PDA

View Full Version : JDM Turn Signal Question

aymaeid
01-23-2017, 07:49 AM
After completing my Zenki>Kouki front end swap i realized the JDM signals i had purchased were missing their JDM wiring harness. After much searching, i realized i could use the oem zenki sidemarkers/ bulbs in the jdm lights. They fit perfectly! and work. unfortunately too fast. The blink rate is WAY too fast. probably twice as fast as normal. I'm looking to slow this down without having to purchase a jdm wiring harness. (especially since i cut my usdm pigtails too close like a jackass)

any help is always appreciated.

edit: i attempted to buy a second set of 194 bulbs and wire them to the harness. the blink rate on both bulbs is still fast.

feito
01-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Autozone sells a turn signal flasher that is compatible with led bulbs. Either way, it solves that problem. Go to The AZ website and look for a flasher for your car and make sure it says it works for LED lights. It will still be just a little faster than normal, but it works and it's cheap.
I believe i figured this out doing a little research when i switched to my jdm bumper, so next time do a little more research.

andisan
01-23-2017, 10:35 AM
Yeah I bought that led flasher from auto zone and it solved my problem

It was easy fix to be honest

aymaeid
01-23-2017, 11:12 AM
thank you gentleman