PDA

View Full Version : CA TW: CA18DET, dis-assembled, w/new oe & aftermarket rebuild parts

racepar1
12-03-2016, 08:25 PM
I've had this sitting around for a couple years now and haven't managed to get to it. Now I've come into an SR and a crapload of SR parts and am thinking about letting it go. CA's are badass little engines though and I would rather not whore it out all over the country, ESPECIALLY with the parts I have to put it back together.

There were no known issues with the engine before dis-assembly. It was simply going to be rebuilt before swapping it in. Then, like so many other 240 projects, the owner lost interest and parted out the car. I dis-assembled the engine myself as well as pulled it from the clip it came in.

The main issue with the engine at this time is simply that it has been sitting dis-assembled for a few years. Everything needs to be cleaned, laid out, and put back together. All the mechanical components are there, but there may be a few bolts missing. The cylinder walls do have surface rust, but the rust is easily cleaned off with scotch brite, nothing more than cleaning and honing will be necessary. It's the 8 port head as well. The engine has been stored inside the entire time since dis-assembly, NEVER outside, NEVER exposed to any source of moisture other than air (no leaky roofs or whatever).

The stock turbo is included along with a stock SR20DET turbo elbow, but one of the stud holes on the turbo for the elbow is fucked. The turbo is totally useable, you just might not be able to run one of the studs.

I'm not going to bother to list all the stock parts that are included, but I will list what would be missing and all the new parts that come with it.

NEW PARTS:
-OE Nissan complete CA18DET engine gasket/seal set
-new OE rings
-ACL rod and main bearings
-OE Nissan water pump
-OE Nissan oil pump
-OE Nissan timing belt tensioner
-Power enterprise timing belt
-ARP head studs
-NEW accessory belts
-ARP flywheel bolts
-NEW Nismo CA18DET engine mounts (slightly different than SR)

I'm probably forgetting something as well...

NEEDED:
-intercooler/air filter (NEW Greddy available at additional cost, for redtop SR, would need piping)
-downpipe (might have one)
-maybe dipstick tube (stuck in OE oil pump, included)
-maybe timing idler pulley (seem to remember missing one)
-metal headgasket (recommended, new OE included)
-ARP rod and main bolts (recommended OE ones included, no issues)
-new clutch (duh)
-transmission (bellhousing included, swap on ka or sr trans)

$800

The price for the new parts alone if I parted it out would be about $800

WILL NOT PART OUT!!!

racepar1
12-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Bump........

TheRepoMan
12-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Willing to part put the oil pan?

lonewanderer
12-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Is the head a 4port or 8 port head? If its a 4 port, would you consider selling just the head and intake and shipping it to 02747

Standard
12-05-2016, 10:13 PM
^read the post, says 8 port head clearly, doubt it'll get seperated tho good luck

GLWS op

racepar1
12-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Guys, this is a testing waters thread for the entire engine. I will not sell anyone one single part out of this thread. If I wanted to part it out don't you think I would have said something about a part out somewhere in the post???

:picardfp:

If I do ever decide to part it out I will post a part out thread with pics and at least pricing on the major items...

racepar1
12-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Bump, price added to stop the nonsense...

racepar1
12-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Bump, added the Nismo engine mounts I forgot about...

racepar1
12-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Bump........

racepar1
12-25-2016, 01:05 PM
Christmas bump!

racepar1
01-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Bump........

racepar1
01-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Bump........