PDA

View Full Version : NEED GT2871r INSTALL GUIDE!

Cbkouki
03-21-2017, 01:39 AM
Hey new to the forum I have a s14 Sr20det and recently picked up a gt2871r and would love to find or have a install guide with list of materials needed! Thanks

TheRealSy90
03-21-2017, 02:19 AM
This is well documented on many forums. So, no.

G-Sep
03-21-2017, 05:42 AM
http://www.frsport.com/Turbo-Line-Install-and-Reference_t_56.html

Frank_Jaeger
03-21-2017, 07:26 AM
unbolt the bolts, take off old turbo, put on turbo, bolt the bolts

sticky?

apex128
03-21-2017, 09:20 AM
All you have to do is remove the intake, unbolt the elbow from the turbo, remove any lines (oil drain, feed, coolant, boost controller), and unbolt the turbo. You might have to take the turbo manifold off as well in order to gain access to the turbo especially if you have a bottom mount manifold. Then just reverse the process but obviously use the new turbo instead. You may want to pour a little oil in the turbo feed before you install it so that the turbo has oil.

Cbkouki
03-21-2017, 09:59 AM
This is well documented on many forums. So, no.

Been searching for hours have yet to find a guide lol

Cbkouki
03-21-2017, 10:01 AM
unbolt the bolts, take off old turbo, put on turbo, bolt the bolts

sticky?

Turbo came with tools to "clock" then dealing with correct fittings for lines as well is what I need help on

Cbkouki
03-21-2017, 10:02 AM
All you have to do is remove the intake, unbolt the elbow from the turbo, remove any lines (oil drain, feed, coolant, boost controller), and unbolt the turbo. You might have to take the turbo manifold off as well in order to gain access to the turbo especially if you have a bottom mount manifold. Then just reverse the process but obviously use the new turbo instead. You may want to pour a little oil in the turbo feed before you install it so that the turbo has oil.

I understand the basic concept of removing turbo but as far as my installing capability I would like some step by step and how to's to correctly install this turbo

A DOG 406
03-21-2017, 12:32 PM
make sure the new turbo is clocked to the same as the old turbo. Then as long as the intake and exhaust is the same it will literally bolt right in. just go for it