstang
10-14-2004, 03:11 PM
hmm guess im just uninformed , so is this gonna be the new sr swap in 12 years when we can all afford them.

old_s13
10-14-2004, 03:59 PM
trendy fucks.. thats all it is.

same as people putting silvia badges on their coupes and s14's.... just a bunch of trendy shit.

real men dont put badges on their cars, they de-badge them.

MakotoS13
10-14-2004, 04:21 PM

same as people putting silvia badges on their coupes and s14's.... just a bunch of trendy shit.

hellz yeah, preach it.

SimpleS14
10-14-2004, 04:32 PM
I believe there are minor differences between the two cars (excluding badges)....such as e-brake and sedan taillights.

dct223
10-14-2004, 04:38 PM

haha word... I had a silvia badge on my car... I took them off a while ago.. Makes the car look hella clean...

basicly.. nissan redesigned the skyline which is the G35 in the US... chasis code is V35. They redesigned it so it would use interchangable parts with other nissans in the production line eg.. the vq35 engine that is in a lot of the nissans now... where as the R chassis parts had to be made that was only used on the the skyline so i think that they would lose some money. (my guess why they didnt bring the skyline here to the US, and did bring the fairlady since it used a VG30)

dont quote me on that, just did some reading one day on a website..

Davis

s14srpilot
10-14-2004, 05:49 PM

REAL men have dashes on their cars :keke:

rainier
10-14-2004, 05:49 PM
yeah. its a skyline.

TheSnail
10-14-2004, 05:54 PM
REAL men have dashes on their cars :keke:

No, real men have no dashes, or an Aluminium plate with gauges.

old_s13
10-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Quote: Originally Posted by s14srpilot
REAL men have dashes on their cars

Quote: TheSnail

Dash or no dash, I have a penis.. and regardless if in a 240 or a miata.. girlies will STILL be on my jock... ;)

AKADriver
10-14-2004, 06:28 PM
I believe there are minor differences between the two cars (excluding badges)....such as e-brake and sedan taillights.

the JDM versions don't have the signature Infiniti analog clock. :D

dplxy
10-14-2004, 07:19 PM
http://hobbyworld.aoshima-bk.co.jp/g_library2/FUJ/FUJ03604.jpg

Nissandriver714
10-14-2004, 07:58 PM
USDM LHD Infinity G35 = JDM RHD Nissan Skyline. It is not a GTR, but yes it is the new Skyline. Nissan has plans for a new GTR in 2008. Top Secret is already working on one of their own. G35 Chassis, Cima 4.5litre V8, Forced Induction to over 800hp, AWD.
I HIGHLY doubt it. If you think about it, why would Nissan make something like this? Won't this kill their resale value in the older model skyline? Their other sports cars? That's why car makers only do little upgrades at a time.

ThatGuy
10-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Nissan has already announced that it plans to release a new GTR. I didn't just make that up. The 800hp 4.5l is in the works at Top Secret Japan. Nissan has no say in that one.

jsr20det
10-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Not sure if i'm correct but there was a law in japan that factory produced cars cannot exceed 300hp at the wheel. My friends have told me that that law was removed recently. So now toyota has a new supra in the works, another toyota super car being tested, nissan is getting busy, and now japan is one step closer to dominating asphault across the world.

s14srpilot
10-15-2004, 01:37 AM
Quote: Originally Posted by s14srpilot
REAL men have dashes on their cars

Quote: TheSnail

Dash or no dash, I have a penis.. and regardless if in a 240 or a miata.. girlies will STILL be on my jock... ;)

Okay RICE DICK haha just because you have a penis (you sure about that?) doesn't mean jack shit. Seems like your ego is the only big thing that you have. BTW what makes you think that you're a good driver? :rofl:

SilviaDriver
10-15-2004, 02:00 AM
Okay RICE DICK haha just because you have a penis (you sure about that?) doesn't mean jack shit. Seems like your ego is the only big thing that you have. BTW what makes you think that you're a good driver? :rofl:

how do we know hez a good driver? becuz he says so, has an SR swap, been on zilvia.net since Nov 2001, lives in LA, has 2454 counted post and sells very expensive lights.

dunno
10-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Not sure if i'm correct but there was a law in japan that factory produced cars cannot exceed 300hp at the wheel.

276 bhp

-Matt

S14DB
10-15-2004, 09:46 AM
Not sure if i'm correct but there was a law in japan that factory produced cars cannot exceed 300hp at the wheel. My friends have told me that that law was removed recently. So now toyota has a new supra in the works, another toyota super car being tested, nissan is getting busy, and now japan is one step closer to dominating asphault across the world.
It was a gentlemen's argeement between the major automakers. They violated it a long time ago...

old_s13
10-15-2004, 09:50 AM

why are you all up in my grill?

seriously, i dont mind going at it and verbally embarassing your weak ass.. but are you sure you want to continue?

dont cry when your name gets turned pink..

jsr20det
10-15-2004, 11:30 AM
276 bhp

-Matt
It was a gentlemen's argeement between the major automakers. They violated it a long time ago...

Ah, kk. Thx. I wonder who violated it first? :D

mjjstang
10-15-2004, 11:46 AM
hah, no wonder I was scratching my head in gran tourismo, I was like wtf, did the programmers get lazy and just enter 276 for every supercars HP,

jsr20det
10-15-2004, 12:07 PM
hah, no wonder I was scratching my head in gran tourismo, I was like wtf, did the programmers get lazy and just enter 276 for every supercars HP,

hahaha, i never noticed cuz I was too busy with my escudo. :D:D:D

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
10-15-2004, 02:14 PM
I HIGHLY doubt it. If you think about it, why would Nissan make something like this? Won't this kill their resale value in the older model skyline? Their other sports cars? That's why car makers only do little upgrades at a time.

well in japan theyre selling used r34s for 9k dollars. so the value is already decreased a lot.

brianglawson
10-15-2004, 02:15 PM
hahaha, i never noticed cuz I was too busy with my escudo . :D:D:D
freaking cheater........:)

exitspeed
10-15-2004, 02:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/exitspeed/lastweekmakoto.jpg

OptionZero
10-15-2004, 06:04 PM
From FreshAlloy's Skyilne GT-R forum, it appears as if the new GT-R in '07 will have a VQ32DETT.

Don't ask me why they didn't simply use a 3.5...but their target car is going to be the Porsche Carrera performance wise, but undercutting said car by a hefty chunk of green.

We know Nissan already has a VQ30DETT in their GT300 Fairlady race car. It's the engine from hell:

http://www.nissan-dakar.com/EN/SPECIAL/RACING_VQ/IMAGES/i_04.jpg

I don't know if an engine can look demonic, but that's one that does...

ThatGuy
10-15-2004, 06:19 PM

Does breaking the Forum rules and putting a huge pic in your signature make you a good driver?
400X200 max pic size.
How many times must I explain this. Did you even bother to read the Forum Rules? :smash:
Refresh you memory here. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=21036

nismo2491
10-17-2004, 02:18 PM
actually the 276 bhp thing was a gentlemans agreement between the insurance companies, the gov't, and the car makers and it was violated years ago but to this day its more or less still honored with a few vehicles that are over that mark.

also the top secret car wouldn't even fall under that agreement to whoever said something about that, its not a factory produced car, its the equivalent to a lingenfelter vette, hennessy viper, etc.
KEvin

phrozen
10-17-2004, 10:01 PM
damn i didnt even notive but i guess mine dosent qualify either....

phrozen
10-17-2004, 10:02 PM
its 360x215 is that ok?

JtWo
10-17-2004, 11:59 PM

I Honestly hope they don't call it a supra....it's so fuckin ugly it shouldn't even be a supra concept car.....shit I prefer the mk2 over it -_-

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
10-18-2004, 12:46 AM
they should make a 300 hp toyota prius

jsr20det
10-18-2004, 01:01 AM
I Honestly hope they don't call it a supra....it's so fuckin ugly it shouldn't even be a supra concept car.....shit I prefer the mk2 over it -_-

Last time I checked, it was called something else but had the MK5 title. BTW, u hang around SF by any chance?

dunno
10-18-2004, 01:15 AM
they should make a 300 hp toyota prius

"Toyota will soon introduce a hybrid SUV based on the Lexus RX 330. And we hear that it will set the stage for Toyota's next big hybrid project, a sports car. It makes perfect sense for Toyota, a global leader in hybrid technology, to create a sports car with a hybrid twist. The new-wave Toyota 2+2 (below) is rumored to produce at least 300 bhp, sending power to all four wheels, using a similar system incorporated into the RX 330.
The CS&S concept car displayed at the Geneva auto show was apparently a tease. Rated at only 145 bhp, the CS&S was created to gauge public opinion of a possible hybrid sports car. The reaction from the media and public was good, so Toyota may have decided to go forward with the program. This 300-bhp hybrid sports car would fill the void left by the Supra a few years ago."

(source: Road & Track)

Might be closer than you think.

-Matt

elevator
10-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Infinitis are NOT Skylines. Skyline will NEVER manufacture a LHD automobile. Nissan has stated that they will NOT be selling Skylines with LHD. AND...The New GTr is NOT going to be a Skyline. Skyline no longer makes the GTR. They have moved in a different direction. Life as we know it is over. There is no longer a reason to live.

jsr20det
10-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Infinitis are NOT Skylines. Skyline will NEVER manufacture a LHD automobile. Nissan has stated that they will NOT be selling Skylines with LHD. AND...The New GTr is NOT going to be a Skyline. Skyline no longer makes the GTR. They have moved in a different direction. Life as we know it is over. There is no longer a reason to live.

I have tons of p0rn i'll share with you. :naughty::naughty:

old_s13
10-18-2004, 10:42 AM

Dude shuttup will you.

The GTR has been separated from the Skyline, thats all. We're all just curious as to what the GTR will be. As for G35 vs Skyline, its the same thing as saying Silvia vs 240SX (S13 coupe/S14) or 180SX vs 240SX.. its the same thing but its NOT the same thing for us purists.

WhiteNissanS13
10-18-2004, 11:29 AM
except for the fact that skyline 350Gt there and g35 here have the same engine. unlike silvia and 240sx engine differs. the skyline there also has a lower base model 3 litre engine, 300Gt

AKADriver
10-18-2004, 02:18 PM
And a 2.5L engine for that taxicab-spec goodness.

There are LHD Skylines... the C10 and C110 were sold in Europe as the Skyline 240K... don't believe everything you read. Carlos Ghosn was quoted when he first took the helm as saying he didn't understand why they didn't sell the GT-R on the world market including the USA. He's a car guy who's lucky to be in charge of a car company that can make rapid change (unlike GM, who brought in their own maverick car enthusiast CEO who hasn't been able to affect much in the way of change since GM moves glacially).

JtWo
10-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Last time I checked, it was called something else but had the MK5 title. BTW, u hang around SF by any chance?

Ofcourse I go on sf....lol....I'm always in the interior/exterior department :) but I got banned a few times because one of my "friends" (a mod) decided to ban me just for the hell of it.......so now I'm JtWo :)...btw....what's your user name?

jsr20det
10-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Ofcourse I go on sf....lol....I'm always in the interior/exterior department :) but I got banned a few times because one of my "friends" (a mod) decided to ban me just for the hell of it.......so now I'm JtWo :)...btw....what's your user name?

I'm EnforcerGT on SF. I'm always in Off-Topic. Its the best! :naughtyd: :w00t: :bowrofl: :axe:

Hey btw, whats JtWo?? I googled it and it gave me the Japanese Travel Writer's Organization.

citizen
10-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Japanese
Titty
Watcher
Organization

jsr20det
10-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Japanese
Titty
Watcher
Organization

WHERE DO I SIGN UP????????? :naughty::naughty::wackit:

machoonthetop
10-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Japanese
Titty
Watcher
Organization

do you have to be japanese to join or are you watching japanese titties??? :naughtyd:

ZenkiS14
10-19-2004, 07:10 PM
I've seen a bunch of g35's wearing skyline emblems here in the Bay Area.

Ghey!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ghey: