PDA

View Full Version : fake bride review

SilviaDriver
10-11-2004, 10:30 PM
here is a review on a scooby forum

thought you guys might be interested since there was a thread abou tthis a couple weeks ago

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635600&highlight=bride+ebay

aa87
10-12-2004, 06:33 AM
So these will bolt up to bride brackets? Im very very tempted to get these, and this review seems to help.

tastyratz
10-12-2004, 09:11 AM
I had a set and they felt well made as far as im concerned. I thought they were the real thing and didnt wanna believe anyone for awhile BECAUSE of the quality. The stitches werent very straight as said in his review but my take on it was that these were factory rejects and it wasnt something you really noticed if you werent looking for it. another thing i noticed after awhile with mine is that in the fabric I started seeing "whiskers" over time. There were little pieces that you noticed in there that had absolutely no color and were clear which in the way they were it made me think the material is also synthetic (althoguh it was damn nice! it smelled like real suede too though...) Other thing is because its a knock off I also worried about things like safety if I got into an accident how solid were they built to resist impact... that seemed like a gamble to me for the most part...

memphiss13
10-12-2004, 09:20 AM
ok i installed my seats this past weekend. i ordered the bride rails for them from motorex for the driver and passenger side. neither one of the plates that go on the bottom of the seat lined up perfectly. we actually had to make new holes b/c the seat was to far towards the outside of the car and wouldn't make it over the door sill. had to move the holes over about 1.5 inches. not really a big deal. but if you don't have access to good tools you might have wanted this little bit of info. luckily i was at my friends house and he had a drill press and stuff so he hooked them up for me.

otherwise i am loving these seats. i hit up a few backroads and i only had the driver seat installed with the stock passenger. my passenger was all over the place while i was held in tight.

i give these seats 3.5 out of 5 stars b/c of the fact that they didn't bolt up perfectly to the bride rails and i don't know how durable they will be. seems like they will be ok. i got the cloth with no labeling on them.

pruto
10-12-2004, 09:24 AM
$20 sliders? harness belt opening that moves around? that sounds perfectly safe.

you get what you pay for.

why hasn't tee's usa taken action?

Heartwork
10-12-2004, 09:59 AM
wow, look at that crappy stitching.....

i've sat in an eBay Brix II seat and its like any other knock off: stiff padding material and hurts like hell....

but then again Brixx II are very very different from my Brix I

memphiss13
10-12-2004, 10:18 AM
$20 sliders? harness belt opening that moves around? that sounds perfectly safe.

you get what you pay for.

why hasn't tee's usa taken action?

i do agree, you get what you pay for. no way i would run this seat if i were planning to run a harness with it. that part is definitely cheaply made. but i still have to say they are a huge improvement over my stock s13 seats that would leave me with back pain after driving from the lack of padding and no bolstering at all.

tastyratz
10-12-2004, 10:51 AM
i got sore just looking at those seats i knew i couldnt drive them daily. tees usa is taking action i called them to see if mine were real or not and they told me alot of identifying features they didnt include. the tag was wrong on the side with the writing, the little spin adjustment knob on the side was also different and they never offered alcantara material no matter what anywhere period. the guy i talked to over at tees told me they had some they were taking apart and examaning and said they "werent as thick" internally and those other features. he also told me that legal action is already being pushed...

old_s13
10-12-2004, 11:17 AM
1) why would anyone want to purchase something that is a COMPLETE knock-off? its one thing to buy a no-name seat that looks sporty, its another to buy one with BRIDE written all over it. this applies to body kits, wheels, etc.. i think its truly PATHETIC when companies sell products that are knock-offs.. and even worse when people SUPPORT companies selling such rubbish.

2) Just think, he paid 500 or so for the pair.. not sure if that came with sliders or not. BUT, most people can get R32 Skyline GT-R seats for about 600/pair. Nice buy, JAGOFF. Not only are you supporting the sale of cheap shit, and fixing up your car with cheap shit, but you're getting ripped off at the same time.

3) A good quality seat is not only comfortable and lasts a long time, but will also help protect you in an accident.

This thread makes me want to puke.. almost as much as the crooked stitching on that seat.

ps: just noticed that was on a Impreza forum, but it doesnt matter.. because if we apply this universal seat to us.. we can still get R32's for our application. As for what fits them, who cares. Just dont buy cheap shit, period.

RBS14
10-12-2004, 03:49 PM
I'm gonna start buying altezzas and putting little "clearcorners.com" stickers on them and put led bulbs in them and make a mill........ hahahha ripoffs are sweet! :hsdance:

and not to mention........ that blue is horrible.

MakotoS13
10-12-2004, 04:32 PM
i got my corbeau A4's for 575 shipped with brackets. they were used but in good shape and i only really saved like 200 bones. i have enough safety concerns without skimping on the essentials.

wootwoot
10-12-2004, 10:31 PM
offtopic but this IS offtopic and all, but how is the quality of the corbeaus?? how is the fit? they are what iam really looking at for seats. how was installing?

Heartwork
10-12-2004, 11:59 PM
IMO, i think Corbeaus are not that great....thin padding that wears out fast, fraying fabric within a year, and realllllly wide for me (i'm 5'5" 150, 34" waist) and its still BIG

also, i think Corbeaus are not FIA approved anymore

evilimport
10-13-2004, 01:32 AM
1) why would anyone want to purchase something that is a COMPLETE knock-off? its one thing to buy a no-name seat that looks sporty, its another to buy one with BRIDE written all over it. this applies to body kits, wheels, etc.. i think its truly PATHETIC when companies sell products that are knock-offs.. and even worse when people SUPPORT companies selling such rubbish.

2) Just think, he paid 500 or so for the pair.. not sure if that came with sliders or not. BUT, most people can get R32 Skyline GT-R seats for about 600/pair. Nice buy, JAGOFF. Not only are you supporting the sale of cheap shit, and fixing up your car with cheap shit, but you're getting ripped off at the same time.

3) A good quality seat is not only comfortable and lasts a long time, but will also help protect you in an accident.

This thread makes me want to puke.. almost as much as the crooked stitching on that seat.

ps: just noticed that was on a Impreza forum, but it doesnt matter.. because if we apply this universal seat to us.. we can still get R32's for our application. As for what fits them, who cares. Just dont buy cheap shit, period.
I think you are right, but the fact of the matter is...there are A LOT of cheapass people out there and unfortunantly they are the ones keeping the knock-off companies in business...and taking from the kickass companies out there...

tastyratz
10-13-2004, 07:22 AM
this is true but im glad im not one of them. i was one of the people who was just screwed thinking they were real! i got rid of em and now ive got 03 celica seats instead and feel alot better with them.

old_s13
10-13-2004, 10:08 AM
I think you are right, but the fact of the matter is...there are A LOT of cheapass people out there and unfortunantly they are the ones keeping the knock-off companies in business...and taking from the kickass companies out there...

cheap companies in my opinion, NEVER take away from the real kickass companies. actually, they HELP because most customers eventually get tired of buying bullshit and will step up to buying a quality product.

when people are cheap, they will be cheap with everythng they buy.. which means they never were in the market for anything good. this is what separates the men from the boys.

RBS14
10-13-2004, 11:53 AM
^^^^^

very well said.

I concur on what was said about corbeau seats, they are cool for the first year. that's only if you like hard padding too. then they start to wear out, not as cheaply made as like the frake brides, but not near the level of the higher end Sparcos or real Brides. They are not fia homologated either.

Inland180
10-15-2004, 01:04 PM
ive personally sat on cheap seats like these and they are not comfortable at all plus material of seat is really crappy.