PDA

View Full Version : 1990 240sx hatch SR20DET w/386 whp 5.5k

rcviper
10-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Well this was my second car that I rarely drive, and I let my buddy drive it and he ended up putting a hole in the block. So the car now has a blown engine. I might put a another SR in the car, then I'll be asking around 7200 for it. I personally have over 12k in receipts for this car, 9k in receipts are just under the engine bay alone. Not to mention all the other exterior features of the car like newer paint and absolutely immaculate redone interior.

Here are the specs on the car:

Chassis has 72k on it (lowest you will probably ever find on a 90)

Specs of the Engine:

-Sr20det
-Custom top-mount turbo manifold
-T04E turbonetics turbo
-Spearco intercooler
-Dual Core Radiator
-Electric Fan (removed stock fan on pulley)
-Greddy Type-S blow off valve
-HKS fuel pump
-550 RC injectors
-Custom top-feed fuel rail
-Paxton fuel pressure regulator
-Power steering still working
-A/C Compressor there but not hooked up
-Turbonetics wastegate
-2-1/2 in custom exhaust piping with Hyame' Muffler
-SDS stand-alone engine management system
-Spec 4 Puck Clutch
-Nismo lightened flywheel
-S13 LSD

SUSPENSION & BRAKES

-Brembo cross drilled rotors rear & Brand new Front brakes w/ Axxis semi metallic brake pads
-Tokico struts and 1.5 lowering springs
-17" Velox gunmetal wheels with polished lip and newer tires

EXTERIOR & INTERIOR

-Custom interior with newly recovered seats and door panels in dark gray/red vinyl
-CD player
-Alpine speakers all the way round
-Red Weapon-R 4 point harness
-Blitz turbo timer and boost controller custome installed underneath ther radio
-Erebuni body kit w/ side skirts and rear bumper molded into the body of the car
-New paint job burgandy with red & gold pearl and prizmetic flake

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/rcviper/album_pic1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/rcviper/11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/rcviper/44.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/rcviper/new5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/rcviper/22.jpg

rcviper
10-11-2004, 12:56 AM
PLEASE NOT THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT WHEELS ON THE CAR CURRENTLY
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/rcviper/Silvia/1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/rcviper/Silvia/2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/rcviper/Silvia/3.jpg

sickdoode
10-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Nice car, make your friend buy it

CHASE86
10-12-2004, 03:42 PM
My dad and I drove this car and there was no way it had that much hp. :bs: It wouldn't even spinn the tires in 1st. Also it had a nasty exhaust leak and a POS suspension and brakes. This car was thrown together.

Driftspeed.com
10-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Well this was my second car that I rarely drive, and I let my buddy drive it and he ended up putting a hole in the block. So the car now has a blown engine.

I'll have to agree with the BS flag, all these mods and a turbo swap on a SDS + FPR is asking for trouble. Plus the fact that anyone can just get in a car that was put together decent and drive it spiritedly is normal, however this isn't the case. How much boost was the car running when it cried uncle? Not dogging on the car, Just stating the obvious. I'd hate to see a kid have his mom buy it, and put a perfectly decent engine setup that would need better management, to waste.

rcviper
10-12-2004, 10:43 PM
I hate ignorant people (chase). If you knew anything about cars I told you exactly where the exhaust leak was and it was fixed like 2 days after you drove it. It was a fucking 10 dollar exhaust gasket between the turbo and the exhaust manny. And you wonder why the car didn't spin the tires? No exhaust was getting to the turbo. Car ran cherry. The car has been professionaly tuned and I have receipts for it if anyone would like to see them. As stated before my buddy was driving the car and I have no idea what he did as he wouldn't tell me and how much boost it was running.

This isn't just tossed together, the tuning alone cost 400 bucks which is documented. Also what better management is needed? Car gets plenty of fuel and it is running around 12 on the wideband.

Why don't you ask Chase about the 1000 non-refundable deposit he gave me to hold the car for 2.5 MONTHS to soon beg and cry to get it back. Well I should say his father, because he was too much of a little girl to call me and talk to me about it. Never spoke to the 16 year old kid once, dad did the paying and the talking. :ghey:

And as far as suspension and brakes? Why don't you ask Fred, the ADMIN from nissaninfiniticlub.net who came and personally drove the car after the new brakes and exhaust gasket was fixed? He will more than vouch for the fact that the car was extremely solid when he drove it.

paikman
10-12-2004, 11:16 PM
i cant vouch since ive never seen in person, but I can tell things from how someone builds, components they use, and the seemingly regular care they show. It doesn't seem like anything this guy builds would be just "thrown together" The cars arent entirely my style for either one, but def a lot of money and time has been invested to build quality cars. so bump!

rcviper
10-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Thank you for the visualization paikman, it is appreciated!

Driftspeed.com
10-13-2004, 01:20 AM
I understand the miscommunication...the turbo/exh. fitting can always be a pain with the amt of stress put on it, you get that horrible screechy noise sometimes too. I bet your friend cranked up the boost... :wtc:

rcviper
10-13-2004, 07:29 AM
I bet he probably did, and the sad part is is that he "was" my best friend. He commenced to blow up the car and leave it sit where it blew up hours away from home leaving me to go and get it. I had to pay 962 bucks to get it out of impound, absolutely unbelievable, you think you really know people and you have no idea. :fawk2:

nlzmo400r
10-13-2004, 01:32 PM
I hate ignorant people (chase). If you knew anything about cars I told you exactly where the exhaust leak was and it was fixed like 2 days after you drove it. It was a fucking 10 dollar exhaust gasket between the turbo and the exhaust manny. And you wonder why the car didn't spin the tires? No exhaust was getting to the turbo. Car ran cherry. The car has been professionaly tuned and I have receipts for it if anyone would like to see them. As stated before my buddy was driving the car and I have no idea what he did as he wouldn't tell me and how much boost it was running.

This isn't just tossed together, the tuning alone cost 400 bucks which is documented. Also what better management is needed? Car gets plenty of fuel and it is running around 12 on the wideband.

Why don't you ask Chase about the 1000 non-refundable deposit he gave me to hold the car for 2.5 MONTHS to soon beg and cry to get it back. Well I should say his father, because he was too much of a little girl to call me and talk to me about it. Never spoke to the 16 year old kid once, dad did the paying and the talking. :ghey:

And as far as suspension and brakes? Why don't you ask Fred, the ADMIN from nissaninfiniticlub.net who came and personally drove the car after the new brakes and exhaust gasket was fixed? He will more than vouch for the fact that the car was extremely solid when he drove it.
just thought id mention, im a member on NICO, and Fred has told me how nice your car is, and how much he likes it

rcviper
10-13-2004, 11:21 PM
:) Thank you nlzmo for your assurance of the quality of the car, I'm trying to get new pics up asap!

rcviper
10-15-2004, 10:05 PM
1 new pic I found, and no it wasn't in the contest. This was the show right before she went to heaven :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/rcviper/red.jpg

CHASE86
10-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Haha are you serious? I mean c'mon, the brakes were a complete joke and it took a lot of room to stop the car. Also the suspension was very harsh and noisy as same for the chassy. Your an idiot and don't even work on your cas at all. All you do is throw mad $$$ in your cars and they turn out retarded and shitty. Then you decide to sell them and every person that drives them never buys them b/c they know its a POS. Get a life and pay back your debts. :mrmeph:

rcviper
10-18-2004, 08:25 PM
I'll believe someone who actually knows about cars, because you don't. You are 16 or 17 years old, but I'm sure you're a veteran at drag racing, kart racing, rally racing, and road course racing. :jerkit: I'll take the word of someone who actually has experience with cars that say the car is sound. Please continue to bash me because you fucked me over. Show me any person that has a head on there shoulders that would be nice enough as me to give back your 850 bucks of a non refundable deposit even when I could have sold the car 6 months ago but no, I waited for your dumbass.

But people that have a head on their shoulders will actually read the cars mods and what others have said about it and take that into consideration, not what a little kid says. Thanks for the input though, and your welcome for being over generous to you, please continue to put my thread back to the top. :bigok:

By the way, this car is pending a deposit so it is pretty much sold