PDA

View Full Version : Removing intake manifold bracket

jdm213
12-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Ok so I have a s13 and a black top sr and I want to install a oil pressure adapter from autotech but from a few comments I read it requires me to remove my lower intake manifold bracket is it true ? Is the bracket really important ? And would be the negative effect of not running one thanks I'm gonna try to see of o can do it with out removing first

anti tyler
12-08-2016, 06:44 PM
I can't speak on behalf of the SR community but I will say a few things;

1) I have a KA-t that hasn't had that bracket on in about 8 years.
2) it IS a supportive bracket and although manufacturers do add some crazy stuff sometimes, there probably was a more probable than not chance that without that bracket stuff would break.

Do you NEED it for the vehicle to function? no.
Will to blame something cracking or breaking if you take that bracket off? maybe.

jdm213
12-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Hey man I appreciate that response and it makes sense Ima try to install it then see if I can somehow add the bracket I just want someone that had issues removing to chime in anyone ?!

e1_griego
12-08-2016, 11:07 PM
I have never installed that bracket on any of my SRs. It just makes it harder to get to the oil filter.

No problems in 8 years.

KAT-PWR
12-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Forget that hassle ass bracket

jdm213
12-09-2016, 01:44 AM
Lmao ok thanks guys I hope this becomes something someone can search up and know it's ok to remove cuz there ain't shit to prove that it's bad again thanks guys