PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone still going to fly with United Airlines?

Extreme Dimensions
04-10-2017, 03:03 PM
If you haven't read the story, check it out on Google by typing "United Airlines Man Forcefully Removed."

*out of respect for the man who was assaulted on the plane, I'm not going to post up the video here. It's too brutal, but it's readily available online for your own viewing curiousity."

The CEO of United Airlines already responded with some mindless apologetic jargon that sounded so forced, is anyone else feeling a little outraged?

zspeedrft
04-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Only outrage im feeling is about how shitty your parts fit!!!

brndck
04-10-2017, 03:29 PM
real talk tho, I travel regularly for business, and united will have to do some serious house cleaning before i'll send them another dime of my travel budget.

Maxstyle
04-10-2017, 03:38 PM
AIR NIPPON to japan all day. Kills United. Learned that on my say to Japan.

future
04-10-2017, 03:42 PM
I post first "nope"

But mods delete my post. Is this not here to voice our opinions? Why take mine anyway then

EDIT

I responded on the my350 forum not here lol

spooled240
04-10-2017, 04:49 PM
My god if they did that to a family member of mine I would have went ape shit.

I do wonder what the alternative would have been to get him off the plane though. I mean if they just went to the next random person because he didn't want to leave that would not have been fair.

D.Adams
04-10-2017, 05:41 PM

Lmao this made me laugh so hard because its so true.

on the side though, the guy should of listened the FAA doesn't mess around anymore. Absolutely love all the race baiting the comments though.

95_S14
04-10-2017, 09:39 PM

I like this !!!!!!

imotion s14
04-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Brought it on himself.

Almighty So
04-10-2017, 10:40 PM
United Airlines - "flight was overbooked, after searching for volunteers [to exit the flight] one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily so law enforcement was asked to come to the gate."

Brought it on himself? Fuck United and their definition of "volunteer".

lunchmeat
04-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Chicago pd report says he fell. He was flat snatched up out of the chair and dragged off the plane.
Volunteer your seat to an employee or get volunteered by airport cops. Great customer service you got there United.

collegekid
04-11-2017, 08:20 AM
I would say some super violent shit but I already know (or atleast hope) that someone will post up identities of those shitheads that decided to treat any human being in such a way.

I'm realllly hoping people will do more than fucking taking videos.

spooled240
04-11-2017, 10:08 AM
United Airlines - "flight was overbooked, after searching for volunteers [to exit the flight] one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily so law enforcement was asked to come to the gate."

Brought it on himself? Fuck United and their definition of "volunteer".

I'm not saying the manner in which they volunteered his ass off the plane was acceptable, but I will admit that the guy should have just listened and left the plane. The tickets you purchase do stipulate that the airline has the right to kick people off the plane at any moment for any reason. I've been on planes where they asked for a few people to leave because they needed more fuel to fly at a higher altitude over some storm cells that were in the area. Not the airline's fault, it's safety protocol and I personally wouldn't fuck with that lol. Thankfully some people volunteered to take a different flight, but that plane would never have left the ground being over the weight capacity.

I guess I'm playing devil's advocate a bit, but how else would they have removed him from the plane if he refused to leave his seat?

turbronegro
04-11-2017, 10:28 AM
I'm not saying the manner in which they volunteered his ass off the plane was acceptable, but I will admit that the guy should have just listened and left the plane. The tickets you purchase do stipulate that the airline has the right to kick people off the plane at any moment for any reason. I've been on planes where they asked for a few people to leave because they needed more fuel to fly at a higher altitude over some storm cells that were in the area. Not the airline's fault, it's safety protocol and I personally wouldn't fuck with that lol. Thankfully some people volunteered to take a different flight, but that plane would never have left the ground being over the weight capacity.

I guess I'm playing devil's advocate a bit, but how else would they have removed him from the plane if he refused to leave his seat?

They removed a "few" people to save fuel? Like they removed maybe 600 lbs worth of humans to fly over a storm cell? Or by few do you mean like 20 people? That MTOW can be a bitch to us paying customers. Where were you? Denver?

Maxstyle
04-11-2017, 10:33 AM

So the FIA states that a customer can be accommodated up to $1300. The airline stopped at $800. That means they could have possible offered more in order to get someone more willing. And the "overbooking" is an excuse for not preparing flights for their own staff to get back flights on stand-by. So a paying customer was removed for a stand-by customer. There lies another issue.

spooled240
04-11-2017, 10:53 AM
^So let's say the airline raised it to $1,300 and the guy still didn't get off and the plane was over the max take off weight. What should they have done then? Someone had to get off the plane. I'm just trying to think what the proper protocol should have been without using force.

They removed a "few" people to save fuel? Like they removed maybe 600 lbs worth of humans to fly over a storm cell? Or by few do you mean like 20 people? That MTOW can be a bitch to us paying customers. Where were you? Denver?

Few being like 2 people IIRC. I think they were right at the limit. It wasn't just one storm cell, there were several which meant the plane had to fly at a higher altitude the whole flight. And yes, I was in Denver lol maybe the planes take off at a lower weight out there with the altitude? idk

Almighty So
04-11-2017, 11:16 AM
They simply sold tickets for seats they could not accommodate. It had nothing to do with safety or fuel or weight. They overbooked.
A normal airline would accommodate the passenger in some way shape or form.
Not him him in the face and drag him down the aisle.
I'm sure if another passenger was offered some compensation to take his place (considering the only reason he refused was because he was a specialty doctor flying to see a patient) in sure none of this would have had to happen.

turbronegro
04-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Few being like 2 people IIRC. I think they were right at the limit. It wasn't just one storm cell, there were several which meant the plane had to fly at a higher altitude the whole flight. And yes, I was in Denver lol maybe the planes take off at a lower weight out there with the altitude? idk

Ha altitude, maximum take of weight (MTOW), and weather has a lot to do with it. But, removing two people is silly. I dont know how big your plane was but I guess they had cargo that was more important than paying customers haha.

spooled240
04-11-2017, 11:34 AM
It was one of those smaller 717's. If they did need to get someone off for cargo they sure sold it well lol

They simply sold tickets for seats they could not accommodate. It had nothing to do with safety or fuel or weight. They overbooked.
A normal airline would accommodate the passenger in some way shape or form.
Not him him in the face and drag him down the aisle.
I'm sure if another passenger was offered some compensation to take his place (considering the only reason he refused was because he was a specialty doctor flying to see a patient) in sure none of this would have had to happen.

I know, I was just saying for the sake of argument because this does happen often where they need to kick passengers off the plane for whatever reason.

Maxstyle
04-11-2017, 11:35 AM
^So let's say the airline raised it to $1,300 and the guy still didn't get off and the plane was over the max take off weight. What should they have done then? Someone had to get off the plane. I'm just trying to think what the proper protocol should have been without using force.

This was not a weight thing. This was a necessity to get a crew of 4 united workers to the other airport to catch their flights. No weight would be saved by removing 4 passengers and replacing them with 4 employees unless they were very fit.

SSJ-S15
04-11-2017, 11:39 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9I76tfXgAA9Fzl.jpg:large

JM216S14
04-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Ill still fly if its cheaper.. Ill take the risk, if I get told to leave Ill just not throw a fit and make a scene..

spooled240
04-11-2017, 11:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVQcXR2HVhw

S14kouki805
04-11-2017, 01:40 PM

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :facepalm::facepalm: