PDA

View Full Version : car crushing

dori2 s13coupe
10-06-2004, 09:41 PM
so since oct 1. if you are caught street racing the police can take your car and take it to a crushing machine while you watch.

nightwalker
10-06-2004, 09:48 PM
how about a link or something?

crioten
10-06-2004, 09:50 PM
sounds like bullshit.....no way they could legaly do that....

unless you have proof?

Dutchmalmiss
10-06-2004, 09:55 PM
that's absurd. i thought the most they could to is impount or de-modify your car.

crioten
10-06-2004, 10:10 PM
its almost like saying, you fucked a minor in your house...now watch it burn to the ground as firemen set it ablaze

ThatGuy
10-06-2004, 10:17 PM
so since oct 1. if you are caught street racing the police can take your car and take it to a crushing machine while you watch.
its almost like saying, you fucked a minor in your house...now watch it burn to the ground as firemen set it ablaze

Both sound like excellent ideas to me. Of course I hate street racing and have 2 daughters, so my judgment may be a little biased.

mrmephistopheles
10-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Both sound like excellent ideas to me. Of course I hate street racing and have 2 daughters, so my judgment may be a little biased.

1 and a half, dude. You can't count your chickens before hatch.

ThatGuy
10-06-2004, 10:22 PM
1 and a half, dude. You can't count your chickens before hatch.

D'oh. Nice catch. Only about a month left, though. :D :D :D

Dousan_PG
10-06-2004, 10:23 PM
its going to be on the 10 oclock news on FOX 11 LA

had a quick blurp on the news preview here while im watching BERNIE MAC

mrmephistopheles
10-06-2004, 10:24 PM
they'd been talking about that in SD for about the past 2 years.

rainier
10-06-2004, 10:51 PM
theyve been talking about so much stuff in san diego. never did shit but issue tickets and tow.

i remember on the news i read if you are caught theyll tow your car and then you would have to pay the KBB value to get it out.

rainier
10-06-2004, 10:52 PM
oh yeah and plus we shouldnt even be street racing. just ' drifting ' haha

dori2 s13coupe
10-06-2004, 10:56 PM
yeah dousan is right.. the preview reminded me.. but it was told by my sociology teacher who is the head of the depart ment

Dousan_PG
10-06-2004, 11:07 PM
crushing in van nuys
show a 'mustang built for speed'
zoom in on air filter! oh shit! filters cant be stock!

signs of street racers?
defi guage
exhaust
sways...education in the OC for cops! d'oh

fuckin retarded
give us people who drive NORMAL on city streets the chance to be stereo typed and lose our cars

more reason to get a daily driver and if you rock your track car on the street..stock exhaust!

TK
10-06-2004, 11:15 PM
crushing in van nuys
show a 'mustang built for speed'
zoom in on air filter! oh shit! filters cant be stock!

signs of street racers?
defi guage
exhaust
sways...education in the OC for cops! d'oh

fuckin retarded
give us people who drive NORMAL on city streets the chance to be stereo typed and lose our cars

more reason to get a daily driver and if you rock your track car on the street..stock exhaust!

looks like we watched the same story on the news aaron..

honestly, i don't mind about the car crushing on street racers. personally i'm against street racing and anyone that gets caught for it deserves what they get. As far as having the police being taught even more about automotive performance parts, its like going back to the 90's where imports were pulled over almost like a daily ritual. its sad that some of us automotive enthusiast get stereotyped into being "street racers" when its just a hobby that we love and live by.

makes me glad i have a stock car that i can drive every day wihle i slowly build up my car

Dousan_PG
10-06-2004, 11:17 PM
agreed

im all for it for STREET RACING car crushing.

but if im daily driving around town shifting at 3 k regularly and i get pulled over for one reason or another..thats bullshit
but i should have a second car shortly so....heh..no worries (for the most part)

such is life in california.

Brian
10-06-2004, 11:29 PM
hmm i missed it.

so police look for Defi gauges and sway bars?

what the hells.

ridiculous.

HyperTek
10-06-2004, 11:30 PM
just saw that on fox 11 news... FAWKING STREET RACERS!!

HyperTek
10-06-2004, 11:33 PM
second thought on that special.. everyone looked the same!!! minorities... I understand the need to be strict, cuz its the only way to teach people, but thats going to hurt the true enthusiest good guys...

rainier
10-06-2004, 11:33 PM
jus saw it. they are dumb.

Dousan_PG
10-06-2004, 11:36 PM
goddamn

lauren sanchez is fawking hot

Brian
10-06-2004, 11:40 PM
funbags-a-gogo

dori2 s13coupe
10-06-2004, 11:46 PM
hey dousan.. did u get my pms?

Dousan_PG
10-06-2004, 11:47 PM
yeah but a few problems
waiting for a guy to get back to me..he wanted most everything
andi have no way of asap haha
takes me a long time, im very busy so its really tough
sorry dood
you might check w/ drift freaq if you need it fast!

rancid240
10-07-2004, 12:07 AM
goddamn

werd :rawk: :rawk:

nocomedown
10-07-2004, 12:14 AM
i sure as hell hope i have no daughters running around, but i'd still tend to agree with you on these topics.

TK
10-07-2004, 12:14 AM
goddamn

she's a milf and :hitit:

HyperTek
10-07-2004, 12:24 AM
i was just htinking.. some fucks are gonna still abuse this.. then pretty soon, its gonna be "get cuaght with mods, and your car gets crushed.." ....

HyperTek
10-07-2004, 12:29 AM
but no ones gonna listen.. companies are still gonna advertise "go fast" goodies, sexy women, tv shows addressing "the lifestyle street racer"... companies gonna make mad cash... teens gonna bring his homies into it.

I think we are doomed.. already got drifting and "mountain drifting" as sceen on tv....

old_s13
10-07-2004, 12:54 AM
you guys are fucking tards.

i cought that on the news mid-day today after people's court on channel 9, they were basically talking about STREET RACING.. not racing another car, but organized STREET DRAG RACING. They were saying how in the valley off of Haskell or whatever, the other day there were many cars performing organized street racing.. I mean, they even had a flag guy.

SO... what does this all mean and how the fuck does it apply to me? It doesnt, thats how. Because I dont do that bullshit.

There is a difference between:

1) speeding
2) exibition of speed
3) organized street racing

I can understand if they seize your car for street racing and destroy it. However, this cannot apply to 1 and 2. I know they can TOW and IMPOUND your car for #2, but obviously #1 is a simple traffic violation.

they're basically stripping kids from their cars, thats all. kids who are into the trend of drag racing. those who are more mature about how they fix up and drive their car have little to worry about. i dont drag race, i just drive hard and enjoy driving my car in the mountains.

nightwalker
10-07-2004, 12:56 AM
you know what? from 96-98, street racing was the best darned thing in my young life. Then the F&F idiots hit, and it went downhill from there. It's funny, because there use to be doctors that would show up in their monster V8, chill and talk cars with everyone. Some guys even trailed cars out there. When the cops showed up, they would zoom through with their lights on, then dissapear. Everyone was calm, kicked it, and sportmanship was abundant. If you were an idiot, people let you know. Obviously the average IQ of the people attending these things have dropped DRASTICALLY!

...but nowadays I'm all for stricter street racing laws, just not rediculous ones. The kids nowadays are just plain dumb.

S14DB
10-07-2004, 10:13 AM
What ever happened to you right to due process? Day in court anybody? I kinda like the system of checks and balances. Not some cop that wants to have a car crushing orgy.

urbanimpakt
10-07-2004, 11:21 AM
What ever happened to you right to due process? Day in court anybody? I kinda like the system of checks and balances. Not some cop that wants to have a car crushing orgy.

agreed.....

Var
10-07-2004, 11:47 AM
First of all..

http://www.oyemag.com/images/lauren1.jpg

Booyah.. hell yes she is hot

second..this is going to open the FLOOD GATES OF HELL(for lawsuits) .

I'd like to see this actually happen. LA justice system is getting out of hand

WhiteNissanS13
10-07-2004, 01:29 PM
things are just getting way outta hand, who still street races anyways, cause in sd the complete street racing scene is DEAD

s14falcon
10-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Obviously the average IQ of the people attending these things have dropped DRASTICALLY!

...but nowadays I'm all for stricter street racing laws, just not rediculous ones. The kids nowadays are just plain dumb.

Yeah, I'm here in florida, so i dont know whats goin on out in cali, but speaking of dumb people, like a week ago here these people were street racing with 4 people in a camaro. They crashed and 3 of them died that night. Its things like that that make the stricter legislation pass.

zaneithan
10-07-2004, 02:24 PM
oh yea what a bright fucking idea, give kids more of an excuse to run from the law

Var
10-07-2004, 02:32 PM
oh yea what a bright fucking idea, give kids more of an excuse to run from the law

seriously..If a cop was to impound my car with the intention of crushing it i would go postal and hurt him or try to run.

*note* i wouldnt be street racing in the first place but IF it were to happen.

Salty_X
10-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Beat up the towtruck driver, not the cop. You'll be in less shit that way.
Just pay attention to what he does to get the car on there so you can get it back off.

Hypothetically.

Var
10-07-2004, 04:28 PM
i dont think you could beat anyone up from jail. If they want to crush your car, most likely you're under arrest

old_s13
10-07-2004, 05:13 PM
First of all..

http://www.oyemag.com/images/lauren1.jpg

Booyah.. hell yes she is hot

http://www.gertie.cc/photos/05months/05m01.jpg

hot? hahaa WITH THAT FACE? shit, i'de bend her but thats about as far as i am going to go.. i wouldnt necessarily call her hot, brah.

S14DB> What ever happened to you right to due process? Day in court anybody? I kinda like the system of checks and balances. Not some cop that wants to have a car crushing orgy.

this is why i dont think it just applies to ANYONE cought racing. I believe this law will apply toward sting operations where cops corner DRAG RACERS who gather in an organized fashion to run straight line races.

again, if someone found the law and quoted it, that would be good.. because every law needs to be interpreted. BUT, thats what i picked up from the newscast. i cant imagine them just taking cars and crushing them.

last threat i got, was they told me they could IMPOUND my car for exhibition of speed.. i took off at a stoplight and well, they cought me. but of course, none of that ever happened.. they just gave me a front license plate ticket.

just be careful on the streets. anyway, why would a 240sx owner want to race in a straight line? he's basically asking to get an ass beating (unless its setup for that crappy racing)

Var
10-08-2004, 12:38 AM
http://www.gertie.cc/photos/05months/05m01.jpg

hot? hahaa WITH THAT FACE? shit, i'de bend her but thats about as far as i am going to go.. i wouldnt necessarily call her hot, brah.

You my friend ARE TRIPPIN! She is hot. that pic doesnt do her face justice.

nissantuner22
10-08-2004, 10:51 AM
that dog is awesome btw.

old_s13
10-08-2004, 10:55 AM
dude, her face looks like my ass after its been in the tub for a good hour.

thx247
10-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Did the program cite the law under which you can get your car crushed?

Var
10-08-2004, 11:58 AM
dude, her face looks like my ass after its been in the tub for a good hour.

There's no heterosexual way for me to say this so...nevermind

rainier
10-13-2004, 06:07 PM
it was on again. another news thingy. they were crushing this white camero. Sucks.

MakotoS13
10-13-2004, 07:15 PM
the other night i went with some friends to check out the local strip. like 20 cars tops on an untraveledbackroad. well, we heard sirens so we left, came back cause it was a firetruck a few streets over, and THEN got cornered by two cops. i was in a stock looking ranger sport, a guy had his harley, and another (fag) in his (faggot) camaro.

anyhow, they had us all lined up and crap, got our ID's, and basically treated us like terrorists cause we were parked (none of us ran and the Z28 ran way earlier that night). this was the first time in YEARS i went just cause my friend's spec-V was acting up.

one cop got out of his car, had his glock out, and put it to the back of the head of the chick on the bike. his finger was on the trigger... why? i mean, the most he coulda done was run, nobody was in any danger. i can only imagine what it's like in california where they are paranoid somebody is gonna get a LETHAL DOSE of 5hp from making their gas powered air pump work better.

FRpilot
10-13-2004, 08:36 PM
holy shit. cant you complain about the officer to the department for doing that?

wootwoot
10-13-2004, 09:25 PM
you could actually sue the piss out of them and get him fired. im not saying it would be easy but yea, it could be done. this shits all retarted, who wants to move to canada with me and just chill?

MakotoS13
10-13-2004, 09:31 PM
if you're a minority you can but if you're a cracka just write that one off.

thx247
10-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Sucks to live in LA. Some interesting stuff in here though, the burden of proof is on the city attorney to prove that the seized vehicle was the one in the contest. If for some reason there is any possibility of error, you should definitely fight it. Anymore, more than likely the city will sell the vehicle if its worth anything. They just have the option to destroy it. bfd.

I wonder what happens if people just swapped cars and didn't goto the races that night. You could always say you didnt know your friend was racing the car or something.

You can search the rest of LA's municipal codes here... http://www.amlegal.com/los_angeles_ca/

SEC. 41.70.2. NUISANCE VEHICLES – SPEED CONTESTS AND EXHIBITIONS OF SPEED.

(Amended by Ord. No. 175,848, Eff. 4/24/04.)

A. Definitions.

Driver means any person who drives a motor vehicle.

Exhibition of speed means a willful act of showing off or displaying a dangerous or imprudent speed in a vehicle on a highway where the presence of another person is known to the driver or may reasonably be anticipated by him or her. In order to constitute an exhibition of speed under this section, there must be spectators present at the event.

Highway means a way or place of whatever nature, which is used by the public for vehicular travel. It does not include a facility which is specifically designed and legally maintained for the purposes of speed contests or exhibitions of speed.

Speed contest means a contest where a vehicle is raced on a highway against another vehicle, a clock, or other timing device. In order to constitute a speed contest under this section, at least two vehicles must be assembled or spectators must be present at the event. An event where the time to cover a prescribed route of more than 20 miles is measured, but where the vehicle does not exceed the speed limit is not a speed contest.

Vehicle means any transportation device that requires the driver to have in his or her immediate possession a valid driver’s license for the appropriate class of vehicle being driven and which transportation device is equipped with a motor.

B. Abatement of Nuisance Vehicle by Seizure and Forfeiture.

1. Any vehicle used in a speed contest is declared a nuisance and the vehicle shall be enjoined and abated as provided in this section.

2. Any vehicle used in an exhibition of speed is declared a nuisance and the vehicle shall be enjoined and abated as provided in this section.

3. Any person or his or her servant, agent, or employee who owns, leases, conducts or maintains any vehicle used for any of the purposes or acts set forth in this section is responsible for creating a public nuisance.

C. Title to Vest in the City. All rights, title and interest in any vehicle described in Subsection B. shall vest in the City upon commission of the act giving rise to the nuisance under this section.

D. Seizure of Vehicle.

1. A peace officer may seize a vehicle subject to forfeiture under this section upon the issuance of an order by a court having jurisdiction of the vehicle. Seizure without court order may be made in any of the following circumstances:

(a) The seizure is incident to an arrest or search under a search warrant;

(b) There is probable cause to believe the vehicle was used in violation of this section.

2. A peace officer seizing a vehicle under this section shall complete a receipt in accordance with Penal Code Section 1412 and deliver it to the person from whose possession the vehicle was seized.

3. An immediate investigation shall be made by the public agency making the seizure as to any potential claimant to a vehicle whose right, title, interest, or lien is of record in the Department of Motor Vehicles of this or any other state or appropriate federal agency. If the public agency finds that any person, other than the registered owner, is the legal owner, and the ownership did not arise subsequent to the date and time of arrest or seizure of the vehicle or notification of the forfeiture proceedings, it shall, within two business days of the vehicle s seizure, send a notice of seizure to the legal owner at his or her address appearing on the records of the Department of Motor Vehicles of this or any other state or any appropriate federal agency.

4. The public agency seizing the vehicle shall provide any potential claimants discovered as a result of the investigation set out in D.3. with the opportunity for a post-seizure hearing to determine the validity of the seizure. The post-seizure hearing shall be conducted within two business days of the request. The public agency may authorize its own officer or employee to conduct the hearing if the hearing officer is not the same person who directed the seizure of the vehicle. Failure of either the registered or legal owner, or his or her agent, to request or attend a scheduled hearing within the appropriate time frame shall satisfy the post-seizure requirement.

The notice of seizure shall include the following:

(i) the name, address and telephone number of the agency providing the notice;

(ii) the authority and reason for the seizure;

(iii) a statement that in order to receive their post seizure hearing, the owners, or their agents, shall request the hearing in person, in writing, or by telephone within ten calendar days of the date of the notice; and

(iv) the time in which a claim of interest in the vehicle seized or subject to forfeiture is required to be filed.

(v) A vehicle seized pursuant to this section, where appropriate, may be held as evidence in any proceeding brought by the City Attorney or District Attorney.

E. Forfeiture and Notice of Intended Forfeiture of Vehicle.

1. The City Attorney may, pursuant to this section, order the forfeiture of vehicles seized under this section.

2. If the City Attorney determines that the factual circumstances warrant forfeiture of the vehicle described in Subsection B., the City Attorney shall serve a notice of intended forfeiture upon any person who has an interest in the seized vehicle. The notice shall be served as soon as practicable, but in any event within 30 calendar days of the seizure of the vehicle subject to forfeiture.

3. The notice of intended forfeiture shall be served as follows:

(a) The notice of intended forfeiture shall be served by personal delivery or certified mail, return receipt requested, upon any person who has an interest in the seized vehicle as determined pursuant to Subsection D.3.

(b) In the event that the person entitled to service refuses to accept certified return receipt mail or cannot be personally served, service may be made by substituted service. Substituted service may be accomplished by any one of the following methods:

(i) By leaving a copy during usual business hours at the recipient’s business with the person who is apparently in charge, and by thereafter mailing by first class mail a copy to the recipient where the copy was left;

(ii) By leaving a copy at the recipient’s dwelling or usual place of abode, in the presence of a competent member of the household and thereafter mailing by first class mail a copy to the recipient at the address where the copy was left.

(c) If the person entitled to service lives out of state and will not accept certified return receipt mail, then service may be made by first class mail.

(d) If the person entitled to notice cannot be located, or service cannot be made as set forth in this subsection, service may be made by publication in a Los Angeles newspaper of general circulation. Service shall be deemed sufficient when it is accomplished pursuant to Government Code Section 6063.

F. Claim Opposing Forfeiture and Court Proceedings.

1. A person claiming an interest in the vehicle seized pursuant to Subsection B. must within ten calendar days from the date of the notice of intended forfeiture or within 30 calendar days from the date of first publication of the notice of intended forfeiture, file with the Superior Court of the county in which the vehicle was seized, a Claim Opposing Forfeiture, verified in accordance with Section 446 of the Code of Civil Procedure, stating his or her interest in the vehicle. An endorsed copy of the claim shall be served upon the City Attorney within ten calendar days of the filing of the claim.

2. If a verified claim is filed in accordance with this section, the forfeiture proceeding shall be set for hearing within 30 calendar days from the date the claim is filed with the court. The City Attorney shall file a petition for forfeiture with the court within ten calendar days of service of the claim upon the City Attorney. A copy of the petition shall be served upon the claimant.

3. The hearing shall be before the Superior Court of Los Angeles County. The provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure shall apply to proceedings under this section unless otherwise inconsistent with the provisions or procedures set forth in this section. However, in proceedings under this section, there shall be no joinder or coordination of actions, except for forfeiture proceedings, or cross-complaints, and the issues shall be limited strictly to the questions related to this section. Trial shall be by court or jury.

4. With respect to vehicles described in Subsection B. for which forfeiture is sought and as to which forfeiture is contested, the City Attorney shall have the burden of proving by a preponderance of the evidence that the vehicle was used as set forth in Subsection B.

5. Upon proof that the vehicle was used for any of the purposes set forth in Subsection B., the court shall declare the vehicle a nuisance and order that the vehicle be forfeited and the proceeds upon sale distributed as set forth in Subsection G. The court may make a different distribution of the proceeds, if the court finds that the claimant did not know that the vehicle was used for a purpose that constitutes a violation of this section.

6. If no claims are timely filed, the City Attorney shall prepare a written declaration of forfeiture of the vehicle to the City. A written declaration of forfeiture signed by the City Attorney under this section shall be deemed to provide good and sufficient title to the forfeited vehicle. The proceeds from the disposal of the vehicle declared forfeited by the City Attorney shall be distributed in accordance with Subsection G. The City Attorney ordering forfeiture pursuant to this section shall provide a copy of the declaration of forfeiture to any person who received notice of the forfeiture proceedings.

G. Disposal of Vehicle and Distribution of Proceeds.

1. In all cases where vehicles seized pursuant to this section are forfeited to the City, the vehicles shall be sold or destroyed. The proceeds of sale shall be distributed and appropriated as follows:

(a) To pay costs associated with the towing, storage and release of any vehicle seized under this section;

(b) To pay costs associated with the sale of the vehicle; and

(c) To the lien holder of the vehicle, if any, up to the amount of his, her or its interest in the vehicle.

2. The remaining funds shall be distributed as follows:

(a) To the City Attorney for all expenditures other than personnel costs, made or incurred by the Office in connection with the enforcement of this section, including but not limited to, costs for equipment, investigation, supplies, litigation, insurance and liability resulting from enforcement of this section and costs of publication of the notices set forth in Subsection E.

(b) To local law enforcement for all expenditures other than personnel costs, made or incurred by the Department in connection with enforcement of this section, including but not limited to, costs for equipment, investigation and supplies related to enforcement of this section.

(c) To the general fund.

3. A vehicle may be destroyed only if the condition of the vehicle warrants destruction and there are no lien holders or claimants who did not know that the vehicle was used for a purpose that constitutes a violation of this section.

4. A forfeited vehicle shall not be sold to the person who was the driver of the vehicle at the time the vehicle was seized.

5. In lieu of forfeiture, a settlement may be negotiated, in which case the proceeds of the settlement shall be distributed and appropriated as follows:

(a) To the City Attorney for all expenditures other than personnel costs, made or incurred by the Office in connection with the enforcement of this section, including but not limited to, costs for equipment, investigation, supplies, litigation, insurance and liability resulting from enforcement of this section and costs of publication of the notices set forth in Subsection E.

(b) To local law enforcement for all expenditures other than personnel costs, made or incurred by the Department in connection with enforcement of this section, including but not limited to, costs for equipment, investigation and supplies related to enforcement of this section.

(c) To the general fund.

6. For budgeting purposes, funds attributable to this ordinance shall not be considered anticipated revenue into the general fund.

H. Stolen Vehicles. A vehicle that has been reported stolen, prior to a seizure under this section shall not be subject to forfeiture unless the identity of the registered owner cannot be reasonably ascertained or the registered owner fails to redeem the vehicle within 60 days of the seizure. The registered owner of the vehicle may claim the vehicle upon payment of tow, storage and release charges, provided the vehicle is not subject to any holds for traffic or parking violations and the vehicle registration is current.

I. Recovery of Monetary Loss. Nothing in this section shall preclude an owner of a vehicle who suffers a monetary loss from the forfeiture of a vehicle under this section from recovering the amount of the actual monetary loss from the person who committed the act giving rise to forfeiture under this section.

thx247
10-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Typo, I mean to say anyway, instead of anymore. Yeh.

JtWo
10-13-2004, 11:08 PM
www.mcsuk.org

SimpleSexy180
10-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Remeber guys... STREET RACING CANT DIE. I dont street race but its just the way it is....

meatish
10-15-2004, 12:45 AM
If a cop tried to crush my car I would ziptie his arm to the trunk. Then take a forklift from Home Depot and tip his squad car over and stab the hell out of it.

MurdarioStomp
10-15-2004, 01:07 AM
i heard that cellphone drivers are going to get pulled over and the cops take their phones and jump on them till they break and then they leave the suv moms there with no phone....unable to drive.

but seriously thats pretty insane. even if someone is racing, impound their car and charge an exhorbitant amount of money to get it out. Destroying other people's property is lame. that doesnt make sense. sems like it would just make people want to run even more and make things crazier. i know if i lived there and got in trouble for osmething car related, i would run like crazy now.

ALTRNTV
10-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Destroying other people's property is lame. that doesnt make sense. sems like it would just make people want to run even more and make things crazier. i know if i lived there and got in trouble for osmething car related, i would run like crazy now.

That's so true, people now would do anything to get away... even resorting to violence.

ghostuss
10-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Well racing on street is street racing. But you need two or more cars to actually have a race... If you just go drive in the mountain, it is not really racing even if you go WAY past the speed limit.

thx247
10-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Actually you can get your car impounded if the officer cites you under wreckless driving, so driving in the mountians or anywhere else isn't any safer from being cited.

ALLABOUTDAZ
10-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Thats why u make a run for it! u dont let cops catch you! Do what you gotta do to get away. jk

old_s13
10-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Actually you can get your car impounded if the officer cites you under wreckless driving, so driving in the mountians or anywhere else isn't any safer from being cited.

know your canyons.. be careful with what you do. if you're careful and know the roads, you wont get cought because mountains are too hard to patrol and very difficult to safely pull people over. SO, you just gotta be smart and safe about it.

decksy
10-19-2004, 02:35 AM
i heard that cellphone drivers are going to get pulled over and the cops take their phones and jump on them till they break and then they leave the suv moms there with no phone....unable to drive.

rofl.... i seriously think that people that talk on their cell phones while driving are as dangerous as people who street race..... jesus do you guys see how dangerous these people drive?!?!? if you see someone driving stupid... i'll bet you 5bucks that if you drive next to that person you'll see them talking on their phone....

shift_knob
08-18-2005, 11:39 PM
"Street racers" should be forced to take all 8 A1-A8 ASE certification tests. Upon recieving 50% or above on their tests, a simple speeding ticket would be issued. (75% is passing for ASE cert.) Upon failing to score 50% or above, the street racer himself/herself would be crushed.

Seriously though, the whole car crushing thing is outrageous! Hardly anyone deserves to have their car crushed - especially for a first offense. Just suspend the persons license for a year or something.

S14DB
08-19-2005, 12:53 AM
"Street racers" should be forced to take all 8 A1-A8 ASE certification tests. Upon recieving 50% or above on their tests, a simple speeding ticket would be issued. (75% is passing for ASE cert.) Upon failing to score 50% or above, the street racer himself/herself would be crushed.

Seriously though, the whole car crushing thing is outrageous! Hardly anyone deserves to have their car crushed - especially for a first offense. Just suspend the persons license for a year or something.
:rant: STOP BUMPING OLD THREADS!!! :rant: