PDA

View Full Version : Running S14 Engine Harness Through Firewall

Jefro240
02-04-2017, 11:56 AM
As the Title says... S14 I acquired seems to have the engine harness pinched in behind the heater box/intake assembly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/Jedi_Car_Fan/S14/20170204_133558_HDR_zpsodv5kzve.jpg

Is this how people do it on the S14 or was the previous owner just a moron? Can it not be ran down the side like on the S13? There is no way to remove the harness without removing the dash & the heater assembly it seems because there is no friggin way the harness & plugs will fit through that tiny opening.

SteeleBrothersDrifting_Mike
02-05-2017, 05:59 PM
It can be a pain but the harness is supposed to route that way. Once you pull the boot out you have to feed it up and out into the engine bay. remove carpet and having 2 people helps

LoSt180
02-13-2017, 11:27 AM
It's definitely tight behind there. I didn't remove my dash, but when I did my swap I loosened all the fan/heater assemblies and pulled it away from the firewall enough to route the harness in place. It's a pain for sure. That picture looks fine, but I think that harness ziptie clips onto that threaded stud, if you're being particular about it.

solo_ryder
02-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Do you have ABS? If not then be thankful because with that damn ABS module in the way it took me hours to get a new harness in. It can be done but it takes alot of time and having a extra guy feeding it in (or pulling out) and someone inside pulling (or feeding it outside) will make a huge difference.