PDA

View Full Version : Spongy brakes after using ebrake

Itsuki Takeuchi
01-11-2017, 11:40 AM
As the title stats.

Was out drifting for a good hour in the snow. And noticed after using the parking brake/ebrake, my foot/pedal has gotten real soft. I have to pump.

No fluid lose.

Second time it's happened to me.

I just bleeed the brakes and it's fine till the next time I start ripping the ebrake.

Am I just causing air pockets in the brake lines?

Also the vacuum line for the booster to the intake is connected with no damage.

Thanks for any insight on this issue

93 Nissan 240sx fastback. Stock ebrake and no hydro

Nissan2nr22
01-12-2017, 07:06 AM
Sounds like the caliper is sticking or pins, one of the rears. Take them off and inspect them, clean the pins, regrease them, clean the hole, check the caliper seals, etc, if its been happening for a while you should be able to tell from looking at your rotor and pads if its been sticking too.

Rear calipers with the bracket are like $60 at advance freshly remanufactured.

firejackal
01-14-2017, 09:36 PM
I second on rear calipers need rebuilt especially if your still using the cable ebrake setup.

For me it's always oddly the driver side that needs rebuilt, did it on my s14, and crx.
For the ebrake mechanism there are some seals that can leak in air, or leak out fluid if they went bad.

You can buy a rebuild kit for I think $20 but it doesn't include a new piston, just the seals and c-clamp. It would be more financially feasible for you to get a already rebuilt one, or ditch the cable way of operating the ebrake.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk