View Full Version : High surging idle issues

Jerseyzillest
01-17-2017, 10:02 AM
My sr20 with a bad idle, I tried finding similar videos online but I couldn't really find someone with the same idle problem. It seems like after the engine is warm the idle kinda sorta levels out but it still idles fairly high. Only mod is T28 turbo ISR manifold, ecu is #62. Cleaned my IACV, also replaced spark plugs, i'm trying to narrow everything down so I don't just throw parts on the car. I don't think it's the MAF but I could be wrong. Also I tried adjusting the screw on the IACV and the idle still remains high.

Heres a video of the car idling , then mad unplugged, then plugged in again and a few revs.

https://youtu.be/GXS753vpqPc

Nissan2nr22
01-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Replace your coolant temp sensor and see what happens
Check timing
Run ECU codes

Is there any smoking when that happens from exhaust?

Jerseyzillest
01-17-2017, 05:30 PM
Replacing the coolant temp sensor tomorrow and checking the tps as well.

Yes the car is running rich, black smoke when I rev.

And the only code coming up on the ECU is 55 which means no codes so that checks out fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cotbu
01-18-2017, 06:12 AM
Seems likes the overcool rhythmic loop. Do you have coolant lines connected to the throttle body and iacv?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Jerseyzillest
01-18-2017, 06:54 AM
Seems likes the overcool rhythmic loop. Do you have coolant lines connected to the throttle body and iacv?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

I have to double check, I didn't do the swap so I'm not sure what's where, still fairly new to sr20s.

However first thing I'll be trying today is changing my coolant temp sensor/cleaning my maf and I'll check those coolant lines make sure they are tight.

Jerseyzillest
01-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Alright found the issue, it was the TPS and mix of the MAF. Cleaned the MAF and adjusted the TPS. No more idle surge and idles around 900 RPM.